Pages:
Author

Topic: Government regulation on cryptocurrency, GOOD or BAD? - page 27. (Read 3350 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 2
there are things that are not good to me, although ico finally also considered a legal thing. is when the government takes taxes, and is quite high, will reduce crypto enthusiasts.
Activity: 322
Merit: 0
It's hard to talk about what else is not there. State regulation of crypto-currencies can weaken the interest of potential investors, since krypton will be taxed, there will be some restrictions, restrictions on the number and time of use. All this will lead to a decline in the growth and progress of the crypto industry.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
It's good for investors because they need a guarantee to secure their assets.
But usually we have to pay taxes as parts of the regulated.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 180
Bad. The official justifications seem Ok and good, but on the practice it's only useful to get more money from the common investor to the government's pockets through the taxes. With or without regulations it's possible to track and find terrorists and any other kind of criminals, it's just an excuse to turn regulations more confortable and acceptable for everyone.
Taxes is the main concern of our government and of course they will not let their people to earn more money without paying it so I think its really depend on one government. If they make a decision about thing technology, usually normal people can't do anything about it so if the government bans cryptocurrency in your place, for sure you will be broke. For me good regulations with cryptocurrency is ok for me, it may have a good or bad effect but hopefully its more on the good side.
Activity: 5
Of course it will be for good, once goverment acknowledge the existence cryptocurrency in a form by regulating it then, more people will consider investing in the crypto specially those who have second though.
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
I came to a realization that government had stepped in already in some countries who are accepted and acknowledge cryptocurrency existence. In fact they made a regulations that has made some negative and positve reactions over the implementation of cryptocurrency regulations like doing KYC (Knoy Your Client) on local exchanges, Registering ICO projects to the government agency concerns and etc which purpose is to prevent illegal or abuse in the use of cryptocurrency from money laundering, funding terrorist groups and etc. Well can you say about this regulations, GOOD or BAD?

From all people know that regulation might be bad for it but it is actually good for crypto since authorities could help investors sue some ICO or any developer than have made them scammed.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
For me it depends on what kind of regulations they are implementing.If it is for the benefit of both parties then its good but if it is only for their own motive well its bad.When you say government are taking actions and doing some regulations in cryptocurrency it means that they are fully aware and embrace its existence.If they made some strict regulations like KYC it is only for the benefits of everyone not to be scammed or not to be part of illegal transactions.
Activity: 283
Merit: 100
it is somehow good due to the ICO's bad because crypto is a decentralize so how it will be able to say that it is if someone will regulate the said cryptocurrency right? there are pros and cons so government should think of it.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 525
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Bad. The official justifications seem Ok and good, but on the practice it's only useful to get more money from the common investor to the government's pockets through the taxes. With or without regulations it's possible to track and find terrorists and any other kind of criminals, it's just an excuse to turn regulations more confortable and acceptable for everyone.
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
Could be bad and good as well.  If there is a regulation, then it is legal to use crypto which mean is a good thing.  But regulation always follow by taxes, so I think this is the bad thing.
Activity: 47
It just proves that they are finally starting to realize and accept cryptocurrencies. They see it as the future and believe they need to put their hands around it. They feel the need to be in control of it, both for security and profitability reasons. Making a better community to trade and invest in cryptocurrency should be their goal. Whether they are doing it for themselves or for the people is hard to tell. I would definitely say it is both good and bad as of right now since it's in the early stages. It's also a legal issue. The government stepping in makes it legal.
Activity: 38
it a very good thing for government to step in and regulate cryptocurrency activities, that has always been the duty of government, to regulate and checkmate, in order to prevent abuse and citizens falling victims to scam and fraud. With the government's endorsement, it creat confidencein the heart of investors about cryptocurrency.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
ADAB ADAB ADAB ADAB
I came to a realization that government had stepped in already in some countries who are accepted and acknowledge cryptocurrency existence. In fact they made a regulations that has made some negative and positve reactions over the implementation of cryptocurrency regulations like doing KYC (Knoy Your Client) on local exchanges, Registering ICO projects to the government agency concerns and etc which purpose is to prevent illegal or abuse in the use of cryptocurrency from money laundering, funding terrorist groups and etc. Well can you say about this regulations, GOOD or BAD?

There are actually different types of government which are corrupted and not but it will still be depending on their decisions on how they look on their current economy if it can survive cryptocurrency or not.
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
i will say it a very good thing for government to step in and regulate cryptocurrency activities, that has always been the duty of government, to regulate and checkmate, in order to prevent abuse and citizens falling victims to scam and fraud,
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039
I think regulation mean that cryptocurrency is legal in that country.  So it is GOOD.

Having something be legal in a country does not instantly mean it's a good thing. The legality of bitcoin could be a double edged sword depending on what kind of activity we're talking about. Government regulation could be pushed to very high limits, causing a sudden drop in interest of bitcoin. Think about secret service organizations that some governments use. Remember the KGB? It was legal, yet pushed to the extent that all of a sudden there was a strong centralized government in Russia. We don't want something similar in terms of centralization with bitcoin.
Activity: 630
Merit: 103

This shows that certain government is really protecting the welfare of its people by regulating the use of crypto currencies therefore it is good specially today that ICO scam projects are now rampant in the crypto space in which many are become victims. As long as we have nothing to hide and our data will be protected thru government regulation then i will fully support this move.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 104
As long as they will legalize the use crypto I don't have any problems with it. I don't have any issues regarding KYC and I do care about my identity but see if government have regulation about it then there should be no issues about id theft. One of the benefit is that ico's need to register which is good wherein it will minimize scam and fraud but the problem is with corrupt officials that can approve them by just paying under the table.

Well regulations are different depending on which country you are in. The good thing in our country is that crypto is legal which can boost our economy.
Activity: 368
Merit: 250
It is better to regulate cryptocurrency than to ban it by the government. When we talk about regulation, many people resist from it. But in my opinion, I see how these governments eagerness to be involved in cryptocurrency as well as the growing industry. Therefore, I agree with regulation of cryptocurrency because it is a basis that government cares about the current innovation in technology.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 596
It honestly depends on what the regulation is all about.

If it restricts access to bitcoin altogether, then no, it's definitely bad for cryptocurrencies. Measures such as draconian KYC laws mean that average Joes have to go through an extensive procedure and provide source of funds before they can actually buy bitcoin with their credit cards or whatnot, a huge hassle, and definitely discourages use of cryptos in general.

On the other hand, there can be positive regulations as well. For example, initiatives that regulate exchanges and ensure that they're running fractional reserves can be a positive regulation. It's all about the regulation - you can't put all regulations under the same umbrella and say whether it's good or bad.
Activity: 243
Merit: 10
in some cases it is a good thing because the investors or people who have thought it is an illegal currency to be used may be convinced and have more confidence to invest on it which would make more liquidity in market and more volume in general.
Pages:
Jump to: