Pages:
Author

Topic: grin is now accepted for forum payments - page 7. (Read 5858 times)

copper member
Activity: 630
Merit: 420
We are Bitcoin!
January 17, 2019, 06:31:13 AM
Very interesting to see the forum implement an outside project in this fashion.  Grin is indeed an innovative project and I am mining it to get my hands on some.

[ANN] Grin | PoW Mining | Electronic transactions for all. Community driven.

@theymos - Your grin link seems to be broken at the moment.  Should be: https://grin-tech.org/
I thought we will act selfish and will only promote Bitcoin. Endorsing another coin and that is coming from theymos does not look good to me for a forum where we all are here to promote bitcoin.

I am sorry theymos, did you lose your confidence in Bitcoin because the transaction fee is high or something?

By the way I have nothing against grin and I never even studied it.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
January 17, 2019, 06:22:44 AM
I started to look at Grin and Beam as alternative payment methods for domain name sales.
Here's a thought: Use LN for domain sales.

I'm also looking at Dash.
Please no. Dash is a shitcoin.

I don't understand...

60 Grins created every minute forever...

Isn't it the very definition of perpetual inflation? Oo
It's broken by design, but has excellent tech.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
January 17, 2019, 06:21:21 AM
I started to look at Grin and Beam as alternative payment methods for domain name sales. I'm also looking at Dash. It would be great if we could have somewhere to discuss these on Bitcoin Talk boards. I have had the alt boards on ignore for months now. In view of this move by Theymos, please could we have a Grin discussion board.

dash lol ... please ask pharmacist for a link to my cake analogy
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251
January 17, 2019, 05:50:02 AM
I don't understand...

60 Grins created every minute forever...

Isn't it the very definition of perpetual inflation? Oo
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 2444
https://JetCash.com
January 17, 2019, 05:13:09 AM
I started to look at Grin and Beam as alternative payment methods for domain name sales. I'm also looking at Dash. It would be great if we could have somewhere to discuss these on Bitcoin Talk boards. I have had the alt boards on ignore for months now. In view of this move by Theymos, please could we have a Grin discussion board.
copper member
Activity: 1204
Merit: 737
✅ Need Campaign Manager? TG > @TalkStar675
January 17, 2019, 04:54:58 AM
In my opinion its a wise decision to accept altcoin as a payment method . We all need to know that crypto currency World basically connected with each other. Bitcointalk is a well reputated place where worldwide most of the crypto based projects announce their projects. Its simple that our forum just accept bitcoin as the payment method but we also have to remind that bitcointalk is not only working for entire btc community but also for Altcoins too.

Bitcointalk forum members not only working to keep people far from scam projects but also showing the right path to worldwide crypto investors. It can't be a rules like that bitcointalk users must have to pay through btc. I think our admin will add more and more payment option to make a collaboration with crypto seekers who are the main assets of crypto world.

Accepting grin is a great step which shows the sign that bitcointalk is the real home of crypto.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 4133
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
January 17, 2019, 04:21:45 AM
This is what we call indirect endorsement. Just wait for the cryptonews media to handle the rest publicity. Very soon you'll see news likes  
Cryptocurrencies biggest and oldest forum "bitcointalk" co-founded by satoshi himself accepts GRIN as a means of payment
and the so called crypto-experts on twitter and YouTube will add to the hype by adding it to their top altcoin to watchout for in 2019. Some might even say GRIN is the new BITCOIN Grin. although If I was a part of this project the news above (grins added as means of payment on bitcointalk) will be advertise on grin site. This wasn't the intention of theymos although when a forum like bitcointalk accepts you as a means of payment it's an indirect endorsement sending signals to potential investors that the project is a go for...
Activity: 210
Merit: 29
January 17, 2019, 03:49:41 AM
This is the largest cryptocurrency discussion forum, and while this is not an endorsement, it would surely get a lot of people interested in grin.

So could this open the door to more additions to the bitcointalk model? Or is this a one off experiment?
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808
Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do
January 17, 2019, 03:48:05 AM
I guess I have already proven my point. Didn't expect it this quick though.

24h Low / 24h High
$6.92 / $261.65

Imagine FOMOing and buying it for $261.65.

could be worse man - imagine buying SHITCASH at $3200!
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1334
January 17, 2019, 03:45:58 AM
Waow. This is really interesting Smiley
I wouldn't have guessed it would happen.
I don't know about Grin, I'm starting to search about it. We should be considered if theymos care.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
January 17, 2019, 03:37:45 AM
I guess I have already proven my point. Didn't expect it this quick though.

24h Low / 24h High
$6.92 / $261.65

Imagine FOMOing and buying it for $261.65.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222
Just looking for peace
January 17, 2019, 03:28:26 AM
i do like grin so far but it's exciting to see theymos experimenting with an Altcoin here.

So let me get this right...

Mimblewimble (which is really cool, don't get me wrong) all the sudden gets theymos's support on day 1, when grin's only interesting factor is mimblewimble.  Whereas Monero has Ring Signatures, Ring Confidential Transactions, Stealth Addresses, LMDB, bulletproofs, subaddresses, ASIC resistant cryptonite algo, and possibly Kovri soon™ and it's only a side "interesting" project?

Wut?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i would love to see monero as part of the experiment as well Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174
Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator
January 17, 2019, 02:53:24 AM
Any chance you'll accept another cryptocurrency (XMR, ETH or perhaps DOGE) soon?
To be honest I am not fan of accept any altcoin. Since it's BTCitcointalk, and I believe that forum related all payment should be by BTCitcoin. Although here is so many altcoin board, but forum was build based on BTCitcoin. I am not agree with accept any altcoin for forum payment. Never mind if admin support any coin personally but official payment mathode should by BTCitcoin only.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808
Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do
January 17, 2019, 02:38:28 AM
Total Coin Supply: infinite

Doge 2.0 with some bells on? Idea is sound, but sounds like Cryptohunter sorted out the supply
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
January 17, 2019, 02:18:35 AM
Grin has a retarded inflation rate. How do you think its price will remain sustainable?
Monero
Mimblewimble has privacy features, but it also has the first really impressive, true scaling solution in crypto. Privacy-wise, Monero is probably better overall, but its scaling is abysmal, and neither coin can be treated as an impenetrable black box.
This. Monero will end up a dead coin sooner because of all the bloat it implemented.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1224
'Life's but a walking shadow'!
January 17, 2019, 01:14:57 AM
Grin has a retarded inflation rate. How do you think its price will remain sustainable?
Just likewise what theymos said in his original post,if it proves to be unsustainable and cannot be maintained it'll be removed in the "future"
For now it is implemented and it's progress would simply be watched closely and subject to changes definitely.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
January 17, 2019, 12:32:03 AM
legendary
Activity: 2707
Merit: 1181
January 16, 2019, 11:36:27 PM
Kinda dissapointed that Howeycoins can't achieve the same thing despite being older.

There's still 14 days and 22 hours before the HoweyCoins ICO begins, so technically its not older.

Grin seems to be only ready for Linux and OS thus far. Otherwise I would check it out.

https://github.com/GrinPlusPlus/GrinPlusPlus

I'll wait until they make it a bit more user friendly for morons like myself.

You can mine grin on windows, been testing it from pre-genesis block.

Check out some of your pool of choice's links for the windows miner version.

thanks!
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 7986
January 16, 2019, 11:17:50 PM
Kinda dissapointed that Howeycoins can't achieve the same thing despite being older.

There's still 14 days and 22 hours before the HoweyCoins ICO begins, so technically its not older.

Grin seems to be only ready for Linux and OS thus far. Otherwise I would check it out.

https://github.com/GrinPlusPlus/GrinPlusPlus

I'll wait until they make it a bit more user friendly for morons like myself.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
January 16, 2019, 11:14:08 PM
Forum's exchange rate seems to be ~350 grins per bitcoin or ~$10 per grin.
Pages:
Jump to: