Pages:
Author

Topic: Google killing Adsense accounts on Bitcoin-related sites - page 2. (Read 8337 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
So were taking down google
Mean that sarcastically
But in reality there is a bunch of computer literate humans here so we are a threat  Grin
Activity: 905
Merit: 1001
This happened to me a couple months back.  I kept asking about it and they eventually explained that the reason was it is that they consider it a financial advice related site and I had to follow the rules they set for that.  the only issue I had was displaying my mailing address on the site.

ok so if this is a "financial advise" website, which rules do you have to follow? the issue was that you displayed your email address? Smiley
Activity: 714
Merit: 510
Just had an Adsense account of mine get shut down, although it was only making me pennies. I've heard/seen of this happening to others too who ran Bitcoin-related websites. Has this happened to anyone else?

I can co-sign that. I let my visitors know that week accepted bitcoin donations. Then a week or so later they suspended my account because supposedly they couldn't prove certain traffic coming to my site or some BS like that. Bitcoin has a target on it's back believe it.

Now we know why Google funded Ripple.
Activity: 179
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
Not true. Check

http://www.elbitcoingratis.es/

This is website ging away BTC and it has adsense. There are others...
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
i know this topic is really old but i read about "coding in my sleep" blog article which mentions that adsense stopped monetizing his blog. is google starting again to disable accounts with bitcoin traffic?

i am showing google adsense on cryptocoincharts.info with a lot of traffic and never had problems the last weeks/months..

Sounds like FUD. Instead of an assault on Bitcoin-related sites more likely is that someone click bombed him and Google shut down the account as a result, that has been known to happen.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Why the hell you even deal with Google, company known for major datamining and profiling of people and privacy intrusions. Google is bunch of corporate idiots who see themselves as
God's Mind, Big Brother or whatever their delusions "suggest" and you are doing business with them? Gotta be really dumb, blinded by eventual profit or both.

because this is the only profitable way to keep up my website. i have tried bitcoin ad networks and got like 0.00001 BTC / month

That's down to the lack of advertisers on the BTC networks. It was the same when Google launched Adwords/Adsense back in 2005. IIRC they did loads of promos to bring advertisers into their network (gave out free adwords vouchers etc) - and even so, the expensive keywords like "mortgages" could be had for 2 cents per click. Now it's over $10 per click.

I don't know why the BTC ad networks arn't promoting themselves more thoroughly - I thought they'd have been present at that Bitcoin conference in San Jose, but from the reports I've read about the conference, it was dominated by start-ups looking to build interfaces so ordinary people could purchase from online retailers using bitcoins. The advertising space was neglected even though it's potentially lucrative.
Activity: 161
Merit: 11
If this is true, it might be the worst possible event to happen to Bitcoin.
Why the hell you even deal with Google, company known for major datamining and profiling of people and privacy intrusions. Google is bunch of corporate idiots who see themselves as
God's Mind, Big Brother or whatever their delusions "suggest" and you are doing business with them? Gotta be really dumb, blinded by eventual profit or both.

because this is the only profitable way to keep up my website. i have tried bitcoin ad networks and got like 0.00001 BTC / month
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Just had an Adsense account of mine get shut down, although it was only making me pennies. I've heard/seen of this happening to others too who ran Bitcoin-related websites. Has this happened to anyone else?

Time to move to a bitcoin advertising network.

+1

That's just not true. They are us, 50,000 of us.

Mistakes happen when you hand over control to automated systems - they get fixed in time.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Quote from: kiba
Time to move to a bitcoin advertising network.

Interesting Idea.

I wonder how feasible it is do do advertising without tracking cookies and client-side scripting?

Pay-per-click should be possible without cookies (and would work with text ads). Pay-per-impressiion would be trickier.

There are loads of bitcoin advertising networks out there already, and yes they work like Adsense, using cookies.

1. Coinurls.com (disclosure: affiliate link). They do adsense-style pay to click ads and also interstertial ads (like adfly)

2. puppytwist.com Adsense-style pay per click ads

3. anonymous ads Pay per impression ads

I believe there are loads more (please post if you know of others) - but they haven't got as many publishers and advertisers as Adsense. But if the community rallies around, one of them may grow to become a rival to Adsense.

Activity: 181
living in forward thinking
i know this topic is really old but i read about "coding in my sleep" blog article which mentions that adsense stopped monetizing his blog. is google starting again to disable accounts with bitcoin traffic?

i am showing google adsense on cryptocoincharts.info with a lot of traffic and never had problems the last weeks/months..

i've been wondering the exact same thing, i also do not see anything official on that matter when googeling...

is anyone making similar experiences these days? getting suspended by adsense?

i even have the word "bitcoin" in the url, but so far no problem... then again the site has only been up for a few weeks and i have less than 200 unique visitors a day and the income is just pennies...

Activity: 116
Merit: 10
I can only confirm what happened to me.  Soon after I covered Bitcoin on my 3 channels they started to disable monetization on my videos and threatened to even take the videos down for copyright violations.  My main channel had been monetizing all 115 videos for over a month with no issues until I mentioned Bitcoin.

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."
  --  Mahatma Gandhi

The Bitcoin Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BitcoinChannel?feature=mhee

Buy stock in The Bitcoin Channel and promote Bitcoins:
http://www.empireavenue.com/eahome

Support The Bitcoin Channel by mining for it:
http://www.bitcoinplus.com/generate?for=1691348

haha, yeah buddy i'm sure Gandhi would sympathize with your plight
Activity: 82
I can only confirm what happened to me.  Soon after I covered Bitcoin on my 3 channels they started to disable monetization on my videos and threatened to even take the videos down for copyright violations.  My main channel had been monetizing all 115 videos for over a month with no issues until I mentioned Bitcoin.

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."
  --  Mahatma Gandhi

The Bitcoin Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BitcoinChannel?feature=mhee

Buy stock in The Bitcoin Channel and promote Bitcoins:
http://www.empireavenue.com/eahome

Support The Bitcoin Channel by mining for it:
http://www.bitcoinplus.com/generate?for=1691348
Activity: 126
This could be happening because of the rash of Bitcoin-related spam after the Mt. Gox incident.  My Mt. Gox-specific email address (used only there) is getting hit regularly by spammed offers, most of them fraudulent.  One of the spams was filtered out of my mailbox because my spam filters check SpamHaus: they had listed the IP and web site of the spammer.  I checked with Spamhaus about it, mostly because I didn't want them thinking Bitcoin itself was fraudulent.  It turns out that they know about it; one of their guys has an account at Mt. Gox. ;-)  But I bet a lot of the big email providers and web hosting providers don't know about it, and might be treating any mention of Bitcoin as suspicious because of this.  You'd *think* they would check, but fraud and cybercrime are such big issues that companies sometimes act first, and then check later if at all. Sad
Activity: 154
Do your global advertising on Facebook ads make as many as you want and theres millions of facebook addicts that will see your ad and click on it give enough time.
I did it for my business works wonders I even locked it into my demographic area.
If google is screwing people.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
I'd bet you anything that this was an outside attacker who has an agenda against Bitcoin. They search for any site that mentions Bitcoin, and then sends thousands of fraudulent clicks to the ads on the page to get AdSense to drop you.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
running a js bitcoin miner reworks the stats to a very noticeable degree, in turn gaming adsense.
How is it this wasn't realized before?
Ah, now that is a good piece of information to know.  I am surprised this works though.
Activity: 126
It's pretty premature to be blaming this on bitcoin content. Google may do a bunch of bad things, but they want people to show ads except for a certain number of known categories - and with those they are upfront about it. They have real problems with clickfraud though, and for sure their algorithms get false positives. Combine that with ultra low traffic ("only making me pennies") and it's not worth their time to care about a identification specifically. In fact, this the best argument that it's not bitcoin related specifically - the site in question was probably too low traffic to have anyone with a pulse ever look at it.

What was your CTR? If your CTR was too high you'll pretty much get autobanned.
Pages:
Jump to: