Pages:
Author

Topic: Google killing Adsense accounts on Bitcoin-related sites - page 3. (Read 8337 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1008
What reason did they give you?  Targeting bitcoin would run counter to their "do no evil" pledge.
Ha ha, do you usually blindly believe what marketers tell you? Are you familiar with the concept of doublespeak? Oh boy.
Exactly my point.  If Google really is singling out bitcoin (maybe they are, maybe they aren't), it should be noted how such an action would be viewed as contrary to the values of people that hold freedom in high esteem.  Google took a very strong stand in favor of freedom in its dealings with China (to the point that it presented a significant risk to its earnings and share price).  Such an action against bitcoin would stand in stark contrast to that position and could unwind any goodwill they engendered from taking such a stand.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
running a js bitcoin miner reworks the stats to a very noticeable degree, in turn gaming adsense.
How is it this wasn't realized before?

newspeak has nothing to do with it.

a decent bounce rate on a regular site seems to be around 20%, look at your bounce rate chart and the different will be all to noticeable to have any complaint.

You are gaming adsense whether you knew it or not.

I wonder how a good majority of you got to be this way.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
That totally sucks. Thanks for the warning. Clearly someone has instructed them to do this.

Adsense are always totally unanswerable anyway so they can easily get away with it.
Activity: 42
Merit: 2
What reason did they give you?  Targeting bitcoin would run counter to their "do no evil" pledge.
Ha ha, do you usually blindly believe what marketers tell you? Are you familiar with the concept of doublespeak? Oh boy.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
This is why we shouldn't have super entities such as wal-mart, google, facebook, etc...

they have the power to manipulate
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
Let the chips fall where they may.
Quote from: kiba
Time to move to a bitcoin advertising network.

Interesting Idea.

I wonder how feasible it is do do advertising without tracking cookies and client-side scripting?

Pay-per-click should be possible without cookies (and would work with text ads). Pay-per-impressiion would be trickier.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
What reason did they give you?  Targeting bitcoin would run counter to their "do no evil" pledge.

On what grounds do you base that assertion? The word "evil" is purely subjective.
Activity: 699
Merit: 500
Your Minion
That's unsettling, any further explanations?
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
Just had an Adsense account of mine get shut down, although it was only making me pennies. I've heard/seen of this happening to others too who ran Bitcoin-related websites. Has this happened to anyone else?

Time to move to a bitcoin advertising network.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1008
Just had an Adsense account of mine get shut down, although it was only making me pennies. I've heard/seen of this happening to others too who ran Bitcoin-related websites. Has this happened to anyone else?

What reason did they give you?  Targeting bitcoin would run counter to their "do no evil" pledge.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Everything Mike Willz (Skype Mike_Willz) Google Me

I can co-sign that. I let my visitors know that week accepted bitcoin donations. Then a week or so later they suspended my account because supposedly they couldn't prove certain traffic coming to my site or some BS like that. Bitcoin has a target on it's back believe it.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015
I hope not.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Pages:
Jump to: