Pages:
Author

Topic: GPU mining coming to an end? - page 2. (Read 1333 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 0
June 14, 2018, 12:51:19 PM
That is not true as GPU mining is still viable the only problem ia that the prices of minable coins and tokens is very low and with the ever rising difficulty and high electricity depending on your country its really hard to make profits or get back their ROI for some miners. Still mining is is still profitable and will be profitable specially with crypto prices monns.
Activity: 266
Merit: 50
June 14, 2018, 11:37:23 AM
don't panic with this current situations, already 2,5 year I do in mining and every month or year always there is have been surprising such as fork of the coin, issue a new hardware or price of the coin.
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
June 14, 2018, 10:18:26 AM
I hope it isnt. And will not in near future.

I invested too much money, time and nerves in GPU mining in 2017-18, so i dont want even think about it..

Honestly i will be happy just to return my investments. Not talking about some profit.
Activity: 266
Merit: 50
June 14, 2018, 09:14:29 AM
yeah, the mining rig will die.

but I still mine using a mining rig although a little bit profitable, most importantly still be able to pay for electricity costs and save a bit of money to buy new GPU again  Roll Eyes.
Activity: 13
June 14, 2018, 07:18:01 AM
read post of 2013-2015 years. same whining about gpu death, asics everywhere, no profit.
Activity: 44
Merit: 2
June 14, 2018, 07:08:01 AM
First, small scale GPU miners could easily survive as long as they build rigs geared towards efficiency.

I'd say the aim for the small GPU miner should be agility. Be able to adjust configs and swap algos to quickly adapt to new opportunities.

Leave efficiency to the giant farms that worry about their 0.001%.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 105
June 14, 2018, 06:47:47 AM
Every time when new ASICs for popular GPU algorithms come on to the markets - new ASIC resistant algos appear.
So I think GPU mining will die only if crypto will die...
Activity: 42
June 14, 2018, 06:09:18 AM
If I got 10$ for every time GPU mining was declared dead I would be rich only based on that.

The field is ever changing, but GPU mining is going nowhere. For at least 2-3 years its going to be present and profitable for sure. Everything else being told id pure FUD.

Listern to the expert HAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry i mean jester

Yea we should listen to the idiot who buys ASICs to lose money with them while making Bitmain rich. Can't get any dumber then that. Before I listen to you about anything let me know so I can lobotomize myself with a rock first. Then maybe.

Btw you are a sad excuse for a human if you had to stalk me around. That means I really pushed the right buttons Smiley. A friendly advice. Stop making a fool out of yourself.

Hey pussy did you know listen I have 56 GPU too.. your thick as shit mate.

Really? Personal threats via PM?

Mate you such a mouthy little cunt.  sat begind your keyboard being a hard man. its pathetic, your a fucking little weak pathetic fool with VERY limited IQ as you dont understand things properly.

Comon if you wan tto mouth me off lets talk then lets meet and we will see how HARD you are then you fucking faggot.

So comon then KEYBOARD WARRIOR WHAT HAVE YOU GOT ?? nothing part froma  a big mouth little dick and a weak personality.. NOW FUCK OFF before I do find you for real

Thank you for confirming you are really not worthy of attention. Btw you have been reported to forum admins, because personal threats are something I don't tolerate Wink
For everyone else, you can actually see the level on which this guy operates. Sad world.

I got what I need from you bro,, ,see you soon Smiley
Activity: 308
Merit: 4
June 14, 2018, 06:08:03 AM
If I got 10$ for every time GPU mining was declared dead I would be rich only based on that.

The field is ever changing, but GPU mining is going nowhere. For at least 2-3 years its going to be present and profitable for sure. Everything else being told id pure FUD.

Listern to the expert HAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry i mean jester

Yea we should listen to the idiot who buys ASICs to lose money with them while making Bitmain rich. Can't get any dumber then that. Before I listen to you about anything let me know so I can lobotomize myself with a rock first. Then maybe.

Btw you are a sad excuse for a human if you had to stalk me around. That means I really pushed the right buttons Smiley. A friendly advice. Stop making a fool out of yourself.

Hey pussy did you know listen I have 56 GPU too.. your thick as shit mate.

Really? Personal threats via PM?

Mate you such a mouthy little cunt.  sat begind your keyboard being a hard man. its pathetic, your a fucking little weak pathetic fool with VERY limited IQ as you dont understand things properly.

Comon if you wan tto mouth me off lets talk then lets meet and we will see how HARD you are then you fucking faggot.

So comon then KEYBOARD WARRIOR WHAT HAVE YOU GOT ?? nothing part froma  a big mouth little dick and a weak personality.. NOW FUCK OFF before I do find you for real

Thank you for confirming you are really not worthy of attention. Btw you have been reported to forum admins, because personal threats are something I don't tolerate Wink
For everyone else, you can actually see the level on which this guy operates. Sad world.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
CoinPoker.com
June 14, 2018, 05:48:40 AM
I've been around since 2013 and this is not the first time that mining became unprofitable.

What happened last year was different because it was just a pullback on ETH while GPU hashrate kept increasing.

What is happening this year is very similiar to beginning of 2014.

Basically BTC price is tanking... price of the mineable alt is tanking even faster ... there are ASICs in the wild.

I remember a R9 280X made like $10/per gpu/per day one month .... $5/per gpu/ per day the month after ... $2.50 ... $ 1 ... $0.50 ... $0.25

So basically in 6 months it went from $10 per day to $0.25/day. Most ended up just Craiglisting the GPUs or just eBaying them.
Activity: 357
Merit: 26
June 14, 2018, 05:04:14 AM
Well, at least it's been more than 48 hours since the last thread on this.

Maybe mining is doomed, like the human condition itself, but I ain't switching off yet. If you want to, please do, drop the difficulty a little.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 622
Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.
June 14, 2018, 04:33:55 AM
This is just the same what happened in the past years ago they said that mining is dead, but after few months the mining profitability increase x3 and I think it also depends on your ways how you make a profit with the mined coins you must know when you should sell them all. To me, I collected all mined coins and save and withdraw some for an electricity bill, unlike other miners they sold all of their mined coins that is why they are not making any profit. So if you are miner you must know when you sell all of your mined coins so that you can make a good profit.
June 14, 2018, 04:25:57 AM

Activity: 42
June 14, 2018, 04:06:14 AM

June 14, 2018, 03:40:57 AM

Activity: 182
Merit: 11
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 14, 2018, 02:49:54 AM
Small scale GPU miners are the most affected here specially for those who live or mining in a country with high electricity cost

Many block-chain will become POS or Masternode. At the end, Bitcoin will become the only mineable crypto.

I have 2 problems with your 2 statements.

First, small scale GPU miners could easily survive as long as they build rigs geared towards efficiency. Large farms need to pay overhead for warehouse fee, taxes, maintenance, and all that while a simple GPU home miner can maintain his rigs thru teamviewer, all for free.

It is hard to imagine that bitcoin will be the only mineable crypto, or even the last mineable crypto. There is no basis for your claim while on the other hand mining bitcoin is already less profitable comparing the most efficient bitcoin miner with the most efficient altcoin miner (regardless whether GPU, ASIC, FPGA).
Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community
June 14, 2018, 02:40:32 AM
For a small scale with very low electricity rates, it wont die

look around, sprouting pow coins everywhere

it has been foretold, but unprecedented turn of events happen

as always in Crypto world

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
June 13, 2018, 11:42:55 PM
Mining sucks for everyone,  Even asics.

Asics have it worst if your electricity rate is above 10 cents.

Exactly this.  The people complaining about GPU mining dying seem to think that ASIC owners are making money hand over fist!  I think the S9 is pulling in about $5 a day before electricity!  As for FPGAs, those are $3000 each, I'm sure the people mining on those have their cheeks stretched just as far right now.  Only people making real money are the market manipulators.  I'm considering selling all of my equipment and putting it into Bitcoin right now.  I have no doubt in my mind that it will be over $10k by the time nvidia comes out with the new cards.  Then I can cash out, rinse and repeat.
Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
June 13, 2018, 11:37:11 PM
Small scale GPU miners are the most affected here specially for those who live or mining in a country with high electricity cost

Medium scale GPU miners are next to be affected if this bloodbath does not stop.

Many block-chain will become POS or Masternode. At the end, Bitcoin will become the only mineable crypto.

Is there more than one masternode/pos coin in the top 50?  Dash is the only one I think.  Yes someday Ethereum will go POS but you already knew that when you got in the game.  The only coins going POS/Masternodes are complete shitcoins.
Activity: 294
Merit: 125
June 13, 2018, 10:36:17 PM

Medium scale GPU miners are next to be affected if this bloodbath does not stop.

Pages:
Jump to: