Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 203. (Read 597425 times)

Activity: 130
Merit: 100
How did you send coins to the address? Is it one that you've traded with previously?

The chances of you sending coins to a valid address via typo are millions to one.

this is important: i've send some of my coins to a wrong address: tell me there is a way to recover it!!  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Unfortunately, there's only one way that could happen: Track down the owner of the address (assuming it's a valid and owned address), beg them nicely to return your coins, and hope that they are honest enough to do it. Good luck!  Cry

Sad

how can i track down the owner of the address?
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
is there any maximum limitation on the amount of transfer.

one guy did 2 times transfer, 1st time 100k and 2nd time 40k, but only the 2nd time is confirmed and the 1st time is still with a question mark right now.

he is using the latest version and without syn. problem and tried to rebuild chain for several times.

I have the same problem today, it looks like more than half of transactions are not going anywhere.  Shocked

Try to Run gridcoin with -salvagewallet key if you have lost tranfers
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Just want to remind everyone again that we are holding a logo design contest lasting through next week and we need YOUR HELP to rate the entries. Please partake in choosing the official Gridcoin logo! Instructions and links to polls found in the link below.

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/3950-99designs-gridcoin-logo-competition-please-help-judge-3-days-left/
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
Holly Crap, I just did a "listcpuminers" command too see how many guys are cpu mining, it is showing 406 CPU miners on Gridcoin. I thought we only had a handful.

Activity: 364
Merit: 252
The main problem is you should receive types registered successfully; not a noveau error; you can try googling that problem and fixing wine first; I tested on Ubuntu 12.04 and it works & boots & listens for mining;
The Nvidia/Nouveau RandR error isn't a problem. This is a ?#?# political? ethical? problem between Nvidia devs and wine devs. Wine works and it wouldn't work better with Nouveau :p
Google it if you want but I can assure you that this "fixme error" has nothing to do with us Wink

2) You are mining scrypt successfully on the box correct? So the problem is only restricted to building the wine client.
Since wine graphical apps require a display to run, I'm testing your wine client on my laptop. I can mine scrypt on my laptop and already did it.
This is the first objective : having the QT wine wallet to run on my laptop and make it communicate with boinc and cudaminer. We need this in order to "prove" that GRC can work on linux.

In the future, I want to run Gridcoin on my mining rig. My rig doesn't have a display. So I need the cli native linux wallet to work with Boinc or a wine cli wallet ...
This is the final objective : having the GRC client working headless. Usually, linux mining rigs don't have a display Wink
There is a workaround which is to use export DISPLAY=:0 :
Code:
[Yama@FedoraDesktop wine]$ wine gridcoin-qt.exe
Application tried to creVCRT_file_cs" wait timed out in thread 0034, blocked by 002e, retrying (60 sec)
^C^C^C[Yama@FedoraDesktop wine]$
The client seems to "launch" on my rig but since the rig doesn't have a display, I can't do anything on the client. If I earn GRC, I will have to connect a display in order to transfer them ... This is not good.
Hi Yamashita,
Thanks for testing it, OK so noveau should work well with wine, fine.  We need to test this one step at a time.  We can't jump forward to a headless version that mines until the QT version mines successfully with wine and you can see it working.  The client requires a high level of security and we can't compile those changes into the headless version until the qt version is stable.

1) Regardless of whether noveau "should" work with wine, when you do a "wine regsvr32 dllname.dll" you should receive "types registered successfully", not a noveau error.  Figure out the answer to that and we can move past the first regsvr command in the instructions I posted.
2)  Test the code on a system with cudaminer or cgminer, a monitor, and wine so we can see if the GUI shows positive boinc credits.  Im not interested in jumping to "finding a block" until it mines, boinc credits show and loopback is working correctly.
3) Regarding the chart and the other ocx you should receive the same regsvr32 response; we wont need the chart in the headless version; so dont bother coming up with workarounds to fake out the monitor being present as you may not need them in that later version
4) You should not only see the wallet but also the linux mining screen

Let me know.

Thanks,
Grid
Can grid please get rid of the: Gridcoin introduction - Newsflash video link here. It makes gridcoin seem like a scamcoin. Cry

Thanks.

I didn't realize that people hated it Smiley, or that it looked slimy.

Sure, I'll make a deprecated area and move it.

Grid

Rob,

Do you purge the leaderbord in some way?

Reason I ask is that I still see my old address G7UD.. in the leaderbord, since it was encrypted I changed to a new address 6 days ago and since that time it has not been active anymore, all project are linked to the new address since the 24th.

Someone with a lot of credits can exploit that..
Yes, 1) With the explosive growth lately, we look back 20 days (instead of 30), so for one, old nodes fall off in 20 days.

2) We purge any entries where a single host switches wallets within that period and Mines a block.
Your entry will purge when your boinc-host-id mines a new block.

Grid
legendary
The GRC/USD seems to be doing well on c-cex.com  Wink

The orderbook is pretty thin too, but I suppose most people want to transact in Bitcoin, seems the dollar is becoming unfashionable.

Activity: 124
price is going down Sad

Relax, because of Chinese new year, everybody need some money. like Christmas money
Activity: 1666
Merit: 565
price is going down Sad
legendary
exploding!!!!!!!!!
legendary
I agree. I think that video is not necessary.

Can grid please get rid of the: Gridcoin introduction - Newsflash video link here. It makes gridcoin seem like a scamcoin. Cry

Thanks.

legendary
I think Rob can answer that one.

one guy did 2 times transfer, 1st time 100k and 2nd time 40k, but only the 2nd time is confirmed and the 1st time is still with a question mark right now.

he is using the latest version and without syn. problem and tried to rebuild chain for several times.

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565
this is important: i've send some of my coins to a wrong address: tell me there is a way to recover it!!  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Unfortunately, there's only one way that could happen: Track down the owner of the address (assuming it's a valid and owned address), beg them nicely to return your coins, and hope that they are honest enough to do it. Good luck!  Cry

Sad

how can i track down the owner of the address?
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
P2P The Planet!
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
P2P The Planet!

Thanks.

legendary
Today I tried CPU mining for the first time and it worked great. The client sent out 2 beacons and after about 1 hour I started getting small payments. I was donating to the Rosetta@home project. Usually I GPU mine, but today I decided to try CPU and I am impressed.
legendary
When i do send 2 or 3 times in a short time I get asked to pay fee. It seems it is related to the frequency of transactions.

I'v asked this before but nobody answered  Undecided
There is no mandatory fee hardcoded in gridcoin wallet, so this can cause a microtransaction flood in the blockchain ?
Jump to: