Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 140. (Read 597425 times)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Hello! I'm C-CEX.com dev.
I'm here to wonder what new services GRC community may require?

that's also my doubt
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
I've converted one machine to run the new CPU miner and it seems to be working well after about 12 hours with little drama.

The upgrade crashed - not sure why, and it left a corrupted gridcoin-qt. No big deal as the MSI version (Plan B) installed without incident.

Some CPU mining payouts have trickled in. One seems buggy, with a message I have not seen before "Generated but not accepted". I'll try to shake it out Real Soon Now.

Fabulous dev work - well done! A lot could have gone wrong with a project that big.

I hope to set up another machine to CPU mine also in the next few hours.

Thanks, well I believe 90% of our problems have been due to the fork.  CryptoBlox is running 2.1.0.7 (he is in the process of upgrading it now- were exchanging Pms).  If you look at that info, youll see since block 120,000 diff has been dropping from 5 to .79 on that chain.  That causes huge problems for our nodes.

We're close to being on the same chain now as the last 40 people upgrade.

Rob
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
Finally! I'm just wondering, when will the official pool be available?
I really want to mine Gridcoin but it seems a little confusing, and I just wish it used an ASIC resistant algorithm such as Scrypt-N or X11
Check out our white paper:
http://www.gridcoin.us/docs/Gridcoin-white-paper.pdf

It is asic resistant.

If you plug the asic into your local machine and mine through the loopback with boinc running it should work, but otherwise it should stave off the asic-farms since they wont be able to fill out the getblocktemplate().  So no its not an ASIC proof algorithm, such as non-scrypt algos, but it is truly asic resistant.

Rob
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001
CryptoCurrency EXchange: https://c-cex.com
Hello! I'm C-CEX.com dev.
I'm here to wonder what new services GRC community may require?
legendary

Gridcoin wallet is fixed and open for deposits and withdrawals.

https://c-cex.com/?p=grc-btc
https://c-cex.com/?p=grc-usd
Activity: 296
Merit: 250
in the mining module i have
BoincMD5: MD5Error

how can i fix this thx
my boinc is in a non default location
it used to be recognised now my projects are not

settings in gridcoin.conf
boincappfolder=D:\Program Files (x86)\BOINC\
boincdatafolder=D:\Program Files (x86)\BOINC\Data\
Project1=108xxx
Project2=13xxx
Project3=494xxx
Project4=95xxx
Project5=101xxx

In a post above, s4mmy hints that the parameters for the app folder and data folder have changed, but I can't find any documentation of such a change yet.

Anyone?

Edit: changing "folder" to "dir" does seem to fix the problem though, as s4mmy suggests (boincappdir etc. replacing boincappfolder).

thanks a bunch didnt catch that detail worked great
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Yepp correct you can choose any name you want
Nice! Missed this one.

@zulzedd: do you know what the reason was? which action solved your problem?

Looks like after i updated BOINC manager datadir and appdir pathes changed, so i specified them in gridcoin.conf. Now my configuration file for wallet looks like this (Windows 7 x86):
Code:
server=1 
rpcuser=zulzedd
rpcpassword=my_pass
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=9332
poolmining=false
cpumining=true
[email protected]
suppressminingconsole=true
closeconhost=false
Project=489***
UpdatingLeaderboard=false
boincappdir=C:\Program Files\BOINC\
boincdatadir=C:\Users\All Users\BOINC\
Now i'm adding new projects and configuring pool mining.

THX
Activity: 406
Nice! Missed this one.

Looks like after i updated BOINC manager datadir and appdir pathes changed, so i specified them in gridcoin.conf. Now my configuration file for wallet looks like this (Windows 7 x86):
Code:
server=1 
rpcuser=zulzedd
rpcpassword=my_pass
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=9332
poolmining=false
cpumining=true
[email protected]
suppressminingconsole=true
closeconhost=false
Project=489***
UpdatingLeaderboard=false
boincappdir=C:\Program Files\BOINC\
boincdatadir=C:\Users\All Users\BOINC\
Now i'm adding new projects and configuring pool mining.
I don't think you need that anymore. Just the email to be specified in the gridcoin.conf

the last block message is not a real error it just indicates that you are currently not mining because there cant be two cpu blocks in a row, its by design
try listitem cpids instead of listitem cpuids
Yes, it's working correctly now. Thank you!

Hm... But i got now trouble with WCG project - i can't specify my wallet address as my profile name. It's not enough space in text field to paste GRC address. 4 last symbols are cut.

http://i.imgur.com/zxShyl4.png

legendary
Activity: 1260
I don't think you need that anymore. Just the email to be specified in the gridcoin.conf

the last block message is not a real error it just indicates that you are currently not mining because there cant be two cpu blocks in a row, its by design

Hm... But i got now trouble with WCG project - i can't specify my wallet address as my profile name. It's not enough space in text field to paste GRC address. 4 last symbols are cut.

legendary
Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013
Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

Project1=108xxx
Project2=13xxx
Project3=494xxx
Project4=95xxx
Project5=101xxx

In a post above, s4mmy hints that the parameters for the app folder and data folder have changed, but I can't find any documentation of such a change yet.

Anyone?

Edit: changing "folder" to "dir" does seem to fix the problem though, as s4mmy suggests (boincappdir etc. replacing boincappfolder).

Project1=108xxx
Project2=13xxx
Project3=494xxx
Project4=95xxx
Project5=101xxx

I had the same problem that listitem cpids showed only "command:cpids"

I have boincData folder in not default location so I had to set boincdatadir=.....

It seems that those parameters have changed a bit now. Hope this helps for those who have problems.
Thank you! I done this and now i got at least positive BOINC Magnitude, but listitem cpuids still shows me same and "PoB Mining Errors" : "Last block is a CPU block (sleeping)" . Here is screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/2b2Mpjo.png

Any thoughts?

I have boincData folder in not default location so I had to set boincdatadir=.....

It seems that those parameters have changed a bit now. Hope this helps for those who have problems.
Thank you! I done this and now i got at least positive BOINC Magnitude, but listitem cpuids still shows me same and "PoB Mining Errors" : "Last block is a CPU block (sleeping)" . Here is screenshot:

Any thoughts?
legendary

C-CEX merchant service is now live in beta!
You can sell goods and services for any coin we have on C-CEX.com exchange!
We invite You to test!

https://c-cex.com/?id=merch
Activity: 55

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002
I just added another one, I have World Community Grid and Rosetta@home and BOINC seems to be running fine, but I still get the same error Sad
legendary
Activity: 1260
I think you have to add more projects to Boinc because the amount of blocks that are dedicated to CPU mining are limited.

Can someone please help? I get this: "CPU projects are exhausted. Sleeping; BOINC Magnitude: 0.000"
Jump to: