Pages:
Author

Topic: Gradate but still an illiterate? - page 3. (Read 677 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1049
November 12, 2017, 09:41:08 PM
Does achieving a degree means that you have become a civilized and educated human being? I don't think so. Getting knowledge won't make you an educated person. The most common example of illiteracy by educated people is when there is littering iin educational institutes and illiterate people are hired to clean the mess. cramming your course books won't bring wisdom, it will only bring knowledge without enlightenment.

I agree with you that it won't but, you can't define all degree holders like that. Does your "bolded" statement pointed generally to all person who have degrees? That's a big NO. There are persons who do that and there is who doesn't. It all comes from the nature of a person if he/she will act as an educated.  As for me, having a degree just add upon your knowledge on what you're specializing and that's it.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
November 12, 2017, 08:46:19 PM
It does not mean you are a man who has only a title suffix title you, you are a blind hurup if you can not keep your surroundings around you, littering, making troublemakers and so forth
Activity: 266
Merit: 12
November 12, 2017, 07:40:37 PM
Does achieving a degree means that you have become a civilized and educated human being? I don't think so. Getting knowledge won't make you an educated person. The most common example of illiteracy by educated people is when there is littering iin educational institutes and illiterate people are hired to clean the mess. cramming your course books won't bring wisdom, it will only bring knowledge without enlightenment.
I agree to that. Many are educated but few are mannered. Many educated people has PhD or higher than that but their values towards environment, the way they see others are lower people, the way they treat the poor is remarkably unacceptable. I don't see education can really make us literate in all aspects. We maybe educated mentally but not morally, spiritually and emotionally.
Activity: 560
Merit: 252
November 12, 2017, 01:20:41 AM
The goal: to produce interchangeable drones! The worst is if they were trained in ciritical thinking, they would realize the goal of their "education". Like roman racing horses... After the finish line is the butchers...

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
November 11, 2017, 08:09:00 PM

Look in the mirror. You could have a ph.d.(tbh i doubt that very much) and still be the same 3rd world idiot.

I.e. egypt college graduates have an avg iq of around 90.
Activity: 49
Merit: 1
November 11, 2017, 01:08:00 PM
Pages:
Jump to: