Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Power Supply Analysis - page 3. (Read 23162 times)

Activity: 221
Merit: 100
Could be useful:

Who's Who In Power Supplies, 2014: Brands Vs. Manufacturers
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/power-supply-psu-brands,3762-4.html

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain
Hello there!!!!!

posted another problem here related to Ant S1 and 1000W PSU; hope you'll advise

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7902824
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
i dont know if it is right to ask this question here or not but hope you guys put me in right direction!!!

i have a LEPA 1000W PSU and would like to connect all of my mining hardware with it (as below list)

1 x wifi router
3 x Raspberry Pi Boards
1 x Gridseed Dual Miner
1 x Rock miner
1 x 20 ports USB hub
1 x 10 port usb hub

i know 1000W PSU will be more than enough to fulfill electricity needs for all above however i wanted to ask you what connectors should i use to connect all of above devices with the PSU and from where i can buy them.

i found one(see below) connector which fulfills power needs of gridseed and wifi router.

http://postimg.org/image/3xsh9izax/

thanks for any suggestion and advise

PCI-E to 2.1mm adapter for the gridseeds
PCI-E to 2.5mm adapter for the rockminer.
USB cable to Pis

I wouldn't power anything else off the PSU, you're better off getting their mains adaptors.

thanks bro, this what i thought that main adaptors will be good but i have only 2 main power sockets and on spare PSU so thought worth to give it a try.

Will cost you much less to just get a gangway or whatever they're called Tongue
legendary
i dont know if it is right to ask this question here or not but hope you guys put me in right direction!!!

i have a LEPA 1000W PSU and would like to connect all of my mining hardware with it (as below list)

1 x wifi router
3 x Raspberry Pi Boards
1 x Gridseed Dual Miner
1 x Rock miner
1 x 20 ports USB hub
1 x 10 port usb hub

i know 1000W PSU will be more than enough to fulfill electricity needs for all above however i wanted to ask you what connectors should i use to connect all of above devices with the PSU and from where i can buy them.

i found one(see below) connector which fulfills power needs of gridseed and wifi router.

USB cable to Pis

I wouldn't power anything else off the PSU, you're better off getting their mains adaptors.

thanks bro, this what i thought that main adaptors will be good but i have only 2 main power sockets and on spare PSU so thought worth to give it a try.
legendary
dogiecoin.com

1 x wifi router
3 x Raspberry Pi Boards
1 x Gridseed Dual Miner
1 x Rock miner
1 x 20 ports USB hub
1 x 10 port usb hub

USB cable to Pis

legendary
dogiecoin.com
Don't short it on the PSU itself, they're not the same pin outputs and many pins are bridged. Bad things may happen.
legendary
Activity: 974
Hi guys,

before I blow up my psu I'll better try to get some advise from the pros.

I want to get rid of some cables and short the (modular) psu at the plug side for kickstart. Can someone help and tell me which ones to short on my evga?

Same these

My EVGA. Which pins to short?

Thanks in advance!!
legendary

1 x wifi router
3 x Raspberry Pi Boards
1 x Gridseed Dual Miner
1 x Rock miner
1 x 20 ports USB hub
1 x 10 port usb hub

legendary
dogiecoin.com
3 on the 1200 is common and fine.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Does anyone have the Corsair 1500w:

AX1500i Digital ATX Power Supply — 1500 Watt Fully-Modular PSU

1500 Watts of continuous power, an incredible 94% efficiency rating, and Corsair Link desktop monitoring control make the incredible AX1500i the best enthusiast PC power supply you can own.

$449.99 USD

Do you think that I could run 4 Antminer S-1's? or should should I just run 3 on the Corsair AX1200i Digital ATX Power Supply — 1200 Watt Fully-Modular PSU.

Is anyone running  3 Antminer s1's on the Corsair AX1200i Digital ATX Power Supply — 1200 Watt?

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
the 1200 watt cosair is  the same as the 1200 watt sea sonic

http://www.amazon.com/SeaSonic-ATX12V-Platinum-PLATINUM-1200-SS-1200XP3/dp/B00JG5LSN8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401677299&sr=8-1&keywords=seasonic+1200

cost = 290

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Professional-Digital-Modular-Platinum/dp/B008Q7HUR0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401677342&sr=8-1&keywords=corsair+1200

cost = 325

but frankly the 1300 watt evga is pretty solid and far cheaper then the two above

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperNOVA-1300G2-ATX12V-120-G2-1300-XR/dp/B00COIZTZM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401677449&sr=8-1&keywords=evga+1300

cost = 195

these are all amazon prices no referral links .  the corsair and the sea sonic are better quality the the evga but a lot more up front.

I own a few evga 1300 and 1 sea sonic 1200   .  I do not own a corsair 1200
Activity: 221
Merit: 100
Do you find that the 1200AXs are that much worse then the AXIs?  You can generally get the axs for like $50 cheaper,  and the axi's only seem to add the fancy electronic monitoring stuff.

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
i would not, ever, EVER... buy or attempt to buy any bitcoin mining gear on ebay.

JG?
112bit?
where to buy new S1 miners?  in the US, who do you recommend? who should I avoid?

jones gear?

i think one CXM per at 500W will do. yes? thanks again!
legendary
dogiecoin.com
If I want to overclock the miners in the future, will the AX1200i have enough juice? Further consideration, is this really a good recommendation to power 3x S1 dual blade 180GH/s S1's now (~360W per) and then overclocked (~400W per)?

The longer you run a racecar in the red the sooner it is going to blow up. Hmmm.

again, thank you.

EDIT: I now see 1320W peak power on the 1200. So... why am I doubting Dogie?!

If you've got a less expensive solution I'm all ears.

AXI's are the bees knees and last forever, and will easily do 1300W 24/7. I personally run lots of CXMs.
If I want to overclock the miners in the future, will the AX1200i have enough juice? Further consideration, is this really a good recommendation to power 3x S1 dual blade 180GH/s S1's now (~360W per) and then overclocked (~400W per)?

The longer you run a racecar in the red the sooner it is going to blow up. Hmmm.

again, thank you.

EDIT: I now see 1320W peak power on the 1200. So... why am I doubting Dogie?!

If you've got a less expensive solution I'm all ears.
Damn! I got a reply from Dogie!? Thank you, sir.

So buy a single power supply and run all three. Reading about the on the fly power adjustments to save juice? Great stuff.

In my head I was hoping to pay ~$65 (+shipping) per power supply and pickup three. Read a post that had different tiers (build/components/quality) and I'd decided I don't need top top tier. I'd like to find the tier two solution at the tier three price. Can proper power be had for three S1's in the $250-275 range?

Someone once said that if you buy the best you won't be disappointed. Unfortunately money is an object.

Again thanks very much. Any additional recommendations / explanations are welcomed.

legendary
dogiecoin.com
have been reading for hours. i'm turning it over to you experts!

recommendations, please. best overall power supply for an S1 Dual Blade AntMiner.... not overclocked. In a four months I'd like to overclock with the same power supplies. need to power three dual blade machines.

amazing resource here, thanks all and thanks Dogie!

axi1200
have been reading for hours. i'm turning it over to you experts!

recommendations, please. best overall power supply for an S1 Dual Blade AntMiner.... not overclocked. In a four months I'd like to overclock with the same power supplies. need to power three dual blade machines.

amazing resource here, thanks all and thanks Dogie!
legendary
dogiecoin.com
does all PSUs need to be paperclip empowered?

edit: and i dont get, i have a seasonic 750 80plus gold: why this PSU is so low rated in your analysis Huh
Its all a relative scale, so 60 doesn't necessarily mean its a bad power supply, but that there are potentially other better buys out there.
Pages:
Jump to: