Pages:
Author

Topic: GRIDSEED Group Buy - page 2. (Read 6514 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
February 20, 2014, 02:39:33 AM
+1 for a forwarding company

So what is a trustworthy forwarding company in China? Anyone have suggestions?

I've been inquiring about this from many to no avail. Expect no help here on the forum, knowledge is power
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
February 19, 2014, 04:38:52 AM

So what is a trustworthy forwarding company in China? Anyone have suggestions?
Activity: 458
Merit: 250
beast at work
February 19, 2014, 03:18:24 AM
I haven`t seen any 500Kh/s unit yet...
Activity: 201
February 19, 2014, 02:16:55 AM
Have a contact in China that I trust to reship.  I've asked if he were available to reship these items, but he needs to know more information on how they are shipped.

how large are boxes, how many, etc...

Presumably these would need to be shipped to a single (or maybe multiple) US addresses for local repackaging/shipping into individual order quantities.

Assuming we have a valid / trusted shipping lane in China, is anyone going to put an actual order together?  I am willing to purchase a few.

also had a question regarding the updated firmware, reportedly giving 500Kh/s in scrypt only mode?  Will these units ship with the updated firmware, or will they be field upgrade-able?

baldpope

The forum is flooded by gridseed groupbuys , a lot of people are willing to buy especially at manufacturer's price. The problem I can see is logistics and of course trust.

The 500 kh/s is not an open source code as mentioned in other threads - the firmware was developed by one of the resellers.

Activity: 144
February 19, 2014, 02:00:34 AM
Have a contact in China that I trust to reship.  I've asked if he were available to reship these items, but he needs to know more information on how they are shipped.

how large are boxes, how many, etc...

Presumably these would need to be shipped to a single (or maybe multiple) US addresses for local repackaging/shipping into individual order quantities.

Assuming we have a valid / trusted shipping lane in China, is anyone going to put an actual order together?  I am willing to purchase a few.

also had a question regarding the updated firmware, reportedly giving 500Kh/s in scrypt only mode?  Will these units ship with the updated firmware, or will they be field upgrade-able?

baldpope
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
February 19, 2014, 01:37:47 AM
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
February 18, 2014, 11:52:51 PM
OK,

I'm starting to get irritated on purchasing the Gridseed units.  More than happy to bulk purchase 200 units (and keep 100 for myself), working with Frank with multiple emails, but having to have it shipped to someone in China, to reship to me is something I don't have the trust factor with, and to be honest is the one reason I haven't moved forward to purchase these in bulk and resell some in the US.

So if people want these - we need to find out how to get them out of China Smiley

I have a friend in China that buys me the miners, and ships them out if you are willing to work something out, pm me. And I will be willing to buy a couple of the remaining 100.
Activity: 201
February 18, 2014, 11:41:50 PM
OK,

I'm starting to get irritated on purchasing the Gridseed units.  More than happy to bulk purchase 200 units (and keep 100 for myself), working with Frank with multiple emails, but having to have it shipped to someone in China, to reship to me is something I don't have the trust factor with, and to be honest is the one reason I haven't moved forward to purchase these in bulk and resell some in the US.

So if people want these - we need to find out how to get them out of China Smiley

I was devastated when I found that they are not willing to ship directly to the U.S. having to find a reliable and honest person to reship the units here is defiantly a huge concern of mine as well. My social network to china goes as far as watching IP man lol  Cheesy

I'm probably going to end up buying these at retail price god damn it

I think u need guys a forwarding company in China that ships to US. When u fill up the Gridseed order form, have it send to the address of the forwarding company (address in China) and let the forwarding company ship the items to u.

Hope this helps.
February 18, 2014, 11:33:19 PM
OK,

I was devastated when I found that they are not willing to ship directly to the U.S. having to find a reliable and honest person to reship the units here is defiantly a huge concern of mine as well. My social network to china goes as far as watching IP man lol  Cheesy

I'm probably going to end up buying these at retail price god damn it
Activity: 314
Merit: 250
:)
February 18, 2014, 11:20:45 PM
OK,

I'm starting to get irritated on purchasing the Gridseed units.  More than happy to bulk purchase 200 units (and keep 100 for myself), working with Frank with multiple emails, but having to have it shipped to someone in China, to reship to me is something I don't have the trust factor with, and to be honest is the one reason I haven't moved forward to purchase these in bulk and resell some in the US.

February 18, 2014, 07:02:06 PM
Their emails are swamped. I requested info for prices and payment method but they are taking a while to get back to me. From what I've gathered so far tho is tht the above prices are accurate.
Activity: 237
February 18, 2014, 07:04:13 AM
I would be interested in 20 units + controller at this price, if it includes shipping also?
Activity: 572
Merit: 500
February 18, 2014, 05:24:33 AM
"Bank wire transfer was the only option, payment in either RMB or USD"

I talked to them and they said they won't accept any foreign bank payments.

OK, Gridseed/Frank knew I was from Australia from the 1st email I sent him and he also attached the Order Form to that last email for me to proceed if I wanted to go ahead. Once I saw he changed the minimum buy from 100 to 200 units I was pissed off and have not been in contact with him since Saturday, I had 2 other people who were going to buy as a single group so we could meet the min of 100 units but going to 200 units was abit too much.....

Edit, Price was quoted in USD/RMD but didn't get far enough to confirm they only took RMB in the end.
How did you get in touch with them?

Via email, I went to Gridseed's website and sent an email to [email protected], just letting you know 1st email was sent on the 15th Jan and only got a reply last week as there inbox was swamped. Since then I've had many fast reply back and forth.

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
February 18, 2014, 03:22:06 AM

OK, Gridseed/Frank knew I was from Australia from the 1st email I sent him and he also attached the Order Form to that last email for me to proceed if I wanted to go ahead. Once I saw he changed the minimum buy from 100 to 200 units I was pissed off and have not been in contact with him since Saturday, I had 2 other people who were going to buy as a single group so we could meet the min of 100 units but going to 200 units was abit too much.....

Edit, Price was quoted in USD/RMD but didn't get far enough to confirm they only took RMB in the end.
How did you get in touch with them?
February 18, 2014, 12:48:41 AM

February 18, 2014, 12:29:09 AM

February 18, 2014, 12:01:05 AM
I also have been in contact with Frank from Gridseed, I originally got a quote with a minimum of 100 units and then sent him another email to say that I was interested in purchasing 100 units and asked a few more questions regarding DOA units, warranty on devices, etc before filling out the Order form and then on Saturday 15th Feb got an email stating that:

"There is one adjustment to my last email: Since we have received too many orders (especially from our customers in China), and our manufacturing ability is limited. We only take oversea orders over 200 units."

Moreover, you probably need a controller to get the devices going, we suggest you purchase 1 controller for every 15 devices. The price of each controller is 67 USD. For details of controller, please see http://www.diginforce.com/goods.php?id=37 The site is in Chinese, we will have English manual available next week.
You need to buy cables, power adapter and USB hub yourself. There might be voltage difference between your country and China, you might need a transformer.
Please note the above price is only valid for next week, due to the dynamic of the industry and increasing cost, we have to adjust price from time to time.

I wasn't happy about that, I can confirm that 200 units is now the minimum and price quoted was $160 USD and price is subject to change and they said they DO NOT ship outside of CHINA, you will have to organise courier.

If anyone from Australia is thinking of buying some PM me, if we can get enough people/units to meet 200 devices let me know, best to pool together to make this happen..

What payment methods that they told you they accept?

Bank wire transfer was the only option, payment in either RMB or USD

February 17, 2014, 11:58:29 PM
I also have been in contact with Frank from Gridseed, I originally got a quote with a minimum of 100 units and then sent him another email to say that I was interested in purchasing 100 units and asked a few more questions regarding DOA units, warranty on devices, etc before filling out the Order form and then on Saturday 15th Feb got an email stating that:

"There is one adjustment to my last email: Since we have received too many orders (especially from our customers in China), and our manufacturing ability is limited. We only take oversea orders over 200 units."

Moreover, you probably need a controller to get the devices going, we suggest you purchase 1 controller for every 15 devices. The price of each controller is 67 USD. For details of controller, please see http://www.diginforce.com/goods.php?id=37 The site is in Chinese, we will have English manual available next week.
You need to buy cables, power adapter and USB hub yourself. There might be voltage difference between your country and China, you might need a transformer.
Please note the above price is only valid for next week, due to the dynamic of the industry and increasing cost, we have to adjust price from time to time.

I wasn't happy about that, I can confirm that 200 units is now the minimum and price quoted was $160 USD and price is subject to change and they said they DO NOT ship outside of CHINA, you will have to organise courier.

If anyone from Australia is thinking of buying some PM me, if we can get enough people/units to meet 200 devices let me know, best to pool together to make this happen..

What payment methods that they told you they accept?
February 17, 2014, 11:53:31 PM

February 17, 2014, 11:08:46 PM
Not wanting to spam, but I made a thread(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=472101.new#new) for anyone who is willing to buy some gridseeds with me without escrow(not from me).
Pages:
Jump to: