Pages:
Author

Topic: Groceries PLEASE!!! - page 2. (Read 2703 times)

legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
July 16, 2014, 08:15:32 PM
I used to know a service which would purchase from any site for a $3 fee on top of the payment. its a little more expensive of course but good in some cases. I think it was called bitsumo or something and I don't know if they are still in business.

there is a service in my town that purchases from anywhere and delivers, whether its clothes, food, even mdconalds and they deliver it within 1 hour for $5. (not recommended for small purchases like a single cheesebuger or a pair of socks) but it does help those that cant get around EG disabled old and lazy to get things locally. and they accept bitcoin.

there are many ways around it, the world is your oyster of ways to get bitcoin implemented locally in your town. but if people want it in THEIR town THEY have to do it. after all someone thousands of miles away in a different state/country wont help YOUR town
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Currently held as collateral by monbux
July 16, 2014, 07:42:14 PM
I used to know a service which would purchase from any site for a $3 fee on top of the payment. its a little more expensive of course but good in some cases. I think it was called bitsumo or something and I don't know if they are still in business.
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Time is on our side, yes it is!
July 16, 2014, 07:33:13 PM
I agree if you want your local stores to use Bitcoin then it would be a good idea to take the time to contact them and let them know just that.  Don't think letting feelings on the issue is going to make this happen any sooner so you best get on it asap.  Try and get others in your area to do the same thing so the message has a bigger impact, best of luck.
legendary
July 16, 2014, 01:34:07 PM
Why do you want to buy food for BTC OP? It will have way higher value than your fiat and u'll reget it.

If we all stockpile on bitcoins and nobody uses them , their value will be 0 in a matter of months.

Precisely... Isnt like 60% of bictoins right now dormant? I think that was the number I heard.... Imagine if 80% of them or more were being used daily. What would the price be then?

if 60% are hoarded, but there is a 80% usage, that means demand for bitcoins is high

put simply into small numbers.

1000 (where 600 are dormant in cold storage for hoarding) but people want to b paid in bitcoins as wages and spend bitcoins and simply buy bitcoins makes a NEED of 800 bitcoins.. then people will pay MORE as they fight over bitcoins because there is not 800 circulating. there is only 400. so hoarding coins helps the price

He said , IF 80% of the coins would be used for buying goods. <-usage (wages, trading, exchanging, buying selling)
Not that they are.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
July 16, 2014, 01:31:11 PM
Why do you want to buy food for BTC OP? It will have way higher value than your fiat and u'll reget it.

If we all stockpile on bitcoins and nobody uses them , their value will be 0 in a matter of months.

Precisely... Isnt like 60% of bictoins right now dormant? I think that was the number I heard.... Imagine if 80% of them or more were being used daily. What would the price be then?

if 60% are hoarded, but there is a 80% usage, that means demand for bitcoins is high

1000 (where 600 are dormant in cold storage for hoarding) but people want to b paid in bitcoins as wages and spend bitcoins and simply buy bitcoins makes a NEED of 800 bitcoins.. then people will pay MORE as they fight over bitcoins because there is not 800 circulating. there is only 400. so hoarding coins helps the price

He said , IF 80% of the coins would be used for buying goods.
Not that they are.
legendary
July 16, 2014, 01:23:26 PM

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
July 16, 2014, 01:19:16 PM

Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
July 16, 2014, 01:17:45 PM

legendary
July 16, 2014, 01:17:35 PM
OP still whining about his local grocery store?.!. i think he needs to good sales pitch or some leaflets to take to his local grocery store.. whining on a forum wont help his grocery store accept bitcoins..

it would be different if it was apple or bell telecom, where we could all pitch in to spam email the company with bitoin requests. but when its about his own local grocery store, he needs to stop bitching at people and actually ask us how he can sell the idea to his grocery store or how to get them to want it... thats all im saying.

OP, explain the conversation you had with your grocer, and the objections they gave you. then ask us what is available to make those objections disappear so that YOUR grocer will accept bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
July 16, 2014, 01:13:55 PM
July 16, 2014, 01:11:29 PM
I concur! Why must there be so much negativity on this forum!

People have strong opinions and they aren't afraid to share them. Welcome to the internet.

I was specifically talking about franky. I have always seen him posting and 90% is negativity!
July 16, 2014, 12:59:24 PM
im sorry, but arnt YOU the closest person that lives near YOUR grocery store, ..

.. may i suggest YOU talk to YOUR local grocery store to accept bitcoins. as im pretty sure no on else wil travel all th way to YOUR town to talk to YOUR local grocer..

if YOU want a grocery store near YOU to accept bitcoins, then its kind of obvious that YOU need to help YOURSELF to make things in YOUR town change. YOU live there after all..

i am bringing change to my town. so dont sit there and whing on a forum. instead ask for the best way to introduce it, the bst way to get your grocer to accept it. and dont just hope someone else will change your town while you sit on your sofa. get involved, be the change that you want

You're just being a fucking asshole. Shouldn't you be over in /r/Bitcoin instead?

Of course I've talked to the local grocer! Stop being a fucking asswipe. Oh fuck.. I just don't know why I even bother sometimes. Some Bitcoiners are just such cunts sometimes. You're a great example. Please fuck off and stop being a total jackass. I fucking hate people like you. Fuck off and stop being such a douche. Bitcoin doesn't need you constant "hey! let's fucking shit on everyone all the time every chance we get" nonsense.

I concur! Why must there be so much negativity on this forum! I mean we should all be sticking together and not being assholes and our minds should be set on the advancement of bitcoin!
Activity: 266
July 16, 2014, 12:53:13 PM
But what I really want is to buy some ginger, and apples, and milk, and bread and FOOD with bitcoins.

Do you have a Target store with fresh groceries near you? You can use Bitcoin at Gyft to purchase a Target gift card.

It's not what I would consider optimal (local grocer accepting Bitcoin directly), but it's a start.

I don't like the "middleman" idea. I want to pay direct. Gyft cards just don't work for me. I want to have my grocery bill on the blockchain.
Unfortunately this is going to be as close as we will get for a lot of merchants as bitcoin is still too new for many retail type stores.

Generally speaking you can get discounts on gift cards purchased with bitcoin via Gyft so you would still realize the cost savings. 
copper member
Activity: 1380
Merit: 504
THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA
July 16, 2014, 12:51:23 PM
But what I really want is to buy some ginger, and apples, and milk, and bread and FOOD with bitcoins.

Do you have a Target store with fresh groceries near you? You can use Bitcoin at Gyft to purchase a Target gift card.

It's not what I would consider optimal (local grocer accepting Bitcoin directly), but it's a start.

I don't like the "middleman" idea. I want to pay direct. Gyft cards just don't work for me. I want to have my grocery bill on the blockchain.
copper member
copper member
July 16, 2014, 12:45:29 PM
I think the closest thing to that right now is buying those Gyft cards and then using those to buy groceries

I really just want to pay straight up in BTC. I want to use my wallet on my mobile device to pay. Cards just don't work for me.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
July 16, 2014, 12:45:26 PM
I think the closest thing to that right now is buying those Gyft cards and then using those to buy groceries
I'd say that this is one of your best bets. I can't really think of another way to buy groceries with Bitcoin.

I do agree, it would be nice if we could just go to our local grocery and buy a melon with BTC, but I think that's still some time in the future.

I hope everything goes well for you, and you cal eventually find what you are looking for.
Activity: 170
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
July 16, 2014, 12:36:22 PM
im sorry, but arnt YOU the closest person that lives near YOUR grocery store, ..

.. may i suggest YOU talk to YOUR local grocery store to accept bitcoins. as im pretty sure no on else wil travel all th way to YOUR town to talk to YOUR local grocer..

if YOU want a grocery store near YOU to accept bitcoins, then its kind of obvious that YOU need to help YOURSELF to make things in YOUR town change. YOU live there after all..

i am bringing change to my town. so dont sit there and whing on a forum. instead ask for the best way to introduce it, the bst way to get your grocer to accept it. and dont just hope someone else will change your town while you sit on your sofa. get involved, be the change that you want

You're just being a fucking asshole. Shouldn't you be over in /r/Bitcoin instead?

Of course I've talked to the local grocer! Stop being a fucking asswipe. Oh fuck.. I just don't know why I even bother sometimes. Some Bitcoiners are just such cunts sometimes. You're a great example. Please fuck off and stop being a total jackass. I fucking hate people like you. Fuck off and stop being such a douche. Bitcoin doesn't need you constant "hey! let's fucking shit on everyone all the time every chance we get" nonsense.

Don't you love how people assume they are some all knowing super amazing God and all other humans are complete and utter morons that can barely walk or breath.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
July 16, 2014, 12:33:31 PM
Pages:
Jump to: