Pages:
Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 44. (Read 597425 times)

Activity: 324
Merit: 250
I tried to set up for windows 7 version long before, but unsuccessful.

today, I've been trying to setup again but still can not set up.

I have a BOINC client and contributing rosetta@home/Gridcoin.

v3.5.9.0-g-research  says

Boinc Data dir not found.  Please set the 'datadir=' key to the boinc data path.

I found gridreserchicoin.conf and editted like this;

boincdatadir=F:\\boincdatadirofmine\\
boincappdir=H:\\boinc.exefolderoffmine\\
addnode=node.gridcoin.us
addnode=gridcoin.asia
addnode=typh00n.net
addnode=sepulcher.wha.la
addnode=grc.z9.de
addnode=91.41.255.102
addnode=gridcoin.duckdns.org
addnode=gridcoin.coleman-it.com
email=MYEMAILADDRESS

diag response like this ;

Diagnostic Name   Diagnostic Result
   Verify Boinc Path   Boinc Data dir not found.  Please set the 'datadir=' key to the boinc data path.
   Find CPID   a7xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   Verify CPID Is Valid   Unable to Connect to cpid.gridcoin.us.
   Verify CPID has RAC   FAILED
   Verify CPID is in Neural Network   BEACON DATA EMPTY, SYNC WALLET
   Verify Wallet Is Synced   FAILED
   Verify Clock   Clock Off By 24954392 Minute(s).  Please update your system time.
   Verify Addnode   PASSED
   Verify TCP 32749   Outbound connection to 32749 failed.  Please try unblocking outbound traffic to 32749.
   Result   FAILED
  what's wrong? someone help!!
Activity: 914
Merit: 299
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
So $1 GRC is $390 million cap, just right above DOGE coin at 18th place?! Totally possible in my opinion!

I think people just don't understand the difference between Gridcoin and Golem. In Golem those who need computing power will rent this computing power and pay in GNT tokens. In Gridcoin all rewards come from newly generated coins. Therefore in Golem there will always be strong demand for tokens where in Gridcoin miners always have incentives to sell their coins on the market.

I can agree that we need Gridcoin project and it is a good project, but be careful and don't follow the pump blindly.

It's kind of like the difference between fiat and crypto.

Or between open source and corporate.

Each person should decide which they prefer.

Taking the currenty cap into consideration the bump was neccessary and more a balance to the market with still high potential to double or tripple in short time.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
So $1 GRC is $390 million cap, just right above DOGE coin at 18th place?! Totally possible in my opinion!

I think people just don't understand the difference between Gridcoin and Golem. In Golem those who need computing power will rent this computing power and pay in GNT tokens. In Gridcoin all rewards come from newly generated coins. Therefore in Golem there will always be strong demand for tokens where in Gridcoin miners always have incentives to sell their coins on the market.

I can agree that we need Gridcoin project and it is a good project, but be careful and don't follow the pump blindly.

It's kind of like the difference between fiat and crypto.

Or between open source and corporate.

Each person should decide which they prefer.
Activity: 700
Merit: 330

Activity: 504
Merit: 117
It's not as easy as other coins to find how many coins you can mine each day, because gridcoin remunerate work done from lot of differents projects. You can have recommendations for choosing a project in the official website (scroll down): http://gridcoin.us/

Also there was Katiee's GRC Magnitude/Earnings Calculator, but I don't no how it work because it seems to don't work since several weeks (or more).

So you need to test yourself some projects. If there is some more accurate datas about optimised hardware for each project, I'm interested too.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Is there a calculator to see how much I would mine per day? I have a rx 480 and Ryzen 1600
Activity: 637
Merit: 511
I ❤ the bitcoin community
I have got some gridcoin's years ago and I am now getting more active to help this community to grow.

I am currently working to get GRC added to http://faucethub.io (the internet's biggest faucet host/microwallet service!)

If they add GRC then it will instantly open up the widespread use of GRC in sites like faucets, game sites, ad networks, gambling and much more!

I will post here as soon as it gets added. (if it gets added)  Wink

is there something we can do to help? like voting or whatever?

no, I don't want to bother the admin like that but I will try my best to help advance this great coin and community.

Thanks for the offer

BTW, I voted for you Smiley LoL
just passed 9 cents  Grin

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Activity: 603
Any hardware wallets that can store gridcoin? I've not bought one yet, but was thinking about it.
And we just passed 8 cents. Moon landing successful. Next stop, Mars!
Activity: 116
Merit: 101
There is a lot of potential in this currency.
It can give a great benefit to the world.
I think Gridcoin has a lot of potential. Smiley Because of that I have invested in it.  Grin

A wise decision since today we had another all time high, passing 7 cents. And there are more to come as gridcoin finally starts to get the attention it deserves!

And here's an old gem I discovered yesterday: https://steemit.com/gridcoin/@trumpman/just-found-this-old-gem-pure-gold
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
I think Gridcoin has a lot of potential. Smiley Because of that I have invested in it.  Grin
I have got some gridcoin's years ago and I am now getting more active to help this community to grow.

I am currently working to get GRC added to http://faucethub.io (the internet's biggest faucet host/microwallet service!)

If they add GRC then it will instantly open up the widespread use of GRC in sites like faucets, game sites, ad networks, gambling and much more!

is there something we can do to help? like voting or whatever?
Activity: 211
Merit: 100

Much Appreciated for doing this. Smiley
Activity: 637
Merit: 511
I ❤ the bitcoin community

Activity: 603
After many years in the market still, why GRC cannot able to secure it's the highest mark in the market. Is there any technical problems behind it like Dev is not working in the background. Already it should play some significant role in crypto market.
Development is more so than ever, it's just gridcoin hasn't been marketed much and when it has it's been trying to reach users already using BOINC, so anyone donating their computational power can get paid. I know its not so much 'donating' now but if Gridcoin can get more users using boinc via the incentive, then it can only be a better thing for humanity. Anyone who actually reads up on Gridcoin is amazed and does ultimately invest, but yes does wonder why it's not in the top 10 and thats because advertising was aimed at boinc users, not so much now though. This coin will explode to the top.
Activity: 658
Merit: 251
VIMee - Social Network
After many years in the market still, why GRC cannot able to secure it's the highest mark in the market. Is there any technical problems behind it like Dev is not working in the background. Already it should play some significant role in crypto market.
Pages:
Jump to: