Pages:
Author

Topic: GUI mining - updated Dec 3 with 7970 bugfix, also supports Stratum! - page 63. (Read 3231923 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003
@Kiv,

When you choose "other" Server where can you manually enter the data (server address and port)?

I have same problem, I am trying to switch a miner to BTC pool from solo.
Activity: 590
Merit: 500
you pay a high price for the pretty GUI.
The GUI itself has no performance hit, it's just that poclbm is running code meant for a GPU on a CPU.

I didn't take the effort to incorporate ufasoft's miner or other optimized CPU miner into the GUI since I don't think CPU mining has a future, but if this is something you really want, I invite you to either implement it yourself (I accept patches) or offer a bounty for it.

That's what I was meaning.  You pay a high price for using the miner with a GUI as opposed to a more optimum CPU miner without one.

I rather agree with the lack of future given that GPUs outstrip CPUs by 1+ orders of magnitude.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000
@Kiv,

When you choose "other" Server where can you manually enter the data (server address and port)?
Kiv
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
you pay a high price for the pretty GUI.

The GUI itself has no performance hit, it's just that poclbm is running code meant for a GPU on a CPU.

I didn't take the effort to incorporate ufasoft's miner or other optimized CPU miner into the GUI since I don't think CPU mining has a future, but if this is something you really want, I invite you to either implement it yourself (I accept patches) or offer a bounty for it.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
It says on the other end "unknown login" despite the fact I'm registered...
I had same problem on Deepbit and i solved it by creating password to worker and using that.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
I'm running into a problem.

I can never get passed the status "starting..."

It says on the other end "unknown login" despite the fact I'm registered...
Thanks for the reply Smiley
I solved all my probs (* ̄▽ ̄*)... I had to update the driver -.- (it's always the drivers...)
now I am mining at 70 MHhashs :O Still playing around with the extra flags ...

And the Communication issue was because of the errm -server argument, so simply starting the BitCoin client via guiminer solves this xD

Good Luck to you all Smiley
Hi,
I'm  total new to mining. But I got this thing running for a while now Smiley
but now it has been saying "Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC" for awhile :/
I've got an ATI RADEON 4850 graphics card and it's not listed in my devices list although I installed OpenCL.... ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

Hope someone can help me there....

Greetings Nut

PS: I've registered at slush's pool, but I am confused about the wallet: I know that Bitcoin is creating a wallet file on the PC and I know where it is but it
says I have to enter the address of my wallet - does he mean the path?. Also I have Win7/x64...

1. have you tried updating your graphics card driver?  and when you say openCL, you mean the ATI stream/APP SDK, right?

2. no, in the main window of bitcoin, there's a big long hex number called your address. looks like this
Hi,
I'm  total new to mining. But I got this thing running for a while now Smiley
but now it has been saying "Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC" for awhile :/
I've got an ATI RADEON 4850 graphics card and it's not listed in my devices list although I installed OpenCL.... ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

Hope someone can help me there....

Greetings Nut

PS: I've registered at slush's pool, but I am confused about the wallet: I know that Bitcoin is creating a wallet file on the PC and I know where it is but it
says I have to enter the address of my wallet - does he mean the path?. Also I have Win7/x64...
It says I need OpenCL or Ati stream SDK.

My IBM is a 8104 2eu http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-60650.html

What should I do?  Huh

Your graphics are not capable of being used for mining.  you're limited to CPU mining on that computer.

What CPU miner has an interface like this client?

you should be able to use the CPU as a openCL device after installing AMD's APP (formerly stream) SDK. (here).  you'd just select it in the device dropdown as he shows on the 2nd screenshot in the first post

however, this will not be as efficient as an optimized CPU miner like ufasoft's or puddinpop's.  i'm not entirely sure how much speed you'd lose.  i'll have to test that.

I typically lose 50-70%, depending on number of cores available.

that about matches with my brief testing on my laptop (AMD 1.9 GHz QL-60 dual core).  ufasoft's miner puts out 1.59 mhash, whereas this miner barely manages 1.  you pay a high price for the pretty GUI.

edit: doing a quick test on my desktop (core2 duo e6850) is even worse.  i get 5.99 out of ufasoft, but poclbm only manages 1.6.
Activity: 411
Merit: 250

What should I do?  Huh

Your graphics are not capable of being used for mining.  you're limited to CPU mining on that computer.

you should be able to use the CPU as a openCL device after installing AMD's APP (formerly stream) SDK. (here).  you'd just select it in the device dropdown as he shows on the 2nd screenshot in the first post

however, this will not be as efficient as an optimized CPU miner like ufasoft's or puddinpop's.  i'm not entirely sure how much speed you'd lose.  i'll have to test that.

I typically lose 50-70%, depending on number of cores available.

What should I do?  Huh

however, this will not be as efficient as an optimized CPU miner like ufasoft's or puddinpop's.  i'm not entirely sure how much speed you'd lose.  i'll have to test that.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
Bounty manager (https://t.me/Gudwinn)

What should I do?  Huh

What should I do?  Huh

Activity: 30
Activity: 7
First of all thanks for making a nice little GUI.  My buddy introduced me to bitcoin this weekend so i'm still new to the whole thing.

I have everything working fine with my GPU, but my CPU isn't on the device dropdown?

My CPU is a i7 980X.  From what i've read I believe it should just be there so i'm guessing its not detecting it correctly?  Are there any logs I can pull to help troubleshoot?

Thanks
Activity: 406
Merit: 256
With my 5970 I can leave both miners running with -f 120 and I get normal FPS in games and when I drop out of them, hashing resumes full speed.
Activity: 696

Well I've been playing dragon age 2 for several hours now..

...awesome
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Hi, I haven't seen this happen. I'll check around for anything that could have caused it. It's probably not from overclocking - you should get an error about verification failed if your GPU is sending out bad shares.

Thanks bro, I am afraid that the spike will affect overall performance. Though I am hoping it is because the software has been optimized that increases overall throughput =P but seriously 1Ghash/s spike on a 5970 + 5850 setup? Wow!!
Activity: 30
Please could someone give me some advice on how to mine while playing games?

I want my GPU usage to be at 100% at all times but with priority given to the video game.

PLEASE HELP!

I've tried setting -f 120 but that doesn't help.

Thank you.

A combination which will eventually lead to problems.

Well I've been playing dragon age 2 for several hours now with both miners running on a crossfire 5870 setup.

I go from 0.65 Gh/s to 0.45 Gh/s while playing the game, but the frame rate is approx 20 fps.  If I disable one miner in crossfire mode my rate goes down to 0.33 Gh/s but still get 20 fps.

I tried disabling crossfire to have one gpu for the game and one for the miner, however, I want to be able to use the other gpu when I spend 10 minutes looking at a menu or doing something else non gpu intensive.

This game is not using a lot of my open
Pages:
Jump to: