Pages:
Author

Topic: GPU mining will die in 2018! - page 14. (Read 16858 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 611
April 02, 2018, 07:51:22 PM
... GPU mining  is already not profitable  at all.  May be it's not such a good point to sell it as it  was 2-3 monthes ago. But buing new gpu or asic according current prices is totally insane.

already or maybe temporarily.... additionally the prices of used GPUs (younger than 6 months) are dorpping every week so in a few weeks i could be absolutly not insane ;-)
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1403
April 02, 2018, 07:36:55 PM
GPU mining is unlikely to die, because every day there is a bunch of shit coins with the same masternodes which we can mine the day 2-3-4 and selling them to the stock exchange have not a bad income, 2-3 times higher than the mine eth for example;)

There was a similiar situation back in 2014.

Basically LTC and Doge became so unprofitable that people just instamined new coins and then 24-48 hours later they were usually added to some exchange and you could dump them and generally make 2-3x the profits.

However later on the traders got smarter and no longer bought those coins because they never reached any potential.

And the same situation will happen right now.

This is not ideal because one day the coins will stop to launch in this pace
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
April 02, 2018, 07:27:39 PM
GPU mining is unlikely to die, because every day there is a bunch of shit coins with the same masternodes which we can mine the day 2-3-4 and selling them to the stock exchange have not a bad income, 2-3 times higher than the mine eth for example;)

There was a similiar situation back in 2014.

Basically LTC and Doge became so unprofitable that people just instamined new coins and then 24-48 hours later they were usually added to some exchange and you could dump them and generally make 2-3x the profits.

However later on the traders got smarter and no longer bought those coins because they never reached any potential.

And the same situation will happen right now.
Activity: 349
Merit: 184
April 02, 2018, 06:48:55 PM
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
April 02, 2018, 05:45:35 PM
I see day by day, ASICS of many coins are launching, individually or multiple. Chinese companies are trying to kill the GPU mining market once again cause they are greedy, just like they did to Bitcoin and Litecoin. GPU Mining died in 2013 and was resurrected in 2015 with the Cryptocoins Generation 2.0, although many of you miners just started mining on 2016 due to huge pumps on those 2.0 cryptocoins.

As Cryptocoins got more popular than in 2011 - 2013. The new generation of Cryptocoins 2015 and afterwards are endangered by ASICS once again, and 2018 looks to be the year of per the title "GPU mining will die in 2018!".

Keep in mind that there are possible ASICS for ethash already for Q1, and even if ETH goes POS, ETC and other ethash coins will be only ASICS and if that happens only Equihash coins will be minable for a time and I have a word that there is already an ASIC in development for Equihash already and will start delivering in Q4 2018. As GPU mining keep gets scarce, other popular coins will have pumps and so ASICS will be born for them.

I want to know your thoughts about it and I wonder the limits of --> "where, there is money to be made, there is greedy"

Keep in mind that this price crashing we are seeing is due also to the fear of ASICS for most GPU mining coins.

You've got the right point there and I'm looking forward to sell my GPU's as soon as possible due to that. Once Ethash & Equihash ASIC miners get released, we'll see a heck load of GPU's coming out on sale at literally half of price, so it's better to sell out now.

The GPU mining can't be just vanished though, there'll always remain a few coins that can be mined through GPU's but their profitability? I think it'll be much lesser.

Ethhash ASICs are not proved  yet. But GPU mining  is already not profitable  at all.  May be it's not such a good point to sell it as it  was 2-3 monthes ago. But buing new gpu or asic according current prices is totally insane.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
April 02, 2018, 05:38:29 PM
I see day by day, ASICS of many coins are launching, individually or multiple. Chinese companies are trying to kill the GPU mining market once again cause they are greedy, just like they did to Bitcoin and Litecoin. GPU Mining died in 2013 and was resurrected in 2015 with the Cryptocoins Generation 2.0, although many of you miners just started mining on 2016 due to huge pumps on those 2.0 cryptocoins.

As Cryptocoins got more popular than in 2011 - 2013. The new generation of Cryptocoins 2015 and afterwards are endangered by ASICS once again, and 2018 looks to be the year of per the title "GPU mining will die in 2018!".

Keep in mind that there are possible ASICS for ethash already for Q1, and even if ETH goes POS, ETC and other ethash coins will be only ASICS and if that happens only Equihash coins will be minable for a time and I have a word that there is already an ASIC in development for Equihash already and will start delivering in Q4 2018. As GPU mining keep gets scarce, other popular coins will have pumps and so ASICS will be born for them.

I want to know your thoughts about it and I wonder the limits of --> "where, there is money to be made, there is greedy"

Keep in mind that this price crashing we are seeing is due also to the fear of ASICS for most GPU mining coins.

You've got the right point there and I'm looking forward to sell my GPU's as soon as possible due to that. Once Ethash & Equihash ASIC miners get released, we'll see a heck load of GPU's coming out on sale at literally half of price, so it's better to sell out now.

The GPU mining can't be just vanished though, there'll always remain a few coins that can be mined through GPU's but their profitability? I think it'll be much lesser.
Activity: 112
April 02, 2018, 05:31:03 PM
That consumes more time  and brain now, aye.
Mpaзи eбaнyтыe c cвoим aye yжe и дo биткoинтoлкa дoбpaлиcь.
 Бpыcь нa нapы

Aye pyлит фopeвa. They said.
Activity: 182
Merit: 11
April 02, 2018, 07:52:11 AM
 Бpыcь нa нapы

Maшкa, чeм pyгaтьcя лyчшe бы язык пoдyчилa.
Activity: 376
Merit: 103
April 02, 2018, 07:44:10 AM
 Бpыcь нa нapы
Activity: 182
Merit: 11
April 02, 2018, 06:50:46 AM
I am a Venezuelan, and I will tell you a little about petro.
Petro will not be a minable currency. The government will mine them, without minable code, second. The petro may not be redeemable anywhere. And finally ... 20 petros are worth $ 1000, so it's just a mature way to avoid trump blocking
If you think you're going to mine petro, you live in a fairy world

Then what's the difference between Petro and any paper money that is printed by whatever government? Zero. Blockchain features are just blahblahblah.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
April 02, 2018, 03:09:52 AM
ASICs can and will play huge roles for some coins on some algos
but this is the question for cryptocommunity and market as well anif they are ok with asics domination
cause some are not and the developers can change the code and make the fork which renders asics obsolete
but some developers ( dash, ltc) are ok with asics..
I think there shoud be some algo for GPU, some for CPU, some for ASICs, that would be fair..
Activity: 644
Merit: 24
April 01, 2018, 11:17:37 PM
    I hope not, because after all the world of mining is very exciting.
    And in my opinion, did not die in 2018, but it's getting harder to mine it. That needs better settings and configurations, and what coins we will mine.  Grin

OH HAHAHAHA  Grin
Activity: 201
Merit: 10
April 01, 2018, 11:03:29 PM
    I hope not, because after all the world of mining is very exciting.
    And in my opinion, did not die in 2018, but it's getting harder to mine it. That needs better settings and configurations, and what coins we will mine.  Grin
Activity: 75
April 01, 2018, 09:02:45 PM
Now for the mistaken ones please listen:

Go re-read my original post quoted up there.

I said a generator on PETROL.  Generators run on fuel, not crypto.

Y'all can get pretty crazy sometimes..... lol

I owe you an apology bro, I did not read you very well because I am a beginner in English

no apology needed...  i'm not offended at all, just surprised at how far of a tangent this went on; so thought i would point it out Wink

Ok, maybe you can help me and guide me in this altcoin mining, what are you currently mining and what are the reasons for it?...
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1166
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
April 01, 2018, 08:51:34 PM

I owe you an apology bro, I did not read you very well because I am a beginner in English

no apology needed...  i'm not offended at all, just surprised at how far of a tangent this went on; so thought i would point it out Wink
April 01, 2018, 08:49:28 PM

legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1166
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
April 01, 2018, 08:43:49 PM

April 01, 2018, 08:40:24 PM
I think I am late to the mining World but, is it still possible to still set-up a rig and still make profit?

Sure it is. But the ROI is much much longer.

Actually  ya don't understand what are you talking about.  Right now we can see levels of zero profitability for those guys who already have the farms and whose electricity is very  chip.

Maybe if you're trying to mine with older gpu's.  I don't mine with anything older than a 1070ti.  Those are still profitable even at today's coin prices.  I wouldn't buy any more of them even at msrp, but I'm not ready to sell them yet either.

May be. Let's  estimate. 1070 and 1070ti are  the  best ones now.
They ' ll give  you $0.5 profit per day on $0.06 kwt/h electricity from wall according what to  mine coins.
That's it. It is a profit still i agree. But zero profitability is very near.

Ya can argue that there are some shitcoins with better perfomance. This hour or yesterday. May be. But it is not mining.

you crazy..... I earn over $1/day on a 1070 on a long standing algo..... 
You must also take into account others' mining strategies may not be the same inside the box thinking that you are using.

if you can max out a 10KwH generator on petrol;  you can definitely be profitable.     Food for thought.

Damn but Petrol feels so politically wrong for me tho... like I'm Helping Maduro's Regime... It's politics don't even pay attention to what I just said.

I am a Venezuelan, and I will tell you a little about petro.
Petro will not be a minable currency. The government will mine them, without minable code, second. The petro may not be redeemable anywhere. And finally ... 20 petros are worth $ 1000, so it's just a mature way to avoid trump blocking
If you think you're going to mine petro, you live in a fairy world
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
April 01, 2018, 08:27:15 PM
Well nicehash is nice because it pays in BTC. But it is all supply and demand there. And getting money out to trade costs. But they now have free coinbase transfer, and then move from coinbase to exchange as coinbase doesn't scam you on transfers. (just buying lol).

If you feel BTC will be higher than the current price now, then keep mining for them.

You can also mine an alt and hold for some time (years) as it will be worth more.

At your hash rate, I wouldn't mine for them 24/7. Nicehash pays well at times, and sometimes very low.

Today I saw a bunch of people dump their mining rigs on ebay. Even brand new cards are getting cheaper. Give it a little time, cards will be really cheap.
Activity: 22
April 01, 2018, 05:53:15 PM

DO YOU ACTUALLY OWN A MINER OR JUST DO SOME RESEARCH AND SHED YOUR OWN KNOWLEDGE ( NOT EXPERIENCE) ?

YOU ARE MINING COIN ( it is up or down), ROI MUCH DEPENDS ON HOW YOU ARE GONNA DO WITH THOSE COINS ( DONT LOOK AT THE USD).

IF YOU DONT BELIEVE, DO NOT MINE.
[/quote]

I don't believe ya. Course you could not say  even  where will be price of your coin tomorrow.
The only fair ROI estimate - is take current prices and imagine you sold all what mined today, decreased income by electricity costs and put remain in the box. From that box you will repay your capital investment. That's right. 60 MONTHES from now. It's a fair ROI NOW that helps you make the right  choice.
That's it dude. Other will lead you to the poverty Cheesy
[/quote]

I do have a day job that paid bills and mortgage. Some spare cash does nothing in my bank account so I put it in Robinhood to trade stocks.

Started investing in Crypto-mining Nov-2017 ( before GPUs crisis). I was able to grab 12 + 6 +5 +3 GTX 1060 6gb ( from Microcenter) at MSRP price + 3 GTX 1080  + 8 RX 580 8gb and 4gb... During Christmas, Nicehash miner showed an estimated income of $3000 and this estimation keeps dropping ever since. GPU price shy rocketing even when we mined fewer coins.

Should I sell it? NO. NOT YET.
Will BTC goes to zero? YES.

=> WORST SCENARIO: I SELL ALL MY GPUs 50% off on Ebay.
=> I DON'T CARE, I DON'T LOOK AT IT. LEARN HOW TO MAINTAIN THE RIGs, LINUX ( HIVEOS)... JUST KEEP ON MINING AND KEEP THE COINS SOON AS THE ELECTRIC BILLS PAID, MY HOUSE IS NOT BURNT DOWN.

Bottom line, controversial is good but shredding Negativity isn't cool.

Pages:
Jump to: