Pages:
Author

Topic: GoxLoop™ discussion / speculation - page 4. (Read 7150 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 251
Giga
December 06, 2013, 03:30:49 PM
So, a massive GoxLoop is going on.

What is GoxLoop?
Gox rewinds the orderbook periodically (6 times as of now) during a massive sell event, and replays the trades that happened in the duration of one loop. Any orders placed during the GoxLoop cannot be cancelled. Any orders placed during the GoxLoop will most likely go through after Gox decides to end the GoxLoop.

ITT: Theories, speculations, as to motivations for GoxLoop.

My theories:

- Massive market sell triggered GoxLoop so Gox can sell elsewhere while the price is still high
- Gox lets the loop run for as long as it takes them to move BTC elsewhere (be it another exchange, or w/e) for their profit.

Legal complications?

Please also discuss whether or not this is legal, and if Gox operators could suffer legal consequences, even though this market is unregulated. Would it be legal in the EU/US to do this?

[/quoout

Def something is up, I was looking at the chart and knew something wasn't right. This could be goxloop playing out

Bitcoin is unregulated so def legal at this point of time
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Bitcoin - love & hate
December 06, 2013, 03:30:03 PM
I think if they acted at least negligently which caused the price to go down artificially they'd be subject to a lawsuit, wouldn't they?  This is just speculation.

It's sucks either way.
I expected the price to drop much more.

This looks like currency control... not good for bitcoin. Exchanges can easily manipulate the market with rollback loops.
Activity: 330
Merit: 250
December 06, 2013, 03:27:48 PM
Big dump scares the crap out of more sellers. Now more poop.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Carpe Diem
December 06, 2013, 03:26:55 PM
I think if they acted at least negligently which caused the price to go down artificially they'd be subject to a lawsuit, wouldn't they?  This is just speculation.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
December 06, 2013, 03:25:27 PM
They should have faced some jail already. They are so incompetent it's illegal.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
December 06, 2013, 03:20:30 PM
So, a massive GoxLoop is going on.

What is GoxLoop?
Gox rewinds the orderbook periodically (6 times as of now) during a massive sell event, and replays the trades that happened in the duration of one loop. Any orders placed during the GoxLoop cannot be cancelled. Any orders placed during the GoxLoop will most likely go through after Gox decides to end the GoxLoop.

ITT: Theories, speculations, as to motivations for GoxLoop.

My theories:

- Massive market sell triggered GoxLoop so Gox can sell elsewhere while the price is still high
- Gox lets the loop run for as long as it takes them to move BTC elsewhere (be it another exchange, or w/e) for their profit.

Legal complications?

Please also discuss whether or not this is legal, and if Gox operators could suffer legal consequences, even though this market is unregulated. Would it be legal in the EU/US to do this?

Pages:
Jump to: