Pages:
Author

Topic: ### GRIDSEED Group-Buy Shares - Forum Added for Buyers ### - page 2. (Read 6197 times)

Activity: 425
Merit: 253
Why was the IPO offer price chosen as 0.000001?  In order to purchase post IPO, it's a minimum double of the IPO price (0.000002).  Supposing the IPO purchased the Gridseed device for $180, post IPO one now needs to pay a minimum of $360 for the device.

If the offer price was 0.0001, a post IPO purchaser could offer 0.000101 or $181.80 using example above.

You can also put in a BUY order at .000001 and buy shares from people who want to sell their shares.
thy
Activity: 685
Merit: 500
Why was the IPO offer price chosen as 0.000001?  In order to purchase post IPO, it's a minimum double of the IPO price (0.000002).  Supposing the IPO purchased the Gridseed device for $180, post IPO one now needs to pay a minimum of $360 for the device.

If the offer price was 0.0001, a post IPO purchaser could offer 0.000101 or $181.80 using example above.

The price per 5chip device from the manufacturer is 160 usd and you will need to order a minimum of 200 miners from the manufacturer and spend some time and invest 32 000 usd+ if you would like to buy those miners yourself at that low price.
Stocks you can trade to and get in/out of whenever you like, if you buy 200 miners yourself it's a slightly bigger operation to get in/out of a position than just typing a price and pressing a button.

Compare GRID with other stocks investments and you see why people buy stocks at higher than introduction price.
The expected dividend/return will be high even when you buy at 0.000002 or higher.

Lets take a few example:
==================
People buy shares in CRYPTSY for 0.2 btc a stock, it's introduction price was 0,05 btc per stock so that's 4 times the introduction price for example that people pay there now, Cryptsy return around 0,2% per week in dividend if you buy it at 0.2 btc.

Some people even buy Vircurex stock for 0,1-0,15 btc and they have been in violation of there contract for soon 1 year now and pay 0% in monthly dividend and if you buy into Vircurex then your buying a share of a company that is at -1000 btc or something if you believe there numbers.

BSVM (bitcoiin mining) people buy shares for 0,06 btc and there dividend is around 0,2% per week.
GMP(BTC mining) people buy there shares at around 0,25 btc, dividend around 0,25% per week
MGMP(BTC mining) people buy there shares at around 0.000900 btc, dividend around 0,07% per week
==================

If you run the numbers for GRID you see that you can expect a retrurn of something like 9% or possibly even up to 17% per week on this share if you bought at 0,000001. but lets count low and say:
9,00% a week at 0,000001 btc per share
4,50% a week at 0,000002 btc per share
3,00% a week at 0,000003 btc per share
2,25% a week at 0,000004 btc per share
1,80% a week at 0,000005 btc per share
0,90% a week at 0,000010 btc per share
0,45% a week at 0,000020 btc per share
0,22% a week at 0,000040 btc per share

so even if you buy in at way higher than introduction price you will still make better profit on this share than most other shares on Cryptostocks, maby that answers your question.
thy
I live within a few hours drive of Tulsa.  The device itself would possibly be useful in bitcoin meetings I founded here in the community and at the college I attend.  How many shares are necessary to own a whole unit given I come pick it up?
fasbit made a ruff estimate of 241 600 shares, 0,2461 btc earlier based on 160 usd per unit and 650 usd/btc, i guess he will have a better number today Thursday if he has converted btc to usd(or already have the necessary 35k usd available in fiat)  and orders the units today if usd bank transfer is the option gridseed take as payment for international customers.
Not sure what bank and payment options Gridseed has but if they have a European bank account they could take SEPA transfers and should have the money within 24 hrs max in there account, in that case delivery should be pretty fast of the units.
Activity: 686

well that's how IPO works! welcome Cheesy
Activity: 1104
Merit: 504
This is who we are.
I live within a few hours drive of Tulsa.  The device itself would possibly be useful in bitcoin meetings I founded here in the community and at the college I attend.  How many shares are necessary to own a whole unit given I come pick it up?
Activity: 6
Merit: 0

We now have a forum... address listed on page 1
Fasbit Verification:  I requested Premium verification from CryptoStocks.Com... Their customer service is very slow.

You can independently verify Oklahoma Registration Here: https://www.sos.ok.gov/corp/corpInformation.aspx?id=1912426386
Federal FinCEN here:  http://www.fincen.gov/financial_institutions/msb/msbstateselector.html
thy
I'm glad I got what I could lastnight then.
Very cool.

I won't be so sure.

The return of investment for gridseed is 4-8 months depending on what price you pay. And that is assuming network difficulty and coin price stay on par with each other.
I get the return of investment for gridseed 5-chip devices to 107 days if you mine litecoins and 75 days mining doge if you run the numbers at coinwarz for example.

There are also report of high defective rate on gridseed miner.
The defective rate, DOA units shouldent really matter much, what could it possibly be if i's high like you say, 1% max? can't think that any manufacturer on any electronics devices can have worse rates than that and thats really the manufacturers problems and cost not the buyers, in worst case you loose something like 7-14 days of mining time on 1/100 of your devices witch increases you ROI time from 75 days to 75.14 days so still pretty much 2,5 months at current btc price and profitabillity on scryptcoins.

This offering of this IPO is not free.
The cost to list a project on cryptostocks is 1 btc now i think so your right in usd terms the cost to list a project on cryptostocks has gone up compared to when they started the summer 2012 when it was at 5 btc if i remember correctly but in btc it has gone down.

And there is always risk of getting scammed, or outright incompetent.
Yea your right theres always a chance for that, maby you should ask fasbit to get avdanced verification on cryptostocks or i guess it's possible for you to check up the companys registration, https://www.sos.ok.gov/corp/corpInformation.aspx?id=1912426386 i think it's there registration, you can probably get the info you whant from that oklahama secretary of state or some other gov instance, not exactly sure how or where it's you search info on people/company for free in the usa but checking up things will reduce your risk for that type of things.

Not saying this is a bad deal. But the risk is certainly lower than gambling where one will lose eventually and higher than do it oneself.
I think it's more relevant to compare investing in scryptmining with other mining projects, btc or scrypt than gambling sites and compared to bitcoin mining project there's no doubt that scryptmining project will return better, comparing it to other scryptmining projects there you have to look closer to each case to say whats better or worse and do it yourself, that depends on the individuals situation/skills, some probably don't have the abiliity to run mining farms efficiently, either because of lack of skills, space, heat issues, already maxed out fuses in your houses if you can't upgrade to higer ones, to high electricity costs in your country/state and so on.
We have lots of volume... Higher than Cryptsy Shares - 7 day Average!
There's Still time to get in.
Very cool.

I won't be so sure.
The return of investment for gridseed is 4-8 months depending on what price you pay. And that is assuming network difficulty and coin price stay on par with each other. There are also report of high defective rate on gridseed miner.
This offering of this IPO is not free. And there is always risk of getting scammed, or outright incompetent.

Not saying this is a bad deal. But the risk is certainly lower than gambling where one will lose eventually and higher than do it oneself.

And my goal is to put together a buyer's group that is safe and predictable.
One thing I can offer that most do not, is the option to leave the miner in a pool. > if it breaks, then its my problem to replace.
No risk to the buyer.

There are also other factors such as heat and noise that cant be calculated into a Return on Investment spreadsheet.
legendary
Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000
Very cool.

I won't be so sure.

The return of investment for gridseed is 4-8 months depending on what price you pay. And that is assuming network difficulty and coin price stay on par with each other. There are also report of high defective rate on gridseed miner.

This offering of this IPO is not free. And there is always risk of getting scammed, or outright incompetent.

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
Very cool.
If you want to get in... you will have to buy shares from someone else... but the numbers still are profitable...even at .000004 per share.
Sold out... now IPO flag will be lifted... for the feeding frenzy
Bought 10 million shares. Make me happy please  Grin

You know after evaluating all of the group buys out there... i really didnt have a good "investor" feeling about what I read and saw... i wanted to put together a kick-ass type deal...

I'll see you again on round 2 buy...

PS... I better get some trust point out of this deal when its over!
A few question.

1) Do you live in China?
2) How do you pay the supplier?

I have a Chinese shipping company lined up to accept and ship the order...
They accept international wire
I will have photos of my FAS operation on my web site this week...im in process of converting from open air to server chasis...so its a mess right now...

Why not buy a plane ticket and come to Tulsa.  I'll show you around....

$300 plane ticket is cheap insurance...
A few question.

1) Do you live in China?
2) How do you pay the supplier?

He lives in Tulsa, Oklahama, USA as far as i know or somewhere close to that city.

Last I check, they only ship to China address and don't accept foreign bank wire/tt.

they accept foreign bank wire...
I have the forms
thy
Need some honest answers here.

How can you prove you're not going to scam all the shareholders? I mean, you *could* run away with 64btc and call it a day..
He could start proving he's for real by showing the promised pictures of his other GPU mining farms for example

Where are these ASIC scrypt miners located?
The (dual)miners(only the scrypt mining will be profitable so the dual part is of less interest) he buys is from a company in china Gridseed or maby there chineese reseller i think. But later i think he will host them in his office(Tulsa, oklahama USA) if i understood it correct and not at the mining farm 20 miles away where he said the GPUminers was located.

ETA on when we will receive the miners? In 5 months? when?
As 60 million shares is sold out already and i think thats more than enouth for ordering 200 units and the controlboards for them(witch i think gridseed was including for free one per 10 5chip units) i guess he should have the miners within 7-10 days at max in USA.

How do you plan to pay? It's $35K USD, please don't lose it!
That i can't answer, i don't know how he plan on paying gridseed, guess he could just make the trip back and forth with plane to china and pick all the miners up in person and bring them back on the returning airplane trip if he for example intend to buy a few hundred miners himself to, that would probably be the easiest and smartest option, maby a few hundred usd extra for overweight on the plane but gain an extra week of mining time( 2100 usd in a week @ 200 miners and 1.5 usd per miner and day), well depends on what rules the airplane have for max weights and so if that option is even possible(well a weekend trip to china with the family may be enough to bring back a few hundred kg overweight on the plane...lol)...
Pages:
Jump to: