Pages:
Author

Topic: GOP: Obama's Failed Economy after 5 Years - page 3. (Read 1674 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
He stole billions to pay out fradulant bankers, F him.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
You know, sometimes I wonder if they think congress and that other thing don't have any effect on economy... But, I'm very ignorant about the political system there... Probably there hasn't been anything preventing effective governing...
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
http://onpolitics.usatoday.com/2014/02/17/gop-commemorates-five-years-of-failed-stimulus/

The GOP, the right, and most of the other Obama haters keep claiming that after 5 1/2 years, Obama is the one responsible for our less than great economy. They claim that any excuses do not matter, because the 5 1/2 years has been more than enough to fix everything with the right plans.
I can only point out that if a long time as president is the only factor we need to consider in evaluating a president's performance, then Obama cannot yet be considered our worst president on the economy. Bush II had 8 years to give us a great economy. How were things after his 8 years? Let's see how it compares after Obama's 8 years.

To be clear, I believe a president cannot be judged solely by how things are going after X number of years. You need to consider the entire hand he was dealt. At a minimum, one must recognize that economies do have cycles, some with bigger swings than others.
Pages:
Jump to: