Pages:
Author

Topic: [GP] GoldPieces - An expandable digital currency for online multiplayer gaming - page 2. (Read 131263 times)

Activity: 677
Merit: 500
Join us on discord for rain and giveaways, recent news, game updates and more: https://discord.gg/cw5sf2t

We will be having a good sized giveaway to celebrate 300+ members.
Activity: 369
Merit: 101
There's a new staking bot on discord if anyone would rather stake with us instead of on gp-dice or solo

https://discord.gg/cw5sf2t
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/gp/ Block Explorer is now up to date and we will also be listed on Altmarkets.io very soon! More updates to come Smiley

Its been a while since I last checked in to see what's going on here and now I see that there will be another exchange listing for GP soon. That's great as it can attract more people into GP by having the coin listed on a number of exchanges. I'm happy to see the explorer up to date, keep up the good work inkha!

Yeah! We're listed on AltMarkets.io now as well. Lots more work going on for us! Buyer/Vender market place, MMORPG, Minecraft with integrated currency, stay tuned!

Awesome!

I am now in the Discord, I thought I had already joined but when I checked I wasn't so now I'm there. I really like the idea of the market place and from what I understand from your comment in the Discord it will have retro games which is something that I'm a huge fan of and this could really bring in a lot of retro gamers into GP.

Yes the marketplace is going to be setup so users can have their own shops, there will be escrow and feedback function to help keep scammers in check. This way if someone was into retro gaming they could host a store and offer retro systems, games, etc for people to buy. Another shop may offer gaming related gift cards etc. It will make a great ecosystem addition! Smiley Our discord has become a bit more active lately too and i'm looking to do some promotions to grow our community.

Sounds good inkha.

Yes we need to keep scammers and I think having escrow and a feedback system is the best way to help prevent scammers from scamming people.Do you plan to just have GP as a way of payment or do will there be other cryptocurrencies as well like Bitcoin?

GP will be the form of payment yeah
Activity: 1862
Merit: 590
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/gp/ Block Explorer is now up to date and we will also be listed on Altmarkets.io very soon! More updates to come Smiley

Its been a while since I last checked in to see what's going on here and now I see that there will be another exchange listing for GP soon. That's great as it can attract more people into GP by having the coin listed on a number of exchanges. I'm happy to see the explorer up to date, keep up the good work inkha!

Yeah! We're listed on AltMarkets.io now as well. Lots more work going on for us! Buyer/Vender market place, MMORPG, Minecraft with integrated currency, stay tuned!

Awesome!

I am now in the Discord, I thought I had already joined but when I checked I wasn't so now I'm there. I really like the idea of the market place and from what I understand from your comment in the Discord it will have retro games which is something that I'm a huge fan of and this could really bring in a lot of retro gamers into GP.

Yes the marketplace is going to be setup so users can have their own shops, there will be escrow and feedback function to help keep scammers in check. This way if someone was into retro gaming they could host a store and offer retro systems, games, etc for people to buy. Another shop may offer gaming related gift cards etc. It will make a great ecosystem addition! Smiley Our discord has become a bit more active lately too and i'm looking to do some promotions to grow our community.

Sounds good inkha.

Yes we need to keep scammers and I think having escrow and a feedback system is the best way to help prevent scammers from scamming people.Do you plan to just have GP as a way of payment or do will there be other cryptocurrencies as well like Bitcoin?

Awesome!

Awesome!

http://goldpieces.foundation has been updated, we're adding network tools and a blog to the website as well. We're actively looking for any developers, artists, or writers interested in joining the foundation.
Main thread has been updated to reflect current coins in circulation and fix a broken image.

Cheers guys,
Inkha
I'm really looking forward to this game once it is launched. Like I have said before in this thread, the gaming industry is a billion dollar industry and crypto has a big shot at making it big in the gaming industry and I really do hope that GP will be one of them coins that succeeds in this industry. We start small and build from there and we never know what can happen.

For sure, and once we have a growing community and a larger market cap that will provide more capital for us to develop or even obtain existing web or mobile games. We're moving in the right direction!
I'm really looking forward to this game once it is launched. Like I have said before in this thread, the gaming industry is a billion dollar industry and crypto has a big shot at making it big in the gaming industry and I really do hope that GP will be one of them coins that succeeds in this industry. We start small and build from there and we never know what can happen.
Yeah the market cap is low and there is a fairly small amount of coins compared to other coins. There's 4.1m coins in circulation right now, and 800k~ minted per year via staking roughly. The javascript game is reaching mid development level with the foundation built such as the mapping system, and networking. We have another project in the works to integrate GP into a private runescape classic server. Those are the two gaming projects we're currently most focused on. In the MMORPG we're building from the ground up GP will be the actual in-game currency. In the runescape private server we're figuring out how to integrate it right now but have the server all setup and running fully working. We're thinking of having an exchange where you exchange GP for the in-game currency coins used in the game. That exchange would be on our private servers website where players could buy and sell and they would be immediately deposited into or removed from their character in game! Thanks for your interest, join us in discord if you use it! Smiley

I'll join the Discord server but TBH I don't follow them so much. I love the idea of the RS server and the game with it as the game's currency (it's something I've wanted to see for years). Does this mean mobs will also drop GP and such? And on RS, what happens with the GP people trade for their gold? If you want, we can discuss it privately as well. A lot of questions and possible input as this is stuff I've thought about since 2013, I'm just not a game developer so haven't been able to bring things to fruition.

The plan is to remove the ability to pickup coins/sell items for coins in shops, so the in game currency doesn't deflate to much. But earning coins from skilling up and making weapons and selling items p2p is still possible for sure. Plus player killing in the wilderness for loot. Lots of ways to earn coins by playing Smiley You're welcome to message me on discord any ideas, we have the server up and running now the website's exchange to trade coins for gp just isn't done yet. Look forward to hearing from you!
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007
Yeah the market cap is low and there is a fairly small amount of coins compared to other coins. There's 4.1m coins in circulation right now, and 800k~ minted per year via staking roughly. The javascript game is reaching mid development level with the foundation built such as the mapping system, and networking. We have another project in the works to integrate GP into a private runescape classic server. Those are the two gaming projects we're currently most focused on. In the MMORPG we're building from the ground up GP will be the actual in-game currency. In the runescape private server we're figuring out how to integrate it right now but have the server all setup and running fully working. We're thinking of having an exchange where you exchange GP for the in-game currency coins used in the game. That exchange would be on our private servers website where players could buy and sell and they would be immediately deposited into or removed from their character in game! Thanks for your interest, join us in discord if you use it! Smiley

I'll join the Discord server but TBH I don't follow them so much. I love the idea of the RS server and the game with it as the game's currency (it's something I've wanted to see for years). Does this mean mobs will also drop GP and such? And on RS, what happens with the GP people trade for their gold? If you want, we can discuss it privately as well. A lot of questions and possible input as this is stuff I've thought about since 2013, I'm just not a game developer so haven't been able to bring things to fruition.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007
Hey guys the new foundation website is coming along nicely! Expect a release this week.

Our game development is chugging along since the release of the dice game a couple months ago. We have finished the mapping system and real-time networking of our browser-based mmorpg. The website with more information is being put together by another developer working with me now.

Hope everyone is doing well!

I can't wait to see it. Is there any information on exactly how the GP are going to be tied into the MMORPG, though? I saw the market cap for the coin is low at the moment but it's hard to make a solid decision on buying in without knowing more regarding its actual usability and growth potential.
Don't forget to join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/q2BajFB
And come play dice or invest at http://gp-dice.com Smiley

Inkha
Hey guys the new foundation website is coming along nicely! Expect a release this week.

Our game development is chugging along since the release of the dice game a couple months ago. We have finished the mapping system and real-time networking of our browser-based mmorpg. The website with more information is being put together by another developer working with me now.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Only the original version was because the library we were using was scrapped and we were forced to move over to Phaser, the RPG is still about 4 months from being playable though.

That's good to hear mate, this is one thing I am looking forward to seeing once it is ready to launch.

In the meantime its a great time to be staking GP and earning them stakes ready for when the RPG game is ready as then we can use the rewards we earn now to buy things in game. 
Pages:
Jump to: