Pages:
Author

Topic: Guard your Bitcoin with Stainless Steel Cold Storage - page 4. (Read 4549 times)

Q7
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Looks good. 200g probably won't weigh too much especially if you can just insert it into a wallet and it won't crumble easily like what a paper does. The arranging of the private keys part is a bit worrying and I'm not sure how can you make a piece of steel stick onto the other piece. Not sure if the arrangements on the steel plate can drop off easily. Other than this, everything looks pretty cool.
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
peace of mind for your private keys and passwords
How do I buy one of these?

We will soon start crowd-founding campaign - the most important thing is to get the feedback form the crowd - this is not a final design, and lots of upgrades are coming!!!
Also we need monies for special tools for our production line.
You will be pleased with the final product, boxing and design!
Just keep an eye on us - and we are open for suggestions and waiting for feedback!
http://get.cryptosteel.com, http://twitter.com/cryptosteel, http://fb.com/cryptosteel
Activity: 76
peace of mind for your private keys and passwords
This looks pretty awesome!
This looks good.
This metal wallet looks smart.
i love the design.
Looks pretty cool

@Megabyte, @LaudaM, @PolarPoint, @ajareselde, @thejaytiesto, and others: Thank you! It is hard to describe haw happy I am! Last year working hard to find all weak points and make Cryptosteel - “bullet-proof” I am so proud that people like it! AWESOME !!! AWESOME!!!!
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!
Any word on exact price yet? How do I buy one of these?

Here's the official thread -> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cryptosteel-the-ultimate-cold-wallet-private-key-storage-system-977486
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
This looks pretty awesome!

Your house can burn but your bitcoins still safe. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
This looks good.
I just hope the price dosnt come too high, <50$ seams ok, but anything above is too much and people will look at other products.
Exactly my though. This could get a lot of orders if the price is right. This is security done right.
This just confirms my thoughts that securing ones Bitcoin will keep getting easier in the future.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
This metal wallet looks smart. Engraving private keys is not going to work. The best way is to supply multiple sheets of letters and number. The owner insert the letters into the metal wallet himself.

The price is going to be an issue. It is not cheap to produce metal wallets and shipping is not going to be low.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
it looks really good, but i am afraid it will be too expensive to me

I cannot see them being much more than $20 - $30 which is kind of expensive but you will not need to worry about it being destroyed like a paper wallet and it does look kind of cool if i am honest. There will be many bitcoin guards to come i am sure so we will soon have some competition which will lower the asking price can only be good Smiley "We set our  target price between a bottle of rum and pair of sneakers."
legendary
Activity: 1722
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
It certanly does have advantages over regular paper wallets, since its more durable,not easily destructible,etc.. and i love the design.
The first thing that crossed my mind when i saw the picture was, i must weigh a lot, but it seams that its only ~200 grams weight, which isnt much at all.
I just hope the price dosnt come too high, <50$ seams ok, but anything above is too much and people will look at other products.

cheers
Activity: 97
It sounds interesting as an option
Activity: 854
it looks really good, but i am afraid it will be too expensive to me
legendary
Activity: 1050
I like the idea of it being able to be used with multiple coins. I know that with physical coins we can just use the private key of the altcoin but those aren't intended for the purpose of other coins.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
Looks pretty cool, but I would carry all my main bitcoin stack on a wallet at home. If they get at home, the least of your worries would be the material the storage is made off. As long as it's digitally encrypted it's all that matters imo.
Pages:
Jump to: