Pages:
Author

Topic: Guess who got a HashFast Baby Jet today.......... - page 3. (Read 7242 times)

Activity: 386
Merit: 250
The noise sounds like the fan is rubbing up against one of the radiator blades...  Were there any leaks with the water cooling?

So far, 1/1 units appear to have significant damage upon arrival.   Is anyone keeping a tally?  Might not hurt to start one.

Also - You might want to consider giving them a call to discuss a warranty claim (i think they only warrant these devices for a couple weeks).  At the very least, they can start to resolve the issues and they may end up shipping you a replacement unit.  Sounds like they have very serious issues to resolve.

Replaced fans and what happened was that the plastic holding the fan in place snapped in shipping due to (and I am guessing) the weight of the fan and bouncing around in the box.  The fans work but they need to be mounted and no amount of glue is going to fix that, lol.

Gave them a call and went to voice mail, emailed and nothing.  Probably is a warranty thing but sure they are not going to deal with it.  I was lucky with BFL wanting to fix fans but they are the exception.  I wanted them to know so they can avoid this with other people who may not want to fix their gear like I did.  Easier to avoid trouble then to fight your way though it.

I think so, I am now guessing that my unit is acting up due to heat.  I have noticed it shutting down and then one I pulled the front cover to let more air in it seems to be doing better.  Oh well, might need more fans, :-(.

Water leaking no, this is a closed system which has me worried but it seems to be working.  I hope HashFast put the coolant in.

eh, you are no KNC.....

Cool  That's true...

HashFast's chips are about 3 times more powerful when compared on a GH per sq.mm basis.

HashFast is shipping with top-shelf quality Sea Sonic PSUs, so our customers won't have to put up with exploding/self-immolating units like KNC's did.

In addition, HashFast lined up an exclusive with CIARA, which means HashFast machines will be assembled and shipped with utmost expediency (no random guys helping load some random van), in professional/durable packaging.

That means double-walled boxes, so HashFast customers' hardware won't arrive broken like so much of KNC's did.

Finally, (again unlike KNC) HashFast has been working closely with ckolivas for a long time to ensure cgminer works flawlessly with our innovative new GN Protocol, Global Work Queue, etc.

Oh you with your facts, now stop that, people are hoping this stuff will all go away.  Nice catch and cool find LOL.
So you didn't know this was coming in? You didn't get tracking ahead of time via email or anything? What kind of shipping was it? Ground, next day?

I have 12 of these in Batch 1. I wonder if they're going to go through with MPP..

Well I was guessing it would show up soon but no I was not sure.  I did not get an email or tacking number or anything.  It came FedEx and it was next day.  Batch one people got upgraded a while back to like overnight FedEx or something. 

Sorry about that 12 units, hope you paid cash.  They better support the MPP that is the only reason I did not take a refund.  I would think that if they got mine to me and your in batch one you should see something soon. 

Good luck man, you and I have been doing this for some time and you would think by now these companies would do a better job.  Its getting to the point that it is just better to buy coins but it is fun to mine which is why I only bought one of these.
HDSolar, to overclock just change the cgminer settings.

default cgminer argument is --hfa-hash-clock 550

try changing it up a little at a time while watching the temp. so goto 570, 590, etc.  Wonder why they wouldn't give you some basic instructions. I know this from looking at the cgminer code.
Cool, thanks.  It has been a while since I played with this stuff so thanks for the help. 

HashFast made sure to put a letter in the box saying that if I do overclock that it will void the warranty.  This thing keeps shutting off and then back on so for now going to let it run.  Maybe in a week or two once more of these have come out I will pump it up.
why do you think your going to make alot of coins at 400gh?
Oh I don't, sorry guess the sarcasm did not come across.
Activity: 761
Merit: 500
Mine Silent, Mine Deep
Congrats with your BJ!

To get a sense of where they (HF) are in the shipping queue, would you mind sharing your order#? http://hashfast.com/order-chain/

Thanks & please keep us in the loop regarding stability, power use and overclockability Smiley
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
Just out of curiosity, did you buy with Bitcoin and did they send you a forced refund USD check as a well as the hardware?

That might be the best way for them to get their btc buyers off their back.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
The noise sounds like the fan is rubbing up against one of the radiator blades...  Were there any leaks with the water cooling?

So far, 1/1 units appear to have significant damage upon arrival.   Is anyone keeping a tally?  Might not hurt to start one.

Also - You might want to consider giving them a call to discuss a warranty claim (i think they only warrant these devices for a couple weeks).  At the very least, they can start to resolve the issues and they may end up shipping you a replacement unit.  Sounds like they have very serious issues to resolve.

Replaced fans and what happened was that the plastic holding the fan in place snapped in shipping due to (and I am guessing) the weight of the fan and bouncing around in the box.  The fans work but they need to be mounted and no amount of glue is going to fix that, lol.

Gave them a call and went to voice mail, emailed and nothing.  Probably is a warranty thing but sure they are not going to deal with it.  I was lucky with BFL wanting to fix fans but they are the exception.  I wanted them to know so they can avoid this with other people who may not want to fix their gear like I did.  Easier to avoid trouble then to fight your way though it.

I think so, I am now guessing that my unit is acting up due to heat.  I have noticed it shutting down and then one I pulled the front cover to let more air in it seems to be doing better.  Oh well, might need more fans, :-(.

Water leaking no, this is a closed system which has me worried but it seems to be working.  I hope HashFast put the coolant in.

eh, you are no KNC.....

Cool  That's true...

HashFast's chips are about 3 times more powerful when compared on a GH per sq.mm basis.

HashFast is shipping with top-shelf quality Sea Sonic PSUs, so our customers won't have to put up with exploding/self-immolating units like KNC's did.

In addition, HashFast lined up an exclusive with CIARA, which means HashFast machines will be assembled and shipped with utmost expediency (no random guys helping load some random van), in professional/durable packaging.

That means double-walled boxes, so HashFast customers' hardware won't arrive broken like so much of KNC's did.

Finally, (again unlike KNC) HashFast has been working closely with ckolivas for a long time to ensure cgminer works flawlessly with our innovative new GN Protocol, Global Work Queue, etc.
Activity: 434

Looks like a solid 400Gh.  At this rate I should get my coins back in about three to six years give or take. .

He doesn't.
Activity: 991
So you didn't know this was coming in? You didn't get tracking ahead of time via email or anything? What kind of shipping was it? Ground, next day?

I have 12 of these in Batch 1. I wonder if they're going to go through with MPP..
Activity: 434
HDSolar, to overclock just change the cgminer settings.

default cgminer argument is --hfa-hash-clock 550

try changing it up a little at a time while watching the temp. so goto 570, 590, etc.  Wonder why they wouldn't give you some basic instructions. I know this from looking at the cgminer code.
Activity: 378

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

Thx mate! Finally some good/better news after all.

Question: what exatly was so difficult with the raspberry? as i havent worked with one before too.

edit: did you have to install cgminer on the raspberry or was it preinstalled?

Well nothing really was that hard about the PI but I will say that if you go to the web and look up the unit that will be wrong.  HashFast is providing an SD card with mining software loaded on it which is Minepeon and I found more about that thanks to Google which was the trick to get the unit running.  There were no directions provided to say hey you are going to need to use Minepeon so look it up.  I was figuring I could use my Windows setup or something but nope, you need to you exactly what they give you and set it up in total before you turn it on.  Make sure you have a monitor with HDMI cable plus a USB keyboard or you will not be happy. 

If I had some past experience with this kind of setup then it would have taken about five minutes to get this rig running (not including swapping out the broken fans) but having never done this setup with this software it took about an hour.  I have had other Lilliputian CPU's but not the PI so this was a twist that I am glad I got to check out but it was an expensive learning curve.

On a side note since I have had the unit running again with all fans working the rig has shut down twice but started right back up.  Again not sure why but I really hope other HashFast customer (us poor soles) start talking about our gear and what it dose and how it works.  It is fun to be first but not when stuff not working right and no one else knows what to do.  HashFast should know but not sure if they have time to return questions now.

Good luck,
What speed is it hashing at?
Looks like a solid 400Gh.  At this rate I should get my coins back in about three to six years give or take.  All joking aside I had some 120mm fans so switched those out with the broken ones then I flipped the power on and off a few time on the unit and it came up (why don't know, probably a bad PSU).  Looking at the specks on the PI the unit is very stable at 400Gh.  Now it popped up to 500Gh one point but that was just for a short time on one start up today.  The letter they sent also reads that you can overclock the unit to get it up to 550gh but how you do that I have no idea.  One would probably need to go into the PI and play with the settings and since that is all new to me I will pass on that.
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
Thx mate! Finally some good/better news after all.

Question: what exatly was so difficult with the raspberry? as i havent worked with one before too.

edit: did you have to install cgminer on the raspberry or was it preinstalled?
Activity: 728
What speed is it hashing at?
Just enjoying the day off and was about to do some much needed catching up on work around the house when the doorbell rang.  Fedex with a box from HASHFAST.  So I took some crappy videos to show you all that they do ship gear.

First, yes it would have been better to keep the coins then to buy the rig but back then who knew we would be at this price per coin right now.
Second, I was number six on the list so not sure where everyone else lands in the order spectrum but I am also in California so I am sure others will be getting their units soon.
Third, am I happy, well kind of but not really.  In the last two videos you will see that the fans need to be replaced so right now I need to go get fans or ear plugs.  Plus I don't think the PSU is that great, I had to switch it on and off a few time to finally get it to catch.  I am going to watch this unit to make sure it does not overheat, catch fire or anything else.  I think I am starting to understand the name of the unit.  Sounds like a crying baby and now I think I need to watch it like one.
Fourth, Is it working, yes but if you think Butterfly Labs sucks then all I have to say is you have not bought gear and you run video cards.  Not that I want my BFL gear back but wow this was not easy to setup at all.  I am not the best computer guy in the world but I don't need help working a mouse either and this was a bit hard compared to other gear I have had and worked with.  I want HashFast to work out and all the other companies that try to do what they are doing but you have to do as good or better then BFL.  Right now BFL is doing better as of today, sorry guys.

So the good news is that I have the miner protection program so I guess I might be getting three more of these?  Hooray, I think?

Video one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoxG2WH3mZM
Video two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIgD3hlL1_I
Video three (By the way I did want it upside down, so thanks in advance to the remarks on that)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gESxjkwECNw
Video four
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YPvTnOXp7Q

PS: Don't have a killowatt on it so I can only hope the power is what is should be listed for now.  Will put one on later but for now just happy it is running.  Need to see how many coins I am going to get on this.
Pages:
Jump to: