Pages:
Author

Topic: GPU mining will die in 2018! - page 17. (Read 16860 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 10
March 30, 2018, 01:04:06 PM
I guess now unbelievers are now kind agreeing with me about gpu mining will die in 2018, more and more action of asic companies and idiots which were buying rx 580 for $1000 resulted in what we see now, greedy bastards.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
March 30, 2018, 12:29:23 PM
Small time players with one or two rigs and full price for electricity are being pushed out. Only big farms with negotiated (lower) power cost will prevail. People with weaker cards (580@570, 1050 and 1060) will shut down first.

#Preach. True.
Activity: 312
Merit: 104
March 30, 2018, 12:12:21 PM
Small time players with one or two rigs and full price for electricity are being pushed out. Only big farms with negotiated (lower) power cost will prevail. People with weaker cards (580@570, 1050 and 1060) will shut down first.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
March 30, 2018, 12:00:56 PM
I think GPU minin will never die there are so many Coins with a ASIC resistence code and if it is not there come other coins that are worth to mine with GPU.
Activity: 182
March 30, 2018, 11:13:18 AM
too early for GPUs to die. not this year. Dont forget that GPUs have more than one predestination unlike asics. Thats why people still prefer them
March 30, 2018, 10:55:32 AM
I think I am late to the mining World but, is it still possible to still set-up a rig and still make profit?

Sure it is. But the ROI is much much longer.

Years depending on the electric cost. At this current prices if you want to be in the market I would use that fiat to buy crypto at the next technical support level and hold.

If you pay more than US0.10Kwh I would stay way from mining. Also if you consider this fact that PROBABLY ETH will go POS this year, what will be left to mine? Way more Risky altcoins, that you should probably mine and exchange them for more secure coins. If you start now, you will at least get  fair value price GPUS.

Activity: 308
Merit: 4
March 30, 2018, 10:22:45 AM
I think I am late to the mining World but, is it still possible to still set-up a rig and still make profit?

Sure it is. But the ROI is much much longer.
Activity: 17
March 30, 2018, 10:15:26 AM
Activity: 672
Merit: 154
Blockchain Evangelist.
March 30, 2018, 09:16:51 AM
I sold some ETH at 490$, that time, I just planned to grab some 2nd hand GPUs as I saw a lot of people started to sell their rigs.
But it seems like it's better if I wait to buy back ETH at lower price, at this 300$ it means I get profit already with 60%.
Activity: 112
March 30, 2018, 01:20:26 AM
This is not a financial advice but when you're riding your Lambo... Remember me.

hehe, yeah this is one opportunity that people will regret not taking in few months, this is not stocks or anything that can be explained, in a month altcoins lost 500% in value, eth hit almost $1400 and now is $380, that is almost 400% and some alts lost 1000%, that is a lot of money, nothing really happened to bitcoin, from $17k to $7k, 60% crash is nothing really if you consider eth which is top 2 and had almost 80% crash.

My calculation is different, for example eth hit almost $1400 and now is $380 which 380 x 3.7 = $1406, which means eth lost 3.7 times its value whereas btc lost a lot less, btc right now is $6800 and hit almost $20k so meaning, 20000 / 6800 = 2.9 times lost since its highest all time value.

I'm such a coward. I will die poor. My only hope is that price goes to 100 and mining difficulty drops to a point I can mine 1eth a day Grin

Difficulty will not drop ever. But net hashrate will. And if ya will be more stubborn then others ya can mine a bit more. Not 1 ETH a day of course but up to 10-20% may be.
Now the levels of zero profitability in current prices and cheap  electricity are coming. As I said earler it is near $300 per ETH.
Activity: 112
March 30, 2018, 01:15:10 AM
Is not only eth, everything is crashing and looking at the graph, this has been a huge manipulation, the date it started coincides to the same day the pump on 2013 started, so is the same people, dumping everything and then will buy it cheaper and pump again in few days. If you have eth do not sell it cause these manipulators will start pumping all very soon.

Anyone selling ETH right now is a fucking idiot.  Just saying.  ETH is soooooo low.  Keep those buy orders staggered on the down turn.  It's not rocket science.

You are a rocket man as Donald said, I see Smiley
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
March 29, 2018, 11:13:51 PM
from $0.50 in november to $17, that is almost 34 times. I would stay away from that.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
March 29, 2018, 10:58:03 PM
ICO's dumping hundreds of ETH daily from crowd sales. ICO's don't care what price they sell because as it is the price has already gone done daily and they just want to cash in before the regulation ends their scam.

It could be that, I mean ICO's since day one I treated them as a huge scam and in the end they were really just a huge scam. I never invested on it cause I knew what would happen but dragging eth and all altcoins with it, is sick.

I blame asics cause that created another speculation of prices to crash, so bears have a reason to crash the market and then become bulls and drive the market up again, is always like that. All started when asics of sia and dcr were released.

618K ETH sold just by EOS 8 days ago.

https://sanbase-low.santiment.net/projects

+ about 300K more this month by other ICO's.

https://sanbase-low.santiment.net/projects
Activity: 846
Merit: 115
March 29, 2018, 10:44:44 PM
This is not a financial advice but when you're riding your Lambo... Remember me.

hehe, yeah this is one opportunity that people will regret not taking in few months, this is not stocks or anything that can be explained, in a month altcoins lost 500% in value, eth hit almost $1400 and now is $380, that is almost 400% and some alts lost 1000%, that is a lot of money, nothing really happened to bitcoin, from $17k to $7k, 60% crash is nothing really if you consider eth which is top 2 and had almost 80% crash.

My calculation is different, for example eth hit almost $1400 and now is $380 which 380 x 3.7 = $1406, which means eth lost 3.7 times its value whereas btc lost a lot less, btc right now is $6800 and hit almost $20k so meaning, 20000 / 6800 = 2.9 times lost since its highest all time value.

I'm such a coward. I will die poor. My only hope is that price goes to 100 and mining difficulty drops to a point I can mine 1eth a day Grin

See that's where your thinking is wrong. Price will drop but eth difficulty will rise even after major drops.  If we were in a bull run eth difficulty would rise exponentially. Since we are in a bear trend it has risen a lot still but more linear upwards.

Yes you will be poor of you don't trade and only mine. Gota trade a little also. Just trade on those extreme oversold and overbought conditions
Xtreme Monster
March 29, 2018, 10:32:56 PM
ICO's dumping hundreds of ETH daily from crowd sales. ICO's don't care what price they sell because as it is the price has already gone done daily and they just want to cash in before the regulation ends their scam.

It could be that, I mean ICO's since day one I treated them as a huge scam and in the end they were really just a huge scam. I never invested on it cause I knew what would happen but dragging eth and all altcoins with it, is sick.

I blame asics cause that created another speculation of prices to crash, so bears have a reason to crash the market and then become bulls and drive the market up again, is always like that. All started when asics of sia and dcr were released.

March 29, 2018, 10:29:28 PM

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
March 29, 2018, 10:26:59 PM
Is not only eth, everything is crashing and looking at the graph, this has been a huge manipulation, the date it started coincides to the same day the pump on 2013 started, so is the same people, dumping everything and then will buy it cheaper and pump again in few days. If you have eth do not sell it cause these manipulators will start pumping all very soon.

Anyone selling ETH right now is a fucking idiot.  Just saying.  ETH is soooooo low.  Keep those buy orders staggered on the down turn.  It's not rocket science.

Miners selling ETH to pay their bills is nothing in comparsion to all the ICO's dumping hundreds of ETH daily from crowd sales. ICO's don't care what price they sell because as it is the price has already gone done daily and they just want to cash in before the coming regulation ends their scam.
Xtreme Monster
March 29, 2018, 10:18:06 PM

March 29, 2018, 09:41:52 PM

gotta sell some to pay billa bruh, ill keep some tho

Mortgage your house and go all in bruh! Opportunity of a lifetime!!! It's so cheap right now Warren buffet Is looking into it, Benjamin Graham will rise from the grave go all in on Beeeeet Coin.

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
March 29, 2018, 09:18:21 PM

gotta sell some to pay billa bruh, ill keep some tho
Pages:
Jump to: