Pages:
Author

Topic: GUI mining - updated Dec 3 with 7970 bugfix, also supports Stratum! - page 62. (Read 3231923 times)

Activity: 411
Merit: 250
Thanks dishwara, I made an updated EXE. It's the same code as yesterday but extracts to a folder properly.

poclbm-gui-20110321.exe (self-extracting archive)

AccessDeniedAccess Denied72EA828F04C56FF0iuCuswm/nar6ShLdI2bXg9gB12dMflTG1m/9/jBkpamxVJncYvrt8caTvsa3GSys

X2

Third times the charm...
AccessDeniedAccess Denied05BDDFDB7079F8EBcjXJCpFJrVWrWNmkOxVm0R8WKRbvlPcSwgOJKAyJ4v3UU+N5BQ6zwg+T6/sHanej
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Thanks dishwara, I made an updated EXE. It's the same code as yesterday but extracts to a folder properly.

AccessDeniedAccess Denied72EA828F04C56FF0iuCuswm/nar6ShLdI2bXg9gB12dMflTG1m/9/jBkpamxVJncYvrt8caTvsa3GSys

X2
legendary
Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

Activity: 124
Merit: 100
Can't download last exe, it only saves xml file.
Kiv
Activity: 162

legendary
A new version of the miner is available; I've updated the download link on the first post, or you can get it here:

poclbm-gui-20110320.exe (self-extracting archive)

Changes since the last version:

- Use self-extracting archive so 7-zip is not required.

- Add number of shares mined per hour to summary panel. Shares are displayed as "100 (50)" meaning 100 shares total, 50 in the last hour.

- Add option to temporarily pause all running miners from the tray icon's context menu. All paused miners can later be resumed by unchecking the same menu item.

- Support for securely checking pool balance using a private token. The first time you try to check your balance, you'll be redirected to the pool website where you can get a special token. With this token you can check your balance from within the GUI. This method avoids storing the actual account username/password on your local computer. Currently slush's pool and BTCMine support this method, others probably will soon.

- Updated to latest poclbm code.

- Fix bug in the summary panel where the hash rate would remain even after all miners were stopped.

- Fix bug where old config files containing unrecognized mining servers would cause an exception on startup. Thanks to dishwara for reporting this.

- Fix bug where the hostname and port could not be entered for "Other" miners. Thanks to JWU42 for reporting this.

Small bug/glitch. seems you right clicked all the FILES & created sfx archive, extracting exe, extracts individual files in desktop, mess.
Copy files in a folder then convert that folder to SFX.

Those who got files in desktop, can sort files by date modified & put in a new folder.
Kiv
A new version of the miner is available; I've updated the download link on the first post, or you can get it here:

poclbm-gui-20110320.exe (self-extracting archive)

Changes since the last version:

- Use self-extracting archive so 7-zip is not required.

- Add number of shares mined per hour to summary panel. Shares are displayed as "100 (50)" meaning 100 shares total, 50 in the last hour.

- Add option to temporarily pause all running miners from the tray icon's context menu. All paused miners can later be resumed by unchecking the same menu item.

- Support for securely checking pool balance using a private token. The first time you try to check your balance, you'll be redirected to the pool website where you can get a special token. With this token you can check your balance from within the GUI. This method avoids storing the actual account username/password on your local computer. Currently slush's pool and BTCMine support this method, others probably will soon.

- Updated to latest poclbm code.

- Fix bug in the summary panel where the hash rate would remain even after all miners were stopped.

- Fix bug where old config files containing unrecognized mining servers would cause an exception on startup. Thanks to dishwara for reporting this.

- Fix bug where the hostname and port could not be entered for "Other" miners. Thanks to JWU42 for reporting this.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I know its a silly question, but has anyone gone back to the poclbm-gui-20110306 version ?

The latest version had some sort of bug with the speed where a constant Mhash/s will spike up, i.e from a 350 Mhash/s to let say 500 Mhash/s.

As a result I revert back to the 306 version.

I would like to ask if the 306 is okay for solo mining when compared to the latest 311 ?

Or does the 311 have updates that are superior in terms of solo mining?

Cheer!
Activity: 30
I've been coding since I was 11, but I don't think it's fair to rag on people who don't know what 7z is or don't even understand what compression means.

We should be encouraging everyone to use bitcoin and mine bitcoins even if they are "n00bz".

Ideally, the gui miner can be merged with the official client. 

Ideally the official client will support encrypted wallets out of the box.

Ideally anyone can download an exe and be up and running in minutes.  Ideally.  Until then let's try to do everything we can to help new users out.  Just saying.

When you got teased in school for playing video games, or programming or playing magic the gathering it was bullying, but now we find it funny to make fun of people online.  We should be better nerds.

But seriously kid, has your dad given you permission to use his computer?    Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000
Kiv - I kinda agree with you.  If you don't know .7z then maybe BTC isn't for you...

Looking forward to the fix to add other pools...
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097
That guy is 10 and should not be installing software on his father's computer without permission - I'm not sure you can say that he is a good example Smiley

Ok ok, I didn't know it when I wrote the post Wink.
Kiv
That guy is 10 and should not be installing software on his father's computer without permission - I'm not sure you can say that he is a good example Smiley

But, there is an exe installer further up in the post created by theGECK. I will try the SFX mode today too suggested by dishwara.

Hello Kiv,

as I expected, there are already people who don't know 7z and cannot handle it. Is the exe installer coming soon? Smiley
legendary
Hello Kiv,

as I expected, there are already people who don't know 7z and cannot handle it. Is the exe installer coming soon? Smiley

Kiv why don't you at least use sfx archive on 7z?
It creates a single exe & clicking it extracts to any folder wanted. simple way. You can do it for now temporarily , then you can create installer as slush says.
legendary
I just started using the GUI miner, and I'm only getting 2% efficiency.  Running the command line poclbm-mod I was getting between 50 and 90% efficiency.  I have a 9600 GSO, currently running no flags and averaging 21Mhash/s. Any ideas why my efficiency is so low or what I can do to fix it?  I can go back to the old command line miner if I have to, but I'm a GUI kind of person.

Your "efficiency" measure is your hashrate. Nothing more. If your pool admin doesn't like the traffic which you generate to the server, choose another pool.
Activity: 14
I just started using the GUI miner, and I'm only getting 2% efficiency.  Running the command line poclbm-mod I was getting between 50 and 90% efficiency.  I have a 9600 GSO, currently running no flags and averaging 21Mhash/s. Any ideas why my efficiency is so low or what I can do to fix it?  I can go back to the old command line miner if I have to, but I'm a GUI kind of person.
legendary
Hello Kiv,

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000
Sorry, this is a bug that snuck in. There'll be a new version this weekend with it fixed.

@Kiv,

When you choose "other" Server where can you manually enter the data (server address and port)?

I have same problem, I am trying to switch a miner to BTC pool from solo.

Thanks Kiv!!!
Kiv
Sure, this is doable.

Kiv a request.

Is it possible to add a timer to know how many shares were mined for an hour.
fixed 1 hour or custom-able timer , its ur choice according to code & knowledge.
It will be very useful to know how many shares mined per hour, as yesterday it took me a hell lot to remember & mark it on paper.
Some servers mine more shares, some mines less & also -w128, w256, gives different no. of shares.
Since in GUI, many things are possible at least a fixed one hour timer to measure no. of accepted shares will be nice addiction.
Thanks.

Kiv
Sorry, this is a bug that snuck in. There'll be a new version this weekend with it fixed.

@Kiv,

When you choose "other" Server where can you manually enter the data (server address and port)?

I have same problem, I am trying to switch a miner to BTC pool from solo.
legendary
Kiv a request.

Is it possible to add a timer to know how many shares were mined for an hour.
fixed 1 hour or custom-able timer , its ur choice according to code & knowledge.
It will be very useful to know how many shares mined per hour, as yesterday it took me a hell lot to remember & mark it on paper.
Some servers mine more shares, some mines less & also -w128, w256, gives different no. of shares.
Since in GUI, many things are possible at least a fixed one hour timer to measure no. of accepted shares will be nice addiction.
Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: