Pages:
Author

Topic: Greeks are rushing to Bitcoin - page 3. (Read 3360 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
June 30, 2015, 01:20:06 PM
I am glad the greeks have realised the true power of decentralised currency snd are benefiting themselves by buying bitcoin. This boost of sudden purchases of bitcoin clearly portraits how a crypto currency is much more better and useful than fiat currency.
legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
June 30, 2015, 07:52:16 AM
Greek people are poor as fuck, right? So their 60 dollar isn't helping.
I have reason to believe that Philipvdlinde is pumping Bitcoin, just like he did in 2013.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
June 30, 2015, 07:49:16 AM
Today i see bitcoin price experienced significant increase from $255 to $265. Maybe it's caused by people who rushing to bitcoin because Greece bankrupt. This problem also make gold price increase. Let's see Greece Referendum result.

Some of the users are hoarding Bitcoin, expecting a NO vote in the Greek referendum. Imagine what will happen, if some last minute deal is reached between the troika and the Greeks, and the referendum is cancelled. If that doesn’t happen, then a surprise YES vote in the referendum is also a huge possibility.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
June 30, 2015, 05:22:08 AM
Today i see bitcoin price experienced significant increase from $255 to $265. Maybe it's caused by people who rushing to bitcoin because Greece bankrupt. This problem also make gold price increase. Let's see Greece Referendum result.

That would be my guess too.
With Greece bankrupt Euro will take a big hit.
It's price already started dropping.

And it's also hard to believe that Greeks who are limited to €60 per day will rush to buy Bitcoins.
Maybe some of them, which are the ones that had inside info and withdrew before the announcement.

Where did you see that they are limited? Source? That would really suck, and it explains a whole lot.

If they do not already have Bitcoins, this limit would not help them at all. If they bought Bitcoins before the limit, they would not be that restricted.

I wonder how many vendors/merchants accept Bitcoin in Greece? It will not help them, if they have Bitcoin and they cannot buy anything with it. Eg.. local Food

It's a damn shame, what is happening to those people. I have many friends there, and they are suffering because their government made the wrong decisions.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
June 30, 2015, 04:52:51 AM

That would be my guess too.
With Greece bankrupt Euro will take a big hit.
It's price already started dropping.

And it's also hard to believe that Greeks who are limited to €60 per day will rush to buy Bitcoins.
Maybe some of them, which are the ones that had inside info and withdrew before the announcement.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
June 30, 2015, 04:36:07 AM
Activity: 266
June 30, 2015, 04:28:12 AM
It seems the new spring of Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
June 30, 2015, 04:07:27 AM
Would they wander off to LTC as well?  Grin

uhhh LTC? what is LTC? ahh, I know, dead project from some chinese guy without community..Smiley)

it has a good name, you can't deny that, the name is very important in everything, it's a strong name, that it is immediately recognizable

also they still see it a the bitcoin little brother, don't except litecoin to die so easily, and because many like alternative, litecoin will remain alive for a long time

Would they wander off to LTC as well?  Grin

i think this bitcoin pump, is because of the ltc pump too, and not only for the grexit

and the lct pump is because of the pumping, i don't believe there is any connection with the grexit, they only started to rise it with the grexit to increase the hype...

good strategy i would say...
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
June 30, 2015, 03:56:37 AM
uhhh LTC? what is LTC? ahh, I know, dead project from some chinese guy without community..Smiley)

LTC is quite popular in Russia and China. And as long as BTC-e includes them in their UI, there will be some value for the Litecoin. That said, right now you can't do anything with the LTC. All the sites, which were accepting LTC earlier have either closed down (Atlantis) or shifted to other currencies such as the Bitcoin.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
June 30, 2015, 03:53:28 AM

Some ppl are buying up this crappcoin!

Yep, I agree that this is a psychological move.  If people in Greece were really buying bitcoins en mass then I believe we would see a much sharper increase in price.
I don't think they have the money to buy now! And it seems ppl from other regions are not buying up as well.
Activity: 322
June 30, 2015, 03:50:13 AM
I think it is hard to tell if the Greek people are buying coins or not.  But the media is making stories about bitcoins, so either way it is getting some good exposure as a legitimate storage of assets, instead of a way to buy illegal things.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010
Ad maiora!
June 30, 2015, 03:48:09 AM
Greeks invented democracy
A centralized idea of governmental ethics
They also invented homos

Activity: 308
June 30, 2015, 03:32:14 AM
This isn't the Greek people running to bitcoins.  The data shows that the increase of purchases in euros is about the same as it was last month.  BTC was bouncing off of the 220's and 30's for a little while, and the upward momentum seemed stronger than the downward momentum.  I think that the Greece thing might have been a catalyst to bring in some investors, but I don't think the Greek people are doing it.  We (people in general) don't tend to fix things until they are already broken.  Almost no one would have had the foresight to buy bitcoins, and even if they did they would have done it weeks ago, not now when all of the banks are closed.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice
June 30, 2015, 03:17:29 AM
Greeks are not rushing to Bitcoin.

Even a 10x increase in Google searches in Greece amounts to just about nothing.

The people that were smart and withdrew their Euros before recently will only be able to buy Bitcoin from LocalBitcoins. (The capital controls/bank closings ensure this.) Yeah, Coinbase exists in Greece...but good luck using it with the capital controls.

Unless they need to get money out of the country, there is little value in buying Bitcoin for the average Greek. They are still holding Euros, which unlike the situation in Argentina, still have value outside of the country.

The psychology of all of this is what's driving the recent slight price increase. At the end of the day, psychology is what moves markets.

Yep, I agree that this is a psychological move.  If people in Greece were really buying bitcoins en mass then I believe we would see a much sharper increase in price.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
/dev/null
June 30, 2015, 03:00:15 AM
Would they wander off to LTC as well?  ;D

uhhh LTC? what is LTC? ahh, I know, dead project from some chinese guy without community..:))
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
June 30, 2015, 02:58:09 AM
It will have a impact... News will spread via the grapevine and emails and direct links to Bitcoin information. You cannot just go on Google statistics alone.

It is our responsibility to welcome them, and to assist with information to secure their coins. The more people doing this, would help to strengthen the whole community.

I will start with a list of bad Bitcoin sites ---> http://www.badbitcoin.org/index.htm  {Press Ctrl + F and search for a site on the Badlist}
Activity: 392
June 30, 2015, 02:38:23 AM
This is BS. People should buy BTC cause they like it and believe in this tech, not cause their country s being hit by the crisis caused by the same government they ve elected.
Even though the rise in the price might not be due to Greece buying but it certainly has speculations and is causing an upward trend on the price.

Business in Greece is working like everyday, many tourists and they pay by credit card or by cash  Wink In fact - by cash - as banks are closed now  Grin BTC is not so easy to implement in crowd tourist places  Wink
Rather in Crowded places btc seems to work well , as its much faster than by paying by cash or cards. If everyone in Greece right now was using Bitcoins, Tourists wouldn't have to run around looking for banks to convert to EURO from their own country currency, they could just pay with bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
June 30, 2015, 02:37:27 AM
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
June 30, 2015, 02:31:08 AM
Business in Greece is working like everyday, many tourists and they pay by credit card or by cash  Wink In fact - by cash - as banks are closed now  Grin BTC is not so easy to implement in crowded tourist places  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
June 30, 2015, 02:00:11 AM
This is BS. People should buy BTC cause they like it and believe in this tech, not cause their country s being hit by the crisis caused by the same government they ve elected.
Pages:
Jump to: