Pages:
Author

Topic: Google allegedly prevent Trump from winning in 2020, push far left agenda - page 2. (Read 633 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 4
freedom of speech and freedom of association cant exist without each other. while blocking google on banning ppl they want to ban on their servers they own you are being a threat to their freedom of association, which, btw, was in your law list till, if im not mistaking, 60s
ive already said, that laws are not the criteria of anything

What you are really saying is (blah-blah-blah) it's okay for Google to dictate the results of the next election.

And no, it's not.
they dont dictate, they just express their opinion while not touching anyone who is not using google. you can express your opinion even if u are big and wealthy even if smb like u may think that big and wealthy should be punished for expressing their opinions
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386
Kind of like Russia.

Pay no attention to the millions of foreign nationals being allowed to flood over our border to manipulate voting demographics. What is important is Russia .....

They can't vote so what are you talking about.

There are two impacts of flooding our borders with illegal immigrants.

First, there is the certainty that some of these will directly vote, illegally, in our elections.

Second there is a likelihood they will largely be Democratic voters, which would affect outcomes in swing states.

FYI, these are well understood tactics of the US Democratic Party, nothing new at all.
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958
First Exclusion Ever
Kind of like Russia.

Pay no attention to the millions of foreign nationals being allowed to flood over our border to manipulate voting demographics. What is important is Russia bought $2000 worth of Facefuck ads!

It is illegal for them to vote*

There, I fixed that for you.

Oh you are one of those conspiracy theorists I see.

So do not focus on Russia influencing the election because it favored your side but all of a sudden you are worried about Google doing the same thing.   Wonder why?

Ah, ad hominem attacks, the last bastion of those without any logical argument. It is a fact that illegal aliens are voting even though they are legally prohibited from doing so. This is the main motivation behind issuing them drivers licenses, because many states automatically add people to the voter registration rolls when they apply for one. Russia isn't shipping millions of people into the country to vote. Russia also does not have the power to almost completely silence 50%+ of the population.
Activity: 742
Merit: 395
I am alive but in hibernation.
Surprising, Are you saying that Trump is not aware of it and did not warn these companies?
I think companies can be held accountable if they are discriminating the user on the basis of their political associations.
copper member
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1899
Amazon Prime Member #7
Please discuss the Russia hoax elsewhere. That is off topic here.

im not left, im right as fuck, but:
if u are talking about ethical part of google's actions, i think intervening to the google's servers and deciding how they would work, while not being an owner of these servers, is much less ethical than giving google a right to decide what rules are ok on the servers they own.
if you want to make google feel worse, but you dont want to do unethical actions, you can do the way i did: i just stopped using google, because of their actions. atm the only search engines i use are duckduckgo(for international search) and yandex(for local cis search on russian language), so you can switch to duckduckgo.
if its really essential for ppl to have free speech google, a lot of ppl would stop using google. and google will see, that their income has decreased a lot, and after that they will change their policy. if you really want to make world better: stop using google.
This is the classic Libertarian view. I usually am in favor of free markets, but not with the major tech companies. I don’t think these companies are doing business fairly in an objective sense. They earn money via advertising for the most part and mostly do not charge their users. In an open and free market, I would expect to see companies compete with google and other tech companies by paying customers to use their services but we are not seeing that. 

More importantly, google and other tech companies have special protection from the government from legal liability for libel. In exchange for receiving this protection, it should not be unreasonable to expect these companies to be neutral, at least towards mainstream ideas.
Activity: 31
Merit: 2
Kind of like Russia.

Pay no attention to the millions of foreign nationals being allowed to flood over our border to manipulate voting demographics. What is important is Russia bought $2000 worth of Facefuck ads!

Oh you are one of those conspiracy theorists I see.

So do not focus on Russia influencing the election because it favored your side but all of a sudden you are worried about Google doing the same thing.   Wonder why?
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
Kind of like Russia.

Activity: 31
Merit: 2
Kind of like Russia.

legendary
freedom of speech and freedom of association cant exist without each other. while blocking google on banning ppl they want to ban on their servers they own you are being a threat to their freedom of association, which, btw, was in your law list till, if im not mistaking, 60s

What you are really saying is (blah-blah-blah) it's okay for Google to dictate the results of the next election.

And no, it's not.
if u are talking about ethical part of google's actions, i think intervening to the google's servers and deciding how they would work, while not being an owner of these servers, is much less ethical than giving google a right to decide what rules are ok on the servers they own.
if you want to make google feel worse, but you dont want to do unethical actions, you can do the way i did: i just stopped using google, because of their actions. atm the only search engines i use are duckduckgo(for international search) and yandex(for local cis search on russian language), so you can switch to duckduckgo.
if its really essential for ppl to have free speech google, a lot of ppl would stop using google. and google will see, that their income has decreased a lot, and after that they will change their policy. if you really want to make world better: stop using google.

As Quickseller already stated, they are in violation of existing laws. They have to either be a public commons and allow all legal posts, or a publisher which can curate posts as they please but are also responsible for what is posted. They can't be both. I agree with your premise of not using their services, but realistically that is nearly impossible unless you are Amish.
as i said, i was talking about ethics.
laws are not the truth or ethics criteria

Well a lot of people would argue it is at minimum unethical if not illegal for them to try to manipulate free elections.
yeah, its unethical, but forbidding them doing this is much less ethical, ive already wrote my first reply in this thread about this

Nobody is forbidding them to break existing law.

There are simply clear consequences if they do, and they have.

Nobody is going to prevent them from doing things that cause them to do significant jail time.
legendary
First Exclusion Ever
Kind of like Russia.

legendary

As Quickseller already stated, they are in violation of existing laws. They have to either be a public commons and allow all legal posts, or a publisher which can curate posts as they please but are also responsible for what is posted. They can't be both. I agree with your premise of not using their services, but realistically that is nearly impossible unless you are Amish.

Well a lot of people would argue it is at minimum unethical if not illegal for them to try to manipulate free elections.
yeah, its unethical, but forbidding them doing this is much less ethical, ive already wrote my first reply in this thread about this

Nobody is forbidding them to break existing law.

There are simply clear consequences if they do, and they have.

Nobody is going to prevent them from doing things that cause them to do significant jail time.
Who would have thought that giving too much power to companies without regulating them is a bad idea?

Incredible no?
corporation called google has too much power?
lets give enough power to corporation called america to destroy it.
lol
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251
Who would have thought that giving too much power to companies without regulating them is a bad idea?

Incredible no?

legendary
First Exclusion Ever

legendary
First Exclusion Ever

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645
It seems that google (and other major tech companies) are in fact abusing section 230 of the DCMA.

The tech companies have not quite gotten this bad -- it appears they are moving in this direction -- a company may ban all speech except those derogatory to a certain group of political ideology (or in favor of that groups competitor), and claim the content on their platform is user generated and as such exempt from libel liability. I do not think this is what was intended when section 230 was drafted, I believe the intention was to allow for competing ideas to be published.   

It has been happening since trump got elected, youtube/google, facebook or twitter. All of those are banning people that support trump, youtube is clearly demonetizing trump supporters and conservatives, they are not even hiding it at this point, its blatantly there.
Pages:
Jump to: