Pages:
Author

Topic: GreenAddress: open source multisig wallet service - page 6. (Read 28195 times)

Activity: 569
Merit: 500
It would be great if there were an option  in the settings  for default transaction fee.
Because now it is very annoying that i have to set it always to 0.1
Until 20th Feb  , the fee was the usual  0.1  but now it is 0.16621    (for me)
it is 66 % increase   , why?    if i make 10 transactions daily , my monthly fee will be $12 , is this normal ?

lol

Amount
    1,900.00 mBTC

Fee
    0.42434 mBTC

it is time to fill the Fee field by yourself with the default 0.1 mBTC  or you will have to pay more and more fees if you allow greenaddress to set your transaction fees
(It took 5 minutes for the first confirmation  with 0.1 mBTC fee , so i cant understand why greenaddress want me (and others) to pay 4 times more than the earlier fee)
 Until 20th Feb  , the fee was the usual  0.1  but now it is 0.16621    (for me)
it is 66 % increase   , why?    if i make 10 transactions daily , my monthly fee will be $12 , is this normal ?

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
That Darn Cat
Cool concept.  I think I will give this one a go.  Smiley
Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
"You need to wait for previous transactions to get at least 1 confirmations"

Why is this limitation if i want to start another transaction/sending ?

If you send/receive a transaction and somehow, it was dropped from the Blockchain. Then, the transaction you send will be like invalid because the TX hash of your input(s) will be invalid as the TX isn't existing in Blockchain. I hope you understand. Smiley

P.S. AFAIK all wallets have this restriction/limitation.

-MZ
"You need to wait for previous transactions to get at least 1 confirmations"

Why is this limitation if i want to start another transaction/sending ?
legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010
Activity: 192
are you using the chrome app?

I think trezor supports only one seed but you could use different pass phrases for the same seed
legendary
When is this done? Do I create a standard GreenAddress wallet, and then pair it in the settings or something?

Any GreenAddress wallet is automatically paired with GreenAddress in multisig.

What I'm trying to say is that if you want to use your Trezor seed instead of a new set of mnemonics you can by clicking a button during onboarding/signup/registration.

See http://i.imgur.com/V3sgwMO.png

That just takes me to the "Use TREZOR to create a GreenAddress wallet" screen that I've already been at, which doesn't work after setting it up.

Are you saying that GreenAddress includes additional functionality that isn't present in myTrezor, or that something is missing from GreenAddress that is in myTrezor?

Both. GreenAddress includes additional functionality not present in myTrezor (multisig, per transaction 2FA, limits, etc) and that it does not share the same wallet structure as myTrezor.

That is to say that if you use the same seed on both services you won't be seeing the same transactions or funds. I usually advice people to use different seeds for different services (it helps with your privacy at the very least)

Okay, this isn't a primary concern, but, is there a way to have both, while using the same Trezor device? (in other words, have a Trezor account representing one seed that is used with myTrezor, and another, empty account on myTrezor that is used as the seed for GreenAddress?
When is this done? Do I create a standard GreenAddress wallet, and then pair it in the settings or something?

Any GreenAddress wallet is automatically paired with GreenAddress in multisig.

What I'm trying to say is that if you want to use your Trezor seed instead of a new set of mnemonics you can by clicking a button during onboarding/signup/registration.

See http://i.imgur.com/V3sgwMO.png

Are you saying that GreenAddress includes additional functionality that isn't present in myTrezor, or that something is missing from GreenAddress that is in myTrezor?

Both. GreenAddress includes additional functionality not present in myTrezor (multisig, per transaction 2FA, limits, etc) and that it does not share the same wallet structure as myTrezor.

That is to say that if you use the same seed on both services you won't be seeing the same transactions or funds. I usually advice people to use different seeds for different services (it helps with your privacy at the very least)
legendary
You didn't pair your Trezor, I think you just created a new GreenAddress wallet.

GreenAddress is a multisig oracle and all wallets you can create with it are either 2of2 or 2of3 (subwallets)

The pairing requires some better instructions.

Creating it on the front end isn't clear at all.

Anyhow, when creating a new account you can choose if you want to generate a new set of mnemonics (what I think you did) or if you want to use the seed already on your harware wallet (there's a button inside the mnemonic box to do that)

I have not seen this option. Can you provide a screenshot of this screen?

Please note that you can't use your trezor with GreenAddress as a direct 1to1 replacement of myTrezor as we do not support the same wallet format (BIP44) and addresses generated by GreenAddress/GreenBits are multisignature.

You didn't pair your Trezor, I think you just created a new GreenAddress wallet.

GreenAddress is a multisig oracle and all wallets you can create with it are either 2of2 or 2of3 (subwallets)

The pairing requires some better instructions.

Anyhow, when creating a new account you can choose if you want to generate a new set of mnemonics (what I think you did) or if you want to use the seed already on your harware wallet (there's a button inside the mnemonic box to do that)

Once that is done you can use the Trezor with GreenBits.

Please note that you can't use your trezor with GreenAddress as a direct 1to1 replacement of myTrezor as we do not support the same wallet format (BIP44) and addresses generated by GreenAddress/GreenBits are multisignature.
legendary
Ok, now we've got a problem. The process of creating a wallet on the Desktop app along with a Trezor is *very* confusing. While I'm knowledgeable about bitcoin wallets, I'm completely new to how the Trezor is supposed to work with GreenAddress, so I must not be following the steps properly. I thought that this feature was another way to use my already existing Trezor account from within GreenAddress. Instead, this seems to be some sort of feature to store an existing GreenAddress account on a Trezor? Or what? I obviously am not doing this correctly at all!

What happened the first time was that I didn't copy down the mnemonic when creating the account with it on GreenAddress, because I thought that the Trezor would be acting in this capacity, in other words, I thought that GreenAddress would be reading in the Trezor account that I already have stored on the Trezor.

The on screen instructions were confusing. The instructions asked me to check whether my passphrase was saved and secured, but *no* passphrase was shown for me to write down! This, again, had me assuming that the Trezor would be handling this. So, I just checked the box and moved on to the next step.

You might ask, Why didn't I scan the QR code? I obviously didn't think that I needed to. Usability advice for you guys: Please display the passphrase in plaintext for the user to write down right then and there (if that is the case when using the Trezor), or at least make it explicit to users that they need to scan the QR Code representing the passphrase. Users just aren't going to understand that the QR Code *is* the passphrase (the "Show QR Code" button should actually *explicitly* say "Show QR Code containing passphrase" so that the user understands this).

Anyway, now I don't have my passphrase that I created when I first linked it to my Trezor, and now I can't log in to GreenAddress with my Trezor, nor can I create a new GreenAddress wallet that seems to be associated with my Trezor in any way. Maybe not having the first passphrase has nothing to do with this, and it's something else going on, but here's what's happening:

When I click the "Trezor login" button, I then press the right button on the Trezor to confirm, then I enter my Trezor key into GreenAddress by clicking on the question marks, and then I get either "An error occurred that forced us to log you out". or "Login failed, account not found. Please create a new account with your Trezor."

When I do try to create a new wallet in GreenAddress with the Trezor attached, I *can* later paste in the passphrase from subsequent QR codes that GreenAddress creates and log in, no problem, but that works whether or not the Trezor is attached, so that just seems like a regular GreenAddress wallet, and nothing to do with the Trezor.
legendary
did you first initialize the Trezor with GreenAddress on the desktop app?

It should notify you if it hasn't been paired yet but that could be why it doesn't work.

Nope, I didn't realize that that was a necessary step, but, like you said, it didn't notify me of this, either, so it should! Smiley I'll try initializing it.
did you first initialize the Trezor with GreenAddress on the desktop app?

It should notify you if it hasn't been paired yet but that could be why it doesn't work.
legendary
GreenBits

GreenAddress and its team are happy to announce the availability of GreenBits in the Android Play and Fdroid open source stores.

• Hardware wallet support: Ledger’s Nano and Satoshilabs’ TREZOR (and clones)

I'm testing the Android app on an Azpen A729 tablet (Android version 4.4.2). The Trezor is detected and GreenBits loads, saying onscreen "Please follow the instructions on your Trezor", but the Trezor just remains on the My Trezor "lock" screen and doesn't do anything.
staff
Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203
I support freedom of choice
GreenBits

GreenAddress and its team are happy to announce the availability of GreenBits in the Android Play and Fdroid open source stores.

A new, open source, snappy Android Bitcoin Wallet combining the improved security provided by multisignature and hardware wallets to enhance both security and user experience.

Based on BitcoinJ, the app supports all hardware wallets currently available including the Ledger Nano and HW.1 as well as Satoshilabs’ TREZOR and clones such as BWALLET.

The app supports the following functionality:
  • Hardware wallet support: Ledger’s Nano and Satoshilabs’ TREZOR (and clones)
  • Payment protocol aka BIP70 via clickable links, QrCode or NFC
  • HD/BIP32: deterministic and doesn’t reuse Bitcoin addresses
  • 4 or more digits PIN (with server assisted strong 256 bit AES random key) to protect against brute force attacks while providing a smooth user experience
  • 2of2 and 2of3 sub accounts to separate funds
  • Instant confirmation with supported parties, ideal for recipient double spend protection
  • All bitcoin denominations (BTC, mBTC, uBTC _and_ Bits)
  • Spending Limits in BTC or fiat terms
  • 4 different kinds of 2FA authentication (SMS, Email, OTP and robot call)
  • Sweeping paper wallets
  • The large majority of price sources in various currencies
  • Early support for Proton, Ledger’s NFC Bitcoin Wallet prototype

The app is available for both MainNet and TestNet, some functionality currently requires use of the  GreenAddress desktop app to be used (for instance enabling/disabling 2FA, Limits, initializing hardware wallets, etc).

Some have asked why we have a new app and what will happen to the old Android app we have.

While the old app provided a great amount of functionality we came to the conclusion that having a native Android app provides a better user experience and generally faster payments.

We will keep both for the time being as GreenBits becomes more robust and supports all features GreenAddress has.

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
is there a problem with greenaddress, cannot send BTC

Request time out ( vault/prepare_tx )

I got same problem like this
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Barzoks, could you contact support at [email protected] ?

meanwhile we'll investigate with what we have

thanks

Done sir
email sent
Barzoks, could you contact support at [email protected] ?

meanwhile we'll investigate with what we have

thanks
Pages:
Jump to: