Pages:
Author

Topic: Government regulation on cryptocurrency, GOOD or BAD? - page 16. (Read 3350 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
The regulation may have some positive impact. Please don't condemn it completely.
Activity: 258
Merit: 10
Government regulation of encryption certainly has a short-term impact on prices, but in the long run, after regulatory compliance, prices are sure to keep rising.

Activity: 68
I would prefer cryptocurrency is not regulated by the government.
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
Cryptocurrency regulations I believe is good for us bounty hunters and investors especially the one mention which is registering ICO projects in a government agency that will handle this to avoid getting scam and so that our bounty campaign participation won't be a waste of time like what had happened today wherein 80% of the ICO does not pay off right after the ICO ends.
As long as the government did not over power there right in implementing rules and regulations they used. This is a good thing if the both parties benefits from one another. Therefore the bitcoin users will be happy at the same the government will. It is really a good thing for both parties since both are benefiting and growing as different entity.
Activity: 336
Merit: 101
For me government regulation means mass adoption, as more and more people will feel more comfortable to invest their money in Crypto Currencies. And we all know that when more money comes into crypto, the prices of everything usually goes up. and it is the best thing for crypto world.
Activity: 227
Merit: 1
IQCash
The government regulations are like the two sides of a coin. The regulations come with their own pros and cons for the crypto market in general. If crypto adhere to government regulations and gradually meet the acceptance of the governments, the FUD created in the people will be minimized and this will cause a lot of investors to move to the crypto industry.
On the other hand, crypto will cease to be decentralized thereby subjecting all transactions to authoritative third party involvement (the government).
Activity: 756
Merit: 102
I think regulation mean that cryptocurrency is legal in that country.  So it is GOOD.

As long as the government did not over power there right in implementing rules and regulations they used. This is a good thing if the both parties benefits from one another. Therefore the bitcoin users will be happy at the same the government will. It is really a good thing.

the government must not intervene in full policy, they only need to make a strong transaction regulation and stay focused on the development and potential generated.

if they do not regulate, the fate of crypto currencies will never see clarity, and if this continues, fraud will increase and eventually destroy the minds of many new people involved in it.

there are governments  that are corrupt and there are other who dont , so i guess that will still depend .  though in my own opinion i think  cryptos does not need any regulations ever because i already see and feel that cryptos are doing a good job and many people (inluding me ) are already used to it . therfor i think crypto regulation are a bad thing .  

Cryptocurrency regulations I believe is good for us bounty hunters and investors especially the one mention which is registering ICO projects in a government agency that will handle this to avoid getting scam and so that our bounty campaign participation won't be a waste of time like what had happened today wherein 80% of the ICO does not pay off right after the ICO ends.

we can still do something in order to avoid getting scammed by ico's and regulation is not the answer to the scamming .  scammer is already part of the chain . you cant just stop them all because they can always create a new profile and change thier identity in order to scam again .
Activity: 140
I think regulation mean that cryptocurrency is legal in that country.  So it is GOOD.

As long as the government did not over power there right in implementing rules and regulations they used. This is a good thing if the both parties benefits from one another. Therefore the bitcoin users will be happy at the same the government will. It is really a good thing.

the government must not intervene in full policy, they only need to make a strong transaction regulation and stay focused on the development and potential generated.

if they do not regulate, the fate of crypto currencies will never see clarity, and if this continues, fraud will increase and eventually destroy the minds of many new people involved in it.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 299
I think it's all right.It should be.Cryptocurrency should be used for good deeds and not for money laundering and terrorist financing.
Like you, I also hate misuse of crypto currencies by criminals. This is one of the reason why digital coins are not trusted by many people and governments are against the use of them. However, I am also not in favor of government taking away the freedom that holders are enjoying at the moment. Regulations have its own pros and cons but the trade is not a good one for sure.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
If the reason is to prevent illegal or abuse in use of cryptocurrency from money laundering, funding terrorist groups and etc., I think it is GOOD and I agree if I have to do KYC to register in the local exchange, because honestly terrorism must be eradicated from the world.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
It is really bad for cryptocurrency the government regulation for cryptos , because the government may either impose taxes to the cryptos and the functions of cryptos which is in anonimity will be lost because the goverent is in control with the cryptocurrency.
Well if we speak about a system with no regulations, the system actually does not work. The fact that people do not want regulations in Bitcoin is just because of the fear of being charged with taxes. And it is vague to claim that government will not implement such policies because they can really implement such policies for maximizing their own interest.

This is why people do not want regulations in Bitcoin. But I think if the government allow the crypto currency and implement soft policies on the users, the users would be able to get in with the policies and invest in the same time to earn in Bitcoin.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
It would really depens on the execution but entirely i belive that regulation is a good thing. It just safeguards us, the holders of crypto currency, and puts us under the umbrella of the law protected by their regulations. Because of this, we can trade without thinking that maybe this will turn out to be fraudulent or worse they could run out with our hard earned money
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1514
Doesn't make sense for governmental regulation on a decentralized currency. The US government has already taken a stance on regulation forcing those who profited from Bitcoin to pay capital gains tax, which they do enforce. That's the extent that any regulation should exist. Leave it at that, don't add unnecessary hoops to jump through to trade, sell or obtain Bitcoin.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 538
It is actually a very good thing to even see that the government at least pay attention to what the people want and rather than trying to find the means to frustrate the usage of bitcoin or cryptocurrency, at least they are trying to see how they can manage it. It is a good thing for the citizen as well as the country itself, and over time, I believe this will so much help a lot with development and growth of the nation as a whole as there is so much to benefit from the space.

I believe warning the citizens to be cautious of cryptos is good because the same way it can help is the same way people can get the wrong picture and end up losing a lot as well. However, this is the way things are with most governments as they tend to look more at the bad side than the good sides. However, it is a good thing that the adoption rate in Philippine is growing very strong, and with the step the government is taking to accept and regulate the space is really going to be a very wonderful move.
Activity: 154
Activity: 27
If the state regulation of the crypto currency will lead to its legalization around the world, then it is good of course. And there is no more confusion for cryptocurrency holders. But it takes a lot of time for the whole world to come to this, because many countries do not want to recognize the crypto currency.
Activity: 60
I think overall regulation can be a good thing in helping fight against scam ICOs.

If an ICO has to follow certain rules else they can't do much business or get listed on a top tier exchange, because the exchange cannot risk getting shut down, then scam ICOs will be easier to identify.

Sure we want the government out, but they can be helpful in many cases.
Activity: 840
Merit: 252
There is a good and bad effect when bitcoin gets regulated by the government. First when bitcoin gets regulated for sure almost all of the people in the world or a great percentage of people around the world will trust bitcoin and bitcoin's value will be very much increased. The bad effect on bitcoin is that government can manipulate the value and can be used to control people
Activity: 854
Merit: 104
Regulation of the crypto currency primarily means its legalization. In this respect, regulation is good for her. However, further regulation and setting of various restrictions for the crypto currency, sometimes superfluous, is bad. However, the stage of the regulation of the crypto currency must be passed through. Without this, we will not go anywhere.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 106
Available for rent
I feel this is a good thing, because then the cryptocurrency will be available to many people, and more importantly there is no more confusion for cryptocurrency holders.

Right. Regulations are better than complete ban as :

1) A country banning crypto completely is closing all doors. But a country which is just adding some taxes may reconsider the restrictions in future and lift them if they see people getting benefited with crypto.

2) By announcing the regulations, the government will indirectly encourage more people to invest who were earlier scared to invest.
Pages:
Jump to: