Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 145. (Read 597425 times)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Thanks, Benhur.
I used the following cgminer.conf for 7970 and got 230KHPS.
I was using "gpu-threads" : "1", after changing to 2, the performance improved from 110KHPS.
But no matter what I do next, it is capped at 240KHPS. I can not increase the intensity either as the HW error increase dramatically if I change it to 14 or 15.

What is your Scrypt Sleep level?

{
"pools" : [
   {
      "url" : "http://127.0.0.1:9332",
      "user" : "john",
      "pass" : "1"
   }
]
"intensity" : "13",
"vectors" : "1",
"worksize" : "256",
"kernel" : "scrypt",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"thread-concurrency" : "8192",
"shaders" : "2048",
"gpu-engine" : "1100",
"gpu-fan" : "30-55",
"gpu-memclock" : "1500",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0",
"gpu-powertune" : "0",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "100",
"temp-overheat" : "100",
"temp-target" : "65",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "120",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "1",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"hotplug" : "5",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scantime" : "7",
"scrypt" : true,
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"
}

I have 2 r9 280X and 1 7950
I use external cgminer,and it always works fine about three months.

After update the wallet software yesterday,the speed is just like before.
Here is my cgminer.conf,r9 280x got 700~720kh/s,7950 got 520kh/s:

{
   {
      "url" : "127.0.0.1:9332",
      "user" : "benhur",
   }
]
"intensity" : "13,13,13",
"vectors" : "1,1,1",
"worksize" : "256,256,256",
"kernel" : "scrypt,scrypt,scrypt",
"lookup-gap" : "2,2,2",
"thread-concurrency" : "8192,8192,8192",
"shaders" : "2048,2048,2048",
"gpu-engine" : "0-1050,0-1050,0-960",
"gpu-fan" : "30-55,30-55,30-55",
"gpu-memclock" : "1500,1500,1250",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0,0,0",
"gpu-powertune" : "0,0,0",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000,0.000,0.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "95,100,100",
"temp-overheat" : "95,100,100",
"temp-target" : "60,60,60",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
}

Activity: 69
Merit: 10
I have 2 r9 280X and 1 7950
I use external cgminer,and it always works fine about three months.

After update the wallet software yesterday,the speed is just like before.
Here is my cgminer.conf,r9 280x got 700~720kh/s,7950 got 520kh/s:

{
   {
      "url" : "127.0.0.1:9332",
      "user" : "benhur",
   }
]
"intensity" : "13,13,13",
"vectors" : "1,1,1",
"worksize" : "256,256,256",
"kernel" : "scrypt,scrypt,scrypt",
"lookup-gap" : "2,2,2",
"thread-concurrency" : "8192,8192,8192",
"shaders" : "2048,2048,2048",
"gpu-engine" : "0-1050,0-1050,0-960",
"gpu-fan" : "30-55,30-55,30-55",
"gpu-memclock" : "1500,1500,1250",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0,0,0",
"gpu-powertune" : "0,0,0",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000,0.000,0.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "95,100,100",
"temp-overheat" : "95,100,100",
"temp-target" : "60,60,60",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
}
I am using a 7970. Don't think there is anything wrong for my GPU. It used to pump out 570KHPS even on Friday without a  problem and I was not pushing its limit.

I think this has to do with Scrypt Sleep. Because whether the status goes to Sleep on my mining console, my GPU is disabled automatically.
Are you sure Scrypt Sleep is not working yet? Is there a way to turn it off in gridcoin.conf file?

My leaderboard position is lagging. Now at ~108. This is partly due to my changing the wallet to get around the crashing issue. I used to be at ~35 leaderboard position before.

I am going to leave it running for a few days and see if it improves assuming some of GPU will be used for BOINC credits too.

what kind of gpu do you have and wahy are your setting? I can mine fine with mine with no decrease in hash speed so it is definitely something on your end.

When I use an external cgminer, I only got ~105KHPS.
I thought Scrypt Sleep is already required.
I was getting 570KHPS earlier on Friday. Ever since I re-sync on Gridcoin with a loss of 7K GRCs, I started getting 105KHPS.
So I suspect this must be something related with Gridcoin client monitoring the GPU usage and reduce it accordingly due to BOINC credits.
Other than that, I can not think of any other reasons.

Scrypt sleep is not functional @ the moment. Try an external gui-miner and see what kind of speed you get.

I am using the embedded cgminer downloaded along with the Gridcoin client. I used to get 570KHPS. Now it is 90KHPS.
My daily credit is about ~1600 these days. Not that high. My Scrypt sleep level is at only 69% currently.

Are you mining with with guiminer external to Gridcoin, or internal miner?

BenHur and Traderman, thanks for the reply and help.

Yes, I tried rebuilding the blockchain after blowing away the Roaming directory, reinstalling the client etc. but it did not help.

I went all the way back to early march and found one wallet which can be recognized by the client without the "salvage failed" error.

However, after syncing up, it did not retrieve all the coins I had from Friday. There is a difference of 7K coins lost.

I suspect that I was in a hard fork somewhere and kept mining without realizing the fork. I just don't understand why the 7K coins were accepted by the network just fine. Yet when I sync again, it just disappeared.

Now I started mining again but found out that my hash rate dropped to ~100KH. Many times the miner is disabled automatically.
I suspect that this is caused by the Scrypt-Sleep algorithm but am not sure.
My Leaderboard Posistion is ~100. 100KH is just too slow and I don't know how many days will it take to solve a block.

Can you guys comment on the new Hash rate? Should I accept this hash rate or there is something I need to tweak to improve it.

Try that, that should work!

It seems Rob has updated the gridcoin.us back to 2.1.0.7. I downloaded it and was able to sync.

However, I kept getting "wallet.dat corrupt, salvage failed" errors.

I tried all my backup wallets and all with the same error.

Also tried "gridcoin_qt -salvagewallet -rescan -reindex" with no luck.

Anybody has better idea on how to recover the wallet.

I was running 2.1.0.4 earlier. Could that be a problem?

Does anybody have the 2.1.0.4 version so that I could try whether I can recover the wallet?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried to rebulit the bolck chain?
You can delete the files in "C:\Users\your PC user name\AppData\Roaming\Gridcoin" ,only  leave gridcoin.conf  and wallet.dat.Then run the wallet software  Run as Administrator,the wallet software will restat and update.WHen the update done,it will download the blocks chain.

Hope it works. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
what kind of gpu do you have and what are your settings? I can mine fine with mine with no decrease in hash speed so it is definitely something on your end.

I was getting 570KHPS earlier on Friday. Ever since I re-sync on Gridcoin with a loss of 7K GRCs, I started getting 105KHPS.
So I suspect this must be something related with Gridcoin client monitoring the GPU usage and reduce it accordingly due to BOINC credits.

Scrypt sleep is not functional @ the moment. Try an external gui-miner and see what kind of speed you get.

I am using the embedded cgminer downloaded along with the Gridcoin client. I used to get 570KHPS. Now it is 90KHPS.
My daily credit is about ~1600 these days. Not that high. My Scrypt sleep level is at only 69% currently.

Yes, I tried rebuilding the blockchain after blowing away the Roaming directory, reinstalling the client etc. but it did not help.

I went all the way back to early march and found one wallet which can be recognized by the client without the "salvage failed" error.

However, after syncing up, it did not retrieve all the coins I had from Friday. There is a difference of 7K coins lost.

I suspect that I was in a hard fork somewhere and kept mining without realizing the fork. I just don't understand why the 7K coins were accepted by the network just fine. Yet when I sync again, it just disappeared.

Now I started mining again but found out that my hash rate dropped to ~100KH. Many times the miner is disabled automatically.
My Leaderboard Posistion is ~100. 100KH is just too slow and I don't know how many days will it take to solve a block.

Can you guys comment on the new Hash rate? Should I accept this hash rate or there is something I need to tweak to improve it.

It seems Rob has updated the gridcoin.us back to 2.1.0.7. I downloaded it and was able to sync.

Does anybody have the 2.1.0.4 version so that I could try whether I can recover the wallet?

You can delete the files in "C:\Users\your PC user name\AppData\Roaming\Gridcoin" ,only  leave gridcoin.conf  and wallet.dat.Then run the wallet software  Run as Administrator,the wallet software will restat and update.WHen the update done,it will download the blocks chain.

Hope it works. Smiley

You can delete the files in "C:\Users\your PC user name\AppData\Roaming\Gridcoin" ,only  leave gridcoin.conf  and wallet.dat.Then run the wallet software  Run as Administrator,the wallet software will restat and update.WHen the update done,it will download the blocks chain.

Hope it works. Smiley
Activity: 462
Merit: 253
Hi,

try upgrading from the console. That'll get you to the latest version.

Andrew.

Well that was simpler than I thought Cheesy
Fixed, thanks!
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
The testnet folder is no longer on the mirror; so it should not be possible.

Verified.  Upgrade works again.

Fixed by erasing all GRC files except gridcoin.conf and wallet.dat then reinstalling wallet from the official site's .msi (v.2.1.0.0 - someone mentionned using 2.1.0.7, but I can't seem to find it). However, the blockchain download progress has been stuck at 0% with message "synchronizing with network" for about 6 hours now, even though I added all nodes and I have 74 active connections. Anyone else has had and fixed this problem?

Hi,

try upgrading from the console. That'll get you to the latest version.

Andrew.

Fixed by erasing all GRC files except gridcoin.conf and wallet.dat then reinstalling wallet from the official site's .msi (v.2.1.0.0 - someone mentionned using 2.1.0.7, but I can't seem to find it). However, the blockchain download progress has been stuck at 0% with message "synchronizing with network" for about 6 hours now, even though I added all nodes and I have 74 active connections. Anyone else has had and fixed this problem?
legendary

Hope it works. Smiley

Hope it works. Smiley
legendary

Hope it works. Smiley

Hope it works. Smiley
legendary

Hope it works. Smiley
Activity: 69
Merit: 10

Hope it works. Smiley

legendary
Hey Grid, what is the ETA on cpumining?

That might be caused by me being a noob, but I ran "c:\program files (x86)\gridcoin\grcrestarter.exe upgrade" and still had the same issue.
Thanks for your quick reply though.

Activity: 364
Merit: 252
That might be caused by me being a noob, but I ran "c:\program files (x86)\gridcoin\grcrestarter.exe upgrade" and still had the same issue.

Activity: 364
Merit: 252
My wallet is trying to upgrade itself, but it keeps failing at step "Upgrading file testnet", something to do with a webclient exception. Anyone knows if this can be fixed without redownloading the wallet and blockchain?
Thanks.
I see the problem; we just added autoupgrade to testnet, and the subdirectory caused a problem in prod.

I disabled autoupgrade in testnet until we can solve it for them using another method.

In the mean time, I fixed the problem in prod.

You can now 'upgrade' to bring your client back to where it was before the problem occurred.

If you have any trouble, do this:
c:\program files (x86)\gridcoin\grcrestarter.exe upgrade

Thanks.

Rob
Just came back to GRC after a week or so. Downloaded the latest client yesterday, 2.1.1.4. It immediately corrupted my wallet.

I tried to rebuild the block-chain, but I was never able to sync (no block source available) for a whole day.

I have been using the following addnode, anything I am missing here.

addnode=137.116.167.42
addnode=137.116.167.52
addnode=191.238.60.17
addnode=191.238.51.28
addnode=191.235.137.239
addnode=191.235.138.12
addnode=23.97.147.78
addnode=23.97.148.49
addnode=138.91.246.228
addnode=138.91.247.22
addnode=www.pgp.mx
Jump to: