Pages:
Author

Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread - page 89. (Read 597425 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 10
Absolutely normal Smiley Netsoft (runs the BOINC statistics) needs some time to verify team and RAC changes.

Ah and, if the team change via boinc stats does not work (some projects do not copy the instructions from boincstats), go to the projects homepage and join Gridcoin manually.

Greets and welcome! Quez

Welcome to the team. I assume you installed the new GRC Research.

I've been using BOINC mainly for SETI@home since around 06-07. I finally installed Grid to use Boinc today (yea, I'm a bit slow to catch on - haha).

Glad to be a part, look forward to seeing what Gridcoin can do Wink

Cheers!

Thanks! I did, yes. I'm actually trying to ascertain whether or not the wallet is working in conjunction with Boinc at this point. I've added myself to the gridcoin teams on boincstats.com, added my projects - but I don't know if I've done it correctly. I've went through the instructions, does it take some time for the settings to carry over?

Edit: Yeah, I think everything is fine. Reading up, it should take a few days for the team to be verified and my RAC to go up. When I list cpids it shows my projects and team "gridcoin" so that's fine, but on the dashboard of the wallet it says "All BOINC projects exhausted" and Project: INVESTOR. I just want to verify that this is normal. Thanks! Smiley

Activity: 182
Merit: 102
\m/

I've been using BOINC mainly for SETI@home since around 06-07. I finally installed Grid to use Boinc today (yea, I'm a bit slow to catch on - haha).

Cheers!

Thanks! I did, yes. I'm actually trying to ascertain whether or not the wallet is working in conjunction with Boinc at this point. I've added myself to the gridcoin teams on boincstats.com, added my projects - but I don't know if I've done it correctly. I've went through the instructions, does it take some time for the settings to carry over?

Edit: Yeah, I think everything is fine. Reading up, it should take a few days for the team to be verified and my RAC to go up. When I list cpids it shows my projects and team "gridcoin" so that's fine, but on the dashboard of the wallet it says "All BOINC projects exhausted" and Project: INVESTOR. I just want to verify that this is normal. Thanks! Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

Cheers!
Activity: 182
Merit: 102
\m/

Cheers!
legendary
What I do not fully understand is the point where "the company gives the created money back to the ecosystem" ? Do you mean an active action where the company buys Gridcoins with a certain share of their profit to push the price up? Wink

What I think makes gridcoin such an interesting idea is the idea of commercial applications, where the computing power of gridcoin's miners is used to power computing intensive tasks like rendering or machine learning and thus the miner's get their reward in newly generated coins, but the computing service they offer to the app is for free, so those companies based on the gridcoin ecosystem can offer their services much cheaper and then give back to the gridcoin ecosystem.

There even exists already a distributed search engine (http://yacy.net/), just imagine a search engine being run by the mining of a cryptocurrency, which would be theoretically possible with gridcoin.

Activity: 131
Merit: 100
What I think makes gridcoin such an interesting idea is the idea of commercial applications, where the computing power of gridcoin's miners is used to power computing intensive tasks like rendering or machine learning and thus the miner's get their reward in newly generated coins, but the computing service they offer to the app is for free, so those companies based on the gridcoin ecosystem can offer their services much cheaper and then give back to the gridcoin ecosystem.

There even exists already a distributed search engine (http://yacy.net/), just imagine a search engine being run by the mining of a cryptocurrency, which would be theoretically possible with gridcoin.

ok so I think let's stick to this thread then Smiley
Activity: 213
I'm also for starting a new thread, RTM said he was open for it, so let's make a new thread, but let's ask Rob to do it.

But I believe rob is not reading this thread: posting on CCT now.
RTM and Rob both stated previously they don't want to have an empty thread, because of our history and visibility of it.
Alas, a new thread could be made, in order to point to the page at which Proof-of-Research has started.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
I'm also for starting a new thread, RTM said he was open for it, so let's make a new thread, but let's ask Rob to do it.

But I believe rob is not reading this thread: posting on CCT now.
Sure, maybe he should open the new thread. He should get all the credit for GRC Smiley
legendary
Maybe we should just ask Rob, and see what he says?

@ traderman:
Then this one should be closed Smiley Scattering information should be avoided.
And please double check the Announcement on actuality of information (like poloniex listed GRCX as GRCX now, paper wallet generator not working for GRC yet etc.) and actuality of links.
When you post it, Ill also review it!

Quez
@ traderman:
Then this one should be closed Smiley Scattering information should be avoided.
And please double check the Announcement on actuality of information (like poloniex listed GRCX as GRCX now, paper wallet generator not working for GRC yet etc.) and actuality of links.
When you post it, Ill also review it!

Quez

EDIT: And this thread should be renamed to "...GRCX ..."
legendary
Nice post, maybe we should just start a new thread for POR-GRC? Should I start one?
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
The first post in this thread has been updated!

Great, thanks! Let's keep this thread busy ;-)
The first post in this thread has been updated!
The main forum for gridcoin is by the way here:

https://cryptocointalk.com/forum/464-gridcoin-grc/

This thread on bitcointalk is relatively unused, most of the important discussions are on cryptocointalk.
You can follow this page to convert your old Gridcoin classic (GRCX) to the new Gridcoin research (GRC):

https://pool.gridcoin.us/CoinExchange.aspx

Quez
Pages:
Jump to: