Pages:
Author

Topic: [Group Buy] BFL ASICs, + Board Design Underway. - page 2. (Read 15406 times)

donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
MrTeal,

Did you receive the samples?
my sample chips shipped out  yesterday
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
MrTeal,

Did you receive the samples?
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
Can I assume this GB is closed, or did you order extras?  Looking for 16-24.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Chipgeek posted on the BFL forum 2 days ago that they should have a board design to share in 1-2 days.

I am hoping that means today sometime we might see an update on progress from both Chipgeek and MrTeal.

There was also a post from Josh about the sample chips... sadly, the person they had in charge of that has left BFL and apparently was not on top of sending out the sample chips. Josh stated he has remedied this so chips should be on their way to MrTeal and Chipgeek so they can move along with these boards.

MrTeal and Chipgeek, TY for putting this together... any updates on progress this week would be greatly appreciated.

Also, MrTeal... when do you anticipate needing the second half of the chip deposit and at what point will you be asking for the remainder of the cost for the board and assembly per option 3?

~Daemon
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Just bumping this up for all of us who participated in this buy.
legendary
Activity: 1274
I hope BFL follows through with the sample chips at a reasonable date so PCB's and components can be tested and worked on w/o someone having to tear apart their Jalapeno to scavenge the chips   Tongue

For the Heatsink&Fan, are any AM2 HS w/ 92mm Fans going to fit?  Can get some great deals on them these days even for the Direct contact heatpipe versions.  The DC Heatpipe w/ 92mm cool better then most 120mm fans w/o DC pipes.  I wish I could remember the the brand of HS&F that some other Group buy was using on their boards...Think they were able to order direct and get a nice bulk discount.

Any new info on how many chips per board will be used?  Hoping for 6 if the board design can handle it.

I would actually recommend staying away from most DC heatsinks, it should have an entirely flat base and direct contact heatpipes often have small gaps between the base and the heat pipe. It's not an issue with a CPU because the die is coupled to a large heatspreader, but with the ASICs it's possible you could end up with localized hot spots under where the gap is.
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
I hope BFL follows through with the sample chips at a reasonable date so PCB's and components can be tested and worked on w/o someone having to tear apart their Jalapeno to scavenge the chips   Tongue

For the Heatsink&Fan, are any AM2 HS w/ 92mm Fans going to fit?  Can get some great deals on them these days even for the Direct contact heatpipe versions.  The DC Heatpipe w/ 92mm cool better then most 120mm fans w/o DC pipes.  I wish I could remember the the brand of HS&F that some other Group buy was using on their boards...Think they were able to order direct and get a nice bulk discount.

Any new info on how many chips per board will be used?  Hoping for 6 if the board design can handle it.
legendary
Mr. Teal, how many chips you ordered, can you put Orders list?
Number order Butterfly labs? Huh

Estimate date chips arrival...  

Hi Doken,

Estimated arrival for the chips is 95 days, IE I haven't heard anything other than the 100 day lead time.
The order number with BFL is 1000679XX.
We ordered 1200 chips. I am not going to put out a list of individual orders within that, as I haven't asked if people are willing to have that disclosed.

Thanks for putting in the work to get it done. 1200 is a good size number!

Activity: 320
Merit: 250
Spanish Translator
Thanks MrTeal!!!!  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1274

Hi Doken,

Estimated arrival for the chips is 95 days, IE I haven't heard anything other than the 100 day lead time.
The order number with BFL is 1000679XX.
We ordered 1200 chips. I am not going to put out a list of individual orders within that, as I haven't asked if people are willing to have that disclosed.
Activity: 320
Spanish Translator

Activity: 826
I am interested. I have some chip credits I wish to potentially use. Avalon chips are already my self-assembly challenge and especially considering the BGA, I have no interest in assembling miners myself with their chips.

Hey guys, the chip buy is closed. Please don't send me any more BTC or codes, unless you want to make a donation. Smiley

The buy was done today, so we're in the queue to get chips on their way. Thanks to everyone who participated or expressed interest.

I think this GB is finished... But you can join my...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bfl-chip-groupbuy-275chip-50-btcpaypalsepa-420-sold-0100-batch-4-238052
Activity: 471
Merit: 256
I am interested. I have some chip credits I wish to potentially use. Avalon chips are already my self-assembly challenge and especially considering the BGA, I have no interest in assembling miners myself with their chips.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Once the price crashes and the hash rate stabilizes, we won't see large increases in hash rate without a corresponding uptick in prices.  But we have to reach 50x the pre-asic hashrate before this is likely to happen.  ASICs have already been way over ordered. 
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Yeah but you instantly exchange ltc to btc.

I started mining about 3 months ago with GPU's.
I mined BTC for about 3 hours and then switched to litecoin.  Have not mined BTC since.
And based on the pricing of all these group orders I question whether
it's worth it even if they actually deliver on time. 
Constant increases like 18% in difficulty will put us at 250,000,000 on 1/1/14.  At 5 GH/s you will
make about $8 a week.  And based on the pricing/estimates for these BFL chips/boards/assembly/delivery
I don't think it's going to show a profit.  At least not for a few years.  I could be wrong.
I ordered two Jala's late (April) and did an analysis of revenue based on 18% increases.
Here is the result if anyone is interested.  http://tinyurl.com/llahjrd
It's not pretty.
Activity: 826
It will stoup increasing so fast I'm sure...
legendary
Using those numbers it looks good for folks that have ASIC in hand. My units mines at nearly a constant 7.8 Gh/s and has earned back about $120 of its investment. So with your numbers it should produce maybe 1000 bucks in profit by the end of the year. Wish I had preordered 50 of them.
legendary
Activity: 1593
I started mining about 3 months ago with GPU's.
I mined BTC for about 3 hours and then switched to litecoin.  Have not mined BTC since.
And based on the pricing of all these group orders I question whether
it's worth it even if they actually deliver on time. 
Constant increases like 18% in difficulty will put us at 250,000,000 on 1/1/14.  At 5 GH/s you will
make about $8 a week.  And based on the pricing/estimates for these BFL chips/boards/assembly/delivery
I don't think it's going to show a profit.  At least not for a few years.  I could be wrong.
I ordered two Jala's late (April) and did an analysis of revenue based on 18% increases.
Here is the result if anyone is interested.  http://tinyurl.com/llahjrd
It's not pretty.
legendary
There are two options though, gpu miners will quit, btc price will rise as it already has.

I am sure that most GPU miners will move to litecoin. A good chunk probably have already. The hobbiest is being squeezed out of bitcoin.
I wonder how many GPUs you will need to keep up in LiteCoin... maybe 50 - 100?
Activity: 420
most of gpus moved to LTC mining by now and I moved my gpus to LTC mining.
Pages:
Jump to: