Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 204. (Read 597425 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I'v asked this before but nobody answered  Undecided
There is no mandatory fee hardcoded in gridcoin wallet, so this can cause a microtransaction flood in the blockchain ?
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
It's the nature of digital currency, to prevent chargebacks. Once currency has left, it's gone for good. Did you send the coins to someone in your address book or mistype an address?

If you sent it to the wrong person, would they give it back?

this is important: i've send some of my coins to a wrong address: tell me there is a way to recover it!!  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Unfortunately, there's only one way that could happen: Track down the owner of the address (assuming it's a valid and owned address), beg them nicely to return your coins, and hope that they are honest enough to do it. Good luck!  Cry

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!  Cry

thanks anyways for the reply..
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
Everyone needs to vote for the new Logo!!!!!
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Just letting all you guys know.

We're currently doing a logo design contest for Gridcoin on 99Designs and we need all our community members to participate in rating the entries. Voting is easy and instructions and links to the polls are below:

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/3950-99designs-gridcoin-logo-competition-please-help-judge-4-days-left/

We would really appreciate it if all of you took the time to rate the entries so we can get a well-rounded decision for the finalists and the winner.

Thanks!
legendary
Unless the person you sent it to sends it back, you are out of luck.

this is important: i've send some of my coins to a wrong address: tell me there is a way to recover it!!  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

Unfortunately, there's only one way that could happen: Track down the owner of the address (assuming it's a valid and owned address), beg them nicely to return your coins, and hope that they are honest enough to do it. Good luck!  Cry

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!  Cry

thanks anyways for the reply..
Activity: 13
Merit: 0

Rob,

Do you purge the leaderbord in some way?

Reason I ask is that I still see my old address G7UD.. in the leaderbord, since it was encrypted I changed to a new address 6 days ago and since that time it has not been active anymore, all project are linked to the new address since the 24th.

Someone with a lot of credits can exploit that..
Activity: 9

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565
Activity: 38
Guys, I haven't been mining GRC and doing Boinc job for 3 days, and now my Boinc Avg Daily Credits jumped from 880 to 0!
Is it intended behavior?
Does it mean that I have to wait until I get 900-1000 credits again for client to show "100% Boinc Utilization"?
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
The main problem is you should receive types registered successfully; not a noveau error; you can try googling that problem and fixing wine first; I tested on Ubuntu 12.04 and it works & boots & listens for mining;
The Nvidia/Nouveau RandR error isn't a problem. This is a ?#?# political? ethical? problem between Nvidia devs and wine devs. Wine works and it wouldn't work better with Nouveau :p
Google it if you want but I can assure you that this "fixme error" has nothing to do with us Wink

Code:
[Yama@VaioLaptop wine]$ ls
BoincLinux.dll  BoincLinux.lib        GridcoinLinuxGUI.exe  OpenCL.Net.dll  QtGui4.dll      SQLite.NET.dll  debug2.txt      grcrestarter_copy.exe  libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll  mingwm10.dll   msvcr100d.dll       regtlibv12.exe
BoincLinux.exp  GrcInstallBanner.jpg  MSVBVM60.DLL          QtCore4.dll     QtNetwork4.dll  SQLite3.dll     debugLinux.txt  gridcoin-qt.exe        libstdc++-6.dll     msvcp100d.dll  prjTestHarness.exe  zlib1.dll

I haven't mschrt20.ocx and mscomctl.ocx in the wine directory. Don't you think this is the source of this problem  ?
Code:
[Yama@VaioLaptop wine]$ wine regsvr32 mschrt20.ocx
err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead.
Failed to load DLL mschrt20.ocx
[Yama@VaioLaptop wine]$ wine regsvr32 mscomctl.ocx
err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead.
Failed to load DLL mscomctl.ocx

2) You are mining scrypt successfully on the box correct? So the problem is only restricted to building the wine client.
Since wine graphical apps require a display to run, I'm testing your wine client on my laptop. I can mine scrypt on my laptop and already did it.
This is the first objective : having the QT wine wallet to run on my laptop and make it communicate with boinc and cudaminer. We need this in order to "prove" that GRC can work on linux.

In the future, I want to run Gridcoin on my mining rig. My rig doesn't have a display. So I need the cli native linux wallet to work with Boinc or a wine cli wallet ...
This is the final objective : having the GRC client working headless. Usually, linux mining rigs don't have a display Wink
There is a workaround which is to use export DISPLAY=:0 :
Code:
[Yama@FedoraDesktop wine]$ wine gridcoin-qt.exe
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
The explorer process failed to start.
fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
fixme:toolhelp:Heap32ListFirst : stub
fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
fixme:toolhelp:Heap32ListFirst : stub
fixme:system:SetProcessDPIAware stub!
fixme:win:FlashWindowEx 0xf6eadc
fixme:msg:pack_message msg 80 (WM_SETICON) not supported yet
fixme:msg:pack_message msg 80 (WM_SETICON) not supported yet
fixme:msg:ChangeWindowMessageFilter c050 00000001
fixme:systray:wine_notify_icon unhandled tray message: 4
fixme:process:SetProcessDEPPolicy (1): stub
fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
fixme:winsock:WS_setsockopt IPV6_PROTECTION_LEVEL is ignored!
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000} not registered
err:ole:create_server class {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000} not registered
fixme:ole:CoGetClassObject CLSCTX_REMOTE_SERVER not supported
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000} could be created for context 0x15
fixme:event:wait_for_withdrawn_state window 0x1005e/1400005 wait timed out
fixme:ole:RemUnknown_QueryInterface No interface for iid {00000019-0000-0000-c000-000000000046}
fixme:imm:NotifyIME IMC_SETCANDIDATEPOS
fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0x20044, 0x30c06d0): stub
fixme:win:FlashWindowEx 0xf6eadc
^Cfixme:console:CONSOLE_DefaultHandler Terminating process 8 on event 0
^C^C^C^Cfixme:event:wait_for_withdrawn_state window 0x10070/e0000a wait timed out
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7ec1eea0 "file.c: MSVCRT_file_cs" wait timed out in thread 0034, blocked by 002e, retrying (60 sec)
^C^C^C[Yama@FedoraDesktop wine]$
The client seems to "launch" on my rig but since the rig doesn't have a display, I can't do anything on the client. If I earn GRC, I will have to connect a display in order to transfer them ... This is not good.
Activity: 16
gridcoin.conf should be  users/"computer name"/appdata/roaming/gridcoin

Thanks. I'm not sure the cgminer.congf file is in the right place (program files(86)\gridcoin folder) and maybe wasn't having any effect. I have already got the intensity at 13 despite what the conf file says in my earlier post (which is why I think the cgminer.conf is doing nothing).

Have we reached the difficulty point where it is better to switch to GPU pool mining? And I assume that because I have to find a block to start participating in the pool (once pool mining=true is in gridcoin.conf) then I could still have a long wait?

Nthuse

Thanks but I have the grid coin.conf file in the location you mention. I was referring to the cgminer.conf (which im still unclear whether i need or not if im using it from within the client) OR are you saying that the parameters in the gridcoin.conf can include the cgminer.conf parameters if I am using cgminer from within the client?
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
Updated page 1 with https://c-cex.com/index.html?p=grc-btc exchange information.
We're up to 400 cpumining projects & 252,000 adjusted cpu daily credits (note: that # could be higher since we apply our leaderboard factor to it!)!

I'm #4 on the leaderboard; have been trying my hardest to get to #1 using 4 7970 GPU's devoted to boinc and mining + 8 core processor; 79842 daily credits; hard to move up to #3 since those top 3 users have a ton of daily credits coming in with higher leaderboard factors. LOL.

legendary
gridcoin.conf should be  users/"computer name"/appdata/roaming/gridcoin

Thanks. I'm not sure the cgminer.congf file is in the right place (program files(86)\gridcoin folder) and maybe wasn't having any effect. I have already got the intensity at 13 despite what the conf file says in my earlier post (which is why I think the cgminer.conf is doing nothing).

Have we reached the difficulty point where it is better to switch to GPU pool mining? And I assume that because I have to find a block to start participating in the pool (once pool mining=true is in gridcoin.conf) then I could still have a long wait?

Nthuse
New Version Available:1.1.6.0/71/7.7.9

- Modified API to only verify Malaria 10% of the time
- Modified CPU Mining frequency to alleviate payment backlog

- Released on cryptocointalk last night to verify ; it appears this release resolves the CPU payment backlog and the Malaria problems!  Yes!

Yes the number totally mined GRC so far.

I think Rob has to put up a block explorer that shows all the details. Otherwise there is no way market cap can be calculated.

Trying to fill out the form i am stuck on this quetion:

Please provide a URL that shows the total number of coins in real time.
Required. For example, Feathercoin's total number of coins can be found at: http://ftc.cryptocoinexplorer.com/chain/feathercoin/q/totalbc

Can anyone provide me the link.

Thanks.
Okay, I will put the qty of issued GRC on the block explorer, will that satisfy the requirement?  Let me know before I code it.

Grid

OK, Ill put this on my list for next.

So, if I understand correctly, we're still unable to mine GRC on an headless linux rig  Huh
Have you an ETA about that ?

6) Gridcoin will measure the processes individual thread utilization, memory footprint, authenticity and send that information back to same thread that rpcmining is running on.  It will not provide a higher subsidy unless all of the requirements are met, and the mining module is registered to the machines registry.  Boinc Points will be part of the base algorithm soon.
Is boinc point part of the algorithm already or do we have to wait for that too ?

By the way, GRC is a GREAT idea. Imagine a coin which yield profit and benefit the science at the same time. It would be wonderful Smiley
I can't wait to test it ! We're still lacking features but you job is VERY promising guys !

Hi Yamashita,

Please see page 69 of this thread:
https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/1331-new-coin-launch-announcement-grc-gridcoin/page-70#entry33893

We have wine-alpha available; please help us test it out if you can & see if it will mine?

Thanks!

Grid

Here is the updated link:

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/1331-new-coin-launch-announcement-grc-gridcoin/page-71#entry34092

Good luck,
Grid

Thank you for the instructions ! However, there are some problems :
Code:
[Yama@VaioLaptop wine]$ wine regsvr32 msvbvm60.dll
Successfully registered DLL msvbvm60.dll
[Yama@VaioLaptop wine]$ wine regsvr32 mschrt20.ocx
Failed
cudaminer :
[code][Yama@VaioLaptop Divers]$ cudaminer -o http://127.0.0.1:9031 -O Cubie:x
           *** CudaMiner for nVidia GPUs by Christian Buchner ***
                     This is version 2014-01-20 (beta)
        based on 0.1 port 9031: Connection refused
[2014-01-30 00:50:17] json_rpc_call failed, retry after 15 seconds
^C

Gridcoin.conf :
Code:
rpcuser=Cubie
rpcpassword=x
rpcport=9031
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
server=1
daemon=1

Finally, it would be nice to have a cli gridcoin client. Currently, I can't use Gridcoin on my mining rig ...

Hi,

Thank you for testing.
We will definitely package it all once it is working for easy install (side note: Ive tested the MSI in wine and it works, but its not stable enough for packaging yet).
The main problem is you should receive types registered successfully; not a noveau error; you can try googling that problem and fixing wine first; I tested on Ubuntu 12.04 and it works & boots & listens for mining;

2) You are mining scrypt successfully on the box correct? So the problem is only restricted to building the wine client.

Thanks,
Grid
[/code]
Activity: 16

Nthuse
Jump to: