Pages:
Author

Topic: Greeks are rushing to Bitcoin - page 2. (Read 3360 times)

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★
July 01, 2015, 09:29:50 PM
Here is a little more coverage from cnbc, there is a 350% raise on signups coming from greece so investors in greece are looking at bitcoin, http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000393297

CNBC seems to be bullish on Bitcoin. There are multiple articles connecting the crisis in Greek and its impact on Bitcoin.
Such coverage seems refreshing and is a change from the ponzi / drug-related articles.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
July 01, 2015, 09:07:15 PM
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
July 01, 2015, 07:00:20 PM
I would say some greeks are rushing to bitcoin not as a country.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Thug for life!
July 01, 2015, 06:58:45 PM
Here is a little more coverage from cnbc, there is a 350% raise on signups coming from greece so investors in greece are looking at bitcoin, http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000393297
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
July 01, 2015, 03:25:53 PM
The media portraying that Greeks are rushing to Bitcoin is an utter lie. They are just trying to create fake news which however, is giving a slight boost to bitcoin. However, people actually believing that Greece will adopt bitcoin is so stupid. They would never do that, why will they adopt a currency which will increase much more than its current price?

Yeah, why would you do that? why not just adopt a currency that keeps hyperinflating until it's worth shit nothing? Oh wait, that's what people has been doing, and look what they got in return.

Anyway, it's good to see CNN covering stuff like that in a positive note.

If CNN covered bitcoin more often, i`d say we would have more users.

I know a friend of mine came to me the other day mentioning about it after he read some old cnn article in 2014 when was doing outsource work for some writing gig he had.
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
July 01, 2015, 02:26:38 PM
The media portraying that Greeks are rushing to Bitcoin is an utter lie. They are just trying to create fake news which however, is giving a slight boost to bitcoin. However, people actually believing that Greece will adopt bitcoin is so stupid. They would never do that, why will they adopt a currency which will increase much more than its current price?

Yeah, why would you do that? why not just adopt a currency that keeps hyperinflating until it's worth shit nothing? Oh wait, that's what people has been doing, and look what they got in return.

Anyway, it's good to see CNN covering stuff like that in a positive note.
Activity: 826
July 01, 2015, 02:18:37 PM

Everything usually seems to be more hype then it really is, imo.

All news outlets are like this, its why I can usually stay on cnn or other new places too long so I go on reddit more for valid responses to validate their stories.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
July 01, 2015, 12:44:07 PM
legendary
Activity: 1456
July 01, 2015, 12:03:49 PM
Greek people are poor as fuck, right? So their 60 dollar isn't helping.
I have reason to believe that Philipvdlinde is pumping Bitcoin, just like he did in 2013.
How did you come up with that? Greeks poor? How would you describe Romanians or Bulgarians?

Romanians and Bulgarians are bums and gipsy's, lol.

Just know that those countries maybe be bums, but when theres a similar financial situation like greece, they too will need bitcoin.

So more reason to hold for future financial mess in the future for all world banks who decide to profit.
Activity: 994
July 01, 2015, 11:50:24 AM
I don't believe that the Greeks would rush to bitcoin, it is not a profitable venture for them according to their euro affair. They have been trying to fix their situation with debts, something in which the price of euro played a significant part. The price of euro is higher than how Greece needs it to be, pushing them in debt. Investing in a currency which will multiply by 50 times right after they adopt it itself, would doom the nation before it could save it.
copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 575
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
July 01, 2015, 05:08:33 AM
Can't imagine Greeks abandoning the Euro just yet. A year or so ago it was conventional wisdom that the Euro was dead and that most of the EU would revert to its own currencies. And that hasn't happened yet.

Anyone predicting that any one country will go to a different currency needs to think through the logistics that are involved: re-printing the paper currency, re-minting the coins. Then deciding what the exchange rate will be. Then making sure that the replacement currency is in place. Not as easy as it sounds.
legendary
Activity: 840
July 01, 2015, 04:59:55 AM
Greek people are poor as fuck, right? So their 60 dollar isn't helping.
I have reason to believe that Philipvdlinde is pumping Bitcoin, just like he did in 2013.
How did you come up with that? Greeks poor? How would you describe Romanians or Bulgarians?

Romanians and Bulgarians are bums and gipsy's, lol.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
July 01, 2015, 04:55:46 AM
percentage data is easy to reverie, 79% or 40% can be from 1 to 79 or 40, I would like to know how much is the number exactly
Activity: 700
July 01, 2015, 03:18:34 AM
With bank doors slammed shut, frantic Greeks are turning to online trading platforms to see if the digital money Bitcoin is a better bet than the euro.

The world's largest Bitcoin exchanges tell CNNMoney they've seen a surge of business from Greece.

Ten times as many Greeks are registering to trade bitcoins on the German marketplace Bitcoin.de than usual, according to CEO Oliver Flaskaemper. Bitcoin trades from Greece have shot up 79% from their ten-week average on Bitstamp, the world's third-largest exchange. Even trading platforms in China are getting interest. LakeBTC, headquartered in Shanghai, is seeing a 40% increase in visitors using computers in Greece.

[...]

http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/29/technology/greece-bitcoin/index.html

Taking advantage of a change in economic situations is a great way to increase Bitcoin adoption.
In the future when the currency stabalizes if the infrastructure for Bitcoin investments appears and remains constant in Greece it could keep and retain its adoption, what I would like to see now is for more services to set shop in Greece to trade Euros for Bitcoins and shops and merchants being targeted to increase adoption in the long term.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
July 01, 2015, 03:18:07 AM
even if Greece is not affecting bitcoin the markets that are being affected might have an effect on Bitcoin.

they are affecting it along with the litecoin halving, but not directly, basically it is once again a hype thing, many know that with greece exit the price will rise(pure speculation) therefore they start to buy

then other will follow, it's all about following the hype, there aren't really any tangible effects from the Grexit
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
bitcoin supporter
June 30, 2015, 11:33:08 PM
news reporter said they're not tech savvy nation. how many bitcoin atms there?
even their national bitcoin exchange sites looks sleepy.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
June 30, 2015, 06:50:27 PM
I believe capital controls forbids sending money outside of the country. If it's still possible today, it won't be possible tomorrow. Greek banks just have no other choice if they want to open again next week.
legendary
Activity: 1456
June 30, 2015, 03:04:29 PM
This is another related topic: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11750150
You can have a look! I think guys here just randomly post new threads without checking the existing ones!

well despite if the guy is starting new threads or not, greeces problem is a on-going problem with eu.

so we can be sure that a whole country needs to move their money which should influx more price increase if western union keeps closing doors for a week.
Activity: 532
June 30, 2015, 02:31:04 PM
even if Greece is not affecting bitcoin the markets that are being affected might have an effect on Bitcoin.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
June 30, 2015, 01:41:00 PM
If Satoshi Nakamoto is still around and found, Greece will make him the head of their financial sectors, they would be thankful for him for his excellent invention of this digital currency technology which ultimately became quick resolution for their current financial crisis.
Pages:
Jump to: