Pages:
Author

Topic: Government regulation on cryptocurrency, GOOD or BAD? - page 21. (Read 3350 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 523
Cryptocurrency doesn't need regulation, bitcoin still works without it.
When cryptocurrency turn into fiat money and vice versa, which happens in exchanges, banks, fintech companies is the point that has to be regulated. It's different if we're discussing government regulates cryptocurrency as means of payment as it has slight chance to compete with the national currency.
Good or bad depends on the perspective of the government, as long as they allow people to trade cryptocurrency, that will be enough.
Activity: 406
Merit: 2
good or bad is relative, every rule there must be advantages and disadvantages, but usually the government regulations are made not in a short time, always reviewed repeatedly with careful consideration of thought, and it is done, by a person who is truly competent, so I agree if the government applies the rules to the crypto market at least the risk of security can be minimized
Activity: 644
Merit: 10
COVIR.IO
I came to a realization that government had stepped in already in some countries who are accepted and acknowledge cryptocurrency existence. In fact they made a regulations that has made some negative and positve reactions over the implementation of cryptocurrency regulations like doing KYC (Knoy Your Client) on local exchanges, Registering ICO projects to the government agency concerns and etc which purpose is to prevent illegal or abuse in the use of cryptocurrency from money laundering, funding terrorist groups and etc. Well can you say about this regulations, GOOD or BAD?

Government regulation is good for cryptocurrency market. It will give more confident for crypto investor and make us more comfort. With regulation, scam ICOs can be reducing and government will protect our investment with that regulation
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
with the regulations from the governments, cryptocurrency has a big chance to be legal so many people will come to the cryptocurrency and they can use cryptocurrency without afraid with anything. it is good for cryptocurrency because cryptocurrency can get legitimate from the governments and cryptocurrency will have a bright future to become a new currency for our life. and after cryptocurrency becomes legal and can be a new currency in every country, cryptocurrency can be used for a new payment system.
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
Regulation is good for a country or for cryptocurrency. In this context, the cryptocurrency payment of the financial institutions of the country will increase due to the fact that people of that country will be loyal to the crypto world and they will be interested in this work. And other countries will come forward to take a new initiative in cryptocurrency.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 505
The Blockchain wasn’t made for the government to control it. It is an open platform and gives people total freedom and complete control over their money (nobody does it for you, you do it yourself) transactions are being made people from one wallet to the other and also processed by the people too.

Government can only control the money in their possession and banks, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are completely out of their control. They can only stop you from withdrawing money from your wallet/exchange to bank.
Activity: 167
I came to a realization that government had stepped in already in some countries who are accepted and acknowledge cryptocurrency existence. In fact they made a regulations that has made some negative and positve reactions over the implementation of cryptocurrency regulations like doing KYC (Knoy Your Client) on local exchanges, Registering ICO projects to the government agency concerns and etc which purpose is to prevent illegal or abuse in the use of cryptocurrency from money laundering, funding terrorist groups and etc. Well can you say about this regulations, GOOD or BAD?
The formula of that question is Kinda strange, because those regulations are different and they can be good or bad depending on the country and type of regulation that they put on cryptocurrency.
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
If the state accepts the crypto currency and begins to regulate it legally, then the economic situation in this country will change. I think that the economy will start to grow.
Activity: 240
I think government regulations is good for cryptocurrency. It only implies that if there is regulations, there is recognition on the part of the government.

In that sense, crypto enthusiasts feel more secured and confident with their investment.

I think it will be good for crypto if a government regulates it. Aside from giving an impression of acceptance, regulations would help minimize fraud incidents. Cyber criminals should also be caught. Lastly, a certain crypto business will also draw investors because it has been accredited by the government.
Activity: 84
PXUXAKUPDiAAE4QjcVoAuoWyH33wVjz2ci
I think that means that the government has paid attention even though it is cautious and there is also legal clarity in its use. i think it is also natural that the government is aware of some of the crimes you say
Activity: 2072
Merit: 503
I think government regulations is good for cryptocurrency. It only implies that if there is regulations, there is recognition on the part of the government.

In that sense, crypto enthusiasts feel more secured and confident with their investment.
I don't know, if the regulation benefits cryptocurrency, or supports it, then it will be very good, because that might be the form that the government has accepted. but, if not, then of course that is something that is bad and can have an effect on cryptocurrency.
Activity: 425

Activity: 226

As my opinion their is a good news and bad news about the government regulation  in cryptocurrencies. The good news is... if the government  regulates cryptocurrencies the scammers can not easily penetrated because their is an agency that looks their credibility if they are legits or scam. But the bad news is... when their is government officials abuses his power to manipulates the price of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 37
In my own country, government regulations on cryptocurrency are bad, they do not want to legalize cryptocurrency because they fear that these cryptos will make their currency down, they have not seen the potential for growth. They are big investment projects, which can bring huge profits to their country.
Activity: 714
Merit: 11
BountyMarketCap
good, with that crypto has become a legal thing to trade and no more problems. but it is certain, the government will take taxes for it.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
I think it's good. There is nothing wrong with KYC as long as we use cryptocurrency in a good way and not abused. Even I think it should add tax regulation to the crypto holders
I disagree we do not need KYC, the point of cryptocurrencies is to create a system that is independent of government control, I am tired of people saying something like if you are not doing anything wrong you have nothing to fear, well I am not doing anything wrong but I do not want to go through KYC in any way or form, that is in my opinion an intrusion to my privacy.
Activity: 714
Merit: 252
Performing KYC and regulating the same are both the different things. KYC just inform the employee, investors, sponsors or projects that with whom they are dealing with and the person is real as well. I guess regulation will be like taxing your crypto investment, keeping track of the same via income tax returns portals etc.
I guess both the things are good and it depends where they are being used. For me taxation on crypto is perfect agenda and it can benefit us by adding some credibility to our daily finances.
Activity: 924
Merit: 220
I think regulation mean that cryptocurrency is legal in that country.  So it is GOOD.
Yeah but there are many threads stating that the governments actions could mean to kill bitcoin. As there were no true to this accusations and in fact government had stepped in to help people be guided accordingly on preventing the possible abuses on its use. However, some of the members did not even listen the importance of the role of government in the implementation and regulation of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 322
good, because if the government regulates crypto currency means the government accepts crypto currencies, and government revenue for crypto currencies is very difficult and affects price movements,
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
When the state starts controlling the Crypto-currency, in most cases the state itself benefits. But people who work in the crypto-currency market get a lot of minuses that complicate their further work.
Pages:
Jump to: