Pages:
Author

Topic: GridSeed 5-chip USB miner voltage mod - page 28. (Read 156988 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
April 24, 2014, 11:31:07 PM
what version of windows?

im on windows 7 x64, i had hub issues, check under Devices and printers , make sure all your hubs are there, its possiblöe there is one that not installed driver correctly.
Also i noticed windows doesnt like it if you mix and match USB hubs, powered, vs non powered, and usb3 vs usb2. it get very temperment, espe cailly a powered usb3 hub, wiht a usb2 unpowered daisy chained off it. no go, sometimes maybe if it wants. My recommmendation is to try and stick to the same type of hub when daisy chain them together. right down to make and mode.

Yes I have 2 Powered USB 10 Port hubs, both the same... I unplugged the Unpowered ones, so far I have plugged each powered Hub into one port of the laptop.

Interesting I went into device manager and it shows I have 8 Generic USB hubs installed... Wtf. And also 2 x USB Root Hub & 1 x USB Root Hub (xHCI)

This is all weird....

Cgminer shows a total         WU: of 4.5/m   

The pool if I calculated it correctly is showing around 3000-4000KH for 20 Miners @ 361KH

If you're using comm port FIFO buffers on any comm & lpt port, not sure which program we're talking about, just jumped in...but I've been seeing some common complaints that have been addressed earlier in this thread that may or may not relate to 16550 UART FIFO buffers. If they are ON, turn them OFF!
No need for FIFO buffers with these things., It just causes some of the problems you guys are talking about.
Good luck!
Activity: 420
April 24, 2014, 11:16:49 PM
what version of windows?

im on windows 7 x64, i had hub issues, check under Devices and printers , make sure all your hubs are there, its possiblöe there is one that not installed driver correctly.
Also i noticed windows doesnt like it if you mix and match USB hubs, powered, vs non powered, and usb3 vs usb2. it get very temperment, espe cailly a powered usb3 hub, wiht a usb2 unpowered daisy chained off it. no go, sometimes maybe if it wants. My recommmendation is to try and stick to the same type of hub when daisy chain them together. right down to make and mode.

Yes I have 2 Powered USB 10 Port hubs, both the same... I unplugged the Unpowered ones, so far I have plugged each powered Hub into one port of the laptop.

Interesting I went into device manager and it shows I have 8 Generic USB hubs installed... Wtf. And also 2 x USB Root Hub & 1 x USB Root Hub (xHCI)

This is all weird....

Cgminer shows a total         WU: of 4.5/m   

The pool if I calculated it correctly is showing around 3000-4000KH for 20 Miners @ 361KH
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
April 24, 2014, 11:03:52 PM
what version of windows?

April 24, 2014, 10:52:43 PM
YEh I was running 17 with no issue, 3 would be very simple... Its when you start adding more... I am trying some things, this is driving me crazy and I am so surprised no one has a setup like mine... Cgminer + Hubs + Windows..  

I have now tried no unpowered hubs just the 2 powered ones. and I started cgminer and plugged each usb one by one lets see what happens.

What is the normal Wu/ shares per miner people are getting on Cgminer... this is stock miner running at 850mhz

By the way I am on Wireless connection as I thought this should be fine for mining... Has anyone tried a wireless connectino? I have now plugged in a hard connectino to see what happens also..

Activity: 252
Merit: 254
April 24, 2014, 10:07:59 PM
Guys something is going on here and its starting to drive me nuts, I dont know if its the USB hub or not, everything is connected and accepting shares but the accepted shares is way below what the share should be for the MH, I really dont know what is going on and I am wasting time and $$ every second.   Embarrassed

What's your setup like?  # gridseeds?  What they're connected to?  What's controlling them?  Power delivery?

It could very well be something like what Chanberg said - overloaded controller unit.  

(and dam I wish I had 30 gridseeds....actually....30 blade miners....)

I have more than 30 but I have only 26 connected here, I have 2 x 10 port USB hubs powered. And 2 x 4 USB port UNPOWERED hubs..

I have a 1200w 80+ corsair powersupply .... I have 2 x 6PIN power cables going into 20 Miners and another another 6 miners going into the same way on a seperate 6PIN power lead..

I have 2 x 2.0 USB ports on the Laptop I am using, I have one 10 x Port going into one and the other 10x port going in the other... 2 of the 10 Ports each have 1 x 4usb port daisy chained of... So reallly  I have 13 ports on one USB with the daisy included and the same as the other 26 total.

I am using the "apparent latest" cgminer build which has blade availability and also clocks in small steps all the way to 1400.

Hmmm what else.. I am using Win 8  .. thats it guys your help would be EXTREMELY appreciated, time is counting down and so are the dollars , I am already pissed off because I am waiting on some other accessories cables hubs to get the remaining miners up and running. I can atleast get 26 running now...

Do you think the 4 port unpowered USB hubs daisy chained ontop of each 10 port is stuff this up? I was able to do this when I had the 1 USB hub and I had a 4 port attached to that seemed to work fine.

By the way the 10 Port Hubs that I am using are very cheap ones the 10 dollar china one that Gawminers, Helix miners and some others supply, But I bought mine of EBAY same thing. I am wondering if these are the cause

What happens if you run without the unpowered hubs, verify the speed, then plug in 1 unpowered hub?  Speed drop or stay the same?  If it stays the same, plug in the other 4-port unpowered hub and check again. 
Or try running one unpowered hub at a time and see if things improve that way.  You could also try ONLY running the unpowered hubs and isolating them completely from the powered ones. The gridseeds aren't modded are they?  5v usb fan mod?  If you have them modded with the 5v usb fan mod and are running 4 from a non-powered hub that could be the problem.  I can't imagine the power draw over the USB lines is more than 100mA per gridseed without the fan mod.

I'm running Win 8.1 but only have 3 gridseeds (49.9k mod + 5v usb fan mod) plugged into a 4-port non-powered hub (which is in turn plugged into an Asmedia USB3 port).  I was running cgminer without issue, but switched to Sandor's new cpuminer and have gotten better results. 
April 24, 2014, 09:47:29 PM
Guys something is going on here and its starting to drive me nuts, I dont know if its the USB hub or not, everything is connected and accepting shares but the accepted shares is way below what the share should be for the MH, I really dont know what is going on and I am wasting time and $$ every second.   Embarrassed

What's your setup like?  # gridseeds?  What they're connected to?  What's controlling them?  Power delivery?

It could very well be something like what Chanberg said - overloaded controller unit.  

I have more than 30 but I have only 26 connected here, I have 2 x 10 port USB hubs powered. And 2 x 4 USB port UNPOWERED hubs..

I have a 1200w 80+ corsair powersupply .... I have 2 x 6PIN power cables going into 20 Miners and another another 6 miners going into the same way on a seperate 6PIN power lead..

I have 2 x 2.0 USB ports on the Laptop I am using, I have one 10 x Port going into one and the other 10x port going in the other... 2 of the 10 Ports each have 1 x 4usb port daisy chained of... So reallly  I have 13 ports on one USB with the daisy included and the same as the other 26 total.

I am using the "apparent latest" cgminer build which has blade availability and also clocks in small steps all the way to 1400.

Hmmm what else.. I am using Win 8  .. thats it guys your help would be EXTREMELY appreciated, time is counting down and so are the dollars , I am already pissed off because I am waiting on some other accessories cables hubs to get the remaining miners up and running. I can atleast get 26 running now...

Do you think the 4 port unpowered USB hubs daisy chained ontop of each 10 port is stuff this up? I was able to do this when I had the 1 USB hub and I had a 4 port attached to that seemed to work fine.

By the way the 10 Port Hubs that I am using are very cheap ones the 10 dollar china one that Gawminers, Helix miners and some others supply, But I bought mine of EBAY same thing. I am wondering if these are the cause
April 24, 2014, 09:34:33 PM
Guys something is going on here and its starting to drive me nuts, I dont know if its the USB hub or not, everything is connected and accepting shares but the accepted shares is way below what the share should be for the MH, I really dont know what is going on and I am wasting time and $$ every second.   Embarrassed

I had the same problem, but my fix is probably not a good one... I use to have 30 units connected to 1 RPi, but poolside hashrate was significantly lower, almost half like yours... So instead of all 30 on  RPi, i split them into 3 RPi's, so 10 on each.... It shows correct hashrate on pool and on screen using cgminer....

FK... excuse the lang... But this is getting ridiculous, I was running 17 perfect , I added another 9 with another USB hub and things start stuffing up.. the problem here is the gridseed were release without much development around the software and leaves devs stuggling to find the bugs and iron out the things,

One difference in the last command I used --USB 26 ... i am just experimenting here...

Is there any single person here using Cgminer on a simple computer - windows?? im shocked if no one is
April 24, 2014, 09:29:24 PM
Guys something is going on here and its starting to drive me nuts, I dont know if its the USB hub or not, everything is connected and accepting shares but the accepted shares is way below what the share should be for the MH, I really dont know what is going on and I am wasting time and $$ every second.   Embarrassed

What's your setup like?  # gridseeds?  What they're connected to?  What's controlling them?  Power delivery?

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
April 24, 2014, 09:12:51 PM

I had the same problem, but my fix is probably not a good one... I use to have 30 units connected to 1 RPi, but poolside hashrate was significantly lower, almost half like yours... So instead of all 30 on  RPi, i split them into 3 RPi's, so 10 on each.... It shows correct hashrate on pool and on screen using cgminer....

April 24, 2014, 09:06:13 PM
April 24, 2014, 07:42:48 PM
SPOKE TO EARLY SEEMS ITS NOT THE HUB ARGHHHH
Activity: 616
April 24, 2014, 07:23:45 PM
I LOVE that new build of cpuminer Sandor.  The gridseed I just got today and modded has individual cores sitting nicely at 1250Mhz, 1275MHz, and 1300MHz.
If you could manage to do a 'summary view' with data at the top like cgminer I think it would be absolutely perfect.  May as well call it Seedminer at that point too.

I'm working on a miner summary similar to what the pool dashboard looks like on LightningAsic firmware.

Great news sandor111! cgminer is a fork of cpuminer so you might want to look at some of their earlier changes for the TUI.

BTW, I tried compiling the latest version on Ubuntu but get an error:
Code:
sudo git clone git://github.com/siklon/cpuminer-gc3355.git
cd cpuminer-gc3355
sudo ./autogen.sh             <-error here

On a separate subject I just started trying this but I actually think it might be more profitable for me to dual mine since I pay a flat fee for electricity and am not close to my quota (16amps). Will post my findings if anyone is interested.

Try
Code:
chmod +x ./autogen.sh && ./autogen.sh
legendary
Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000
April 24, 2014, 07:08:09 PM
I LOVE that new build of cpuminer Sandor.  The gridseed I just got today and modded has individual cores sitting nicely at 1250Mhz, 1275MHz, and 1300MHz.
If you could manage to do a 'summary view' with data at the top like cgminer I think it would be absolutely perfect.  May as well call it Seedminer at that point too.

I'm working on a miner summary similar to what the pool dashboard looks like on LightningAsic firmware.

Great news sandor111! cgminer is a fork of cpuminer so you might want to look at some of their earlier changes for the TUI.

BTW, I tried compiling the latest version on Ubuntu but get an error:
Code:
sudo git clone git://github.com/siklon/cpuminer-gc3355.git
cd cpuminer-gc3355
sudo ./autogen.sh             <-error here

On a separate subject I just started trying this but I actually think it might be more profitable for me to dual mine since I pay a flat fee for electricity and am not close to my quota (16amps). Will post my findings if anyone is interested.
April 24, 2014, 07:05:13 PM
I have startup problem every time i restart cgminer. Using CGWatcher with cgminer.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vckdna4c7z7gqov/Untitled.png

voltage=1 and voltmod for it is done. miners work nicely when i restart USB hub. But this makes remote controlling impossible.  Huh

Help needed please.

How many miners do you have?

What I do know works is manually disabling and re-enabling the gridseed devices in device manager in windows.
If you have 10+, it's more than likely entirely possible and quite easy to whip something up in visual studio to disable/enable the devices.  

Someone a long while back posted a batch script that used devcon.exe to control the devices (disable/enable).  I tried using it but it doesn't seem to work on Win 8.1.  The device would show as disabled in device manager but when it was re-enabled with devcon cgminer still didn't pick it up.  Manually disabling/re-enabling the devices worked just fine.

Here was their script:

Code:
devcon disable *5740*
timeout /t 20
devcon enable *5740*
cgminer.exe --scrypt
pause

@Sandor - That would be awesome.  It's roots may have come from cpuminer but you could very well call it Sandor's Seedminer when that's complete.  You're infamy will live on...
Activity: 616
April 24, 2014, 06:53:30 PM
I LOVE that new build of cpuminer Sandor.  The gridseed I just got today and modded has individual cores sitting nicely at 1250Mhz, 1275MHz, and 1300MHz.

If you could manage to do a 'summary view' with data at the top like cgminer I think it would be absolutely perfect.  May as well call it Seedminer at that point too.

April 24, 2014, 06:49:31 PM
I have startup problem every time i restart cgminer. Using CGWatcher with cgminer.

voltage=1 and voltmod for it is done. miners work nicely when i restart USB hub. But this makes remote controlling impossible.  Huh

Help needed please.

Yes I am trying to figure a way around the Starting Cgminer without nothing plugged in then once its started plug in your hub and all your gridseeds will get detected, but restarting cgminer whilst all still plugged in wont work for me I think there is a special switch needed in the Batch file... I am in the search, but the fact of the matter CGminer should not need restarting , If an error occurs this should be solved, I am very surprised no development is being done for cgminer as this is the most user friendly, nicely appearing miner there is. Simply RUn Zadig to install the WinUSB drivers and thats that! no need to mess with drivers, its all done with a single CLick with Zadig. Then all you do is run your cgminer batch
Activity: 546
April 24, 2014, 06:40:20 PM

Help needed please.
April 24, 2014, 06:14:34 PM
nst6563 - what resistor value did you choose?

I used a 50k trim pot and measured the value to exactly 49.9k.

EDIT:  The only real reason I use the trim pots instead of straight 49.9k/50k resistors is that I have a bunch of the 50k trim pots lying around...I don't have 49.9/50k resistors around.  I have a bunch of 100k, but I'd rather just use a trim pot instead of putting 2 100k's in parallel.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
April 24, 2014, 06:04:42 PM
nst6563 - what resistor value did you choose?
April 24, 2014, 06:01:43 PM
Can someone using 20+ gridseeds on Cgminer PLLEAASE  help this is starting to get serious and I am loosing $$ each minute this doesnt get fixed..

Main issue -

LIBUSB send work write error certain random pod Disconnects and then CGminer crashes.

I did try the latest CPUminer, and I really do not understand how people can use this, WOW what a shame CGminer has problems.... talking about that I also give weird random USB Disconnects, difference is CPUminer doesn't crash after . One major problem for me is I cannot even tell how many miners I still have running on the session, It doesn't give me individual performance stats, it also gives pool type total hashrate...

Please I need someone that likes Cgminer like myself and hopefully knows some coding or even know some trick to stop what happening on my end

Edit: I am now trying another 10Port USB hub to see if this was the thing playing up - But please some advise would be great from people who use cgminer for big numbers

I run a script that restarts cgminer if it ever quits.  Then just start the script with sh script.sh

#!/bin/bash

while true; do

/home/ubuntu/Downloads/cgminer-gc3355/cgminer -c example.conf --usb :49

done

Thanks guys -
As much as I do not like bandaid solutions but like to fix the root cause, i think this will do. Although I am windows, is there something I can add inside the batch file?   And what is the --usb :49 ? What is this command? I just thought about it if CGminer restarts while they are all plugged it how will they be detected as you need to plug the Miners after you open Cgminer? or does --usb fix this?

EDIT: Guess what??? The new HUb is not doing no such problems
Pages:
Jump to: