Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive RockMiner R3-Box Setup [HD] - page 4. (Read 22021 times)

Activity: 161
Merit: 100
digging in the bits... now ant powered!
That sux...

Low hashrate or just not working?
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Hey,

Anyone tried this on a p2pool?

Would be curious to see results.

Cheers

Chris

Incompatible.
Activity: 161
Merit: 100
digging in the bits... now ant powered!
Hey,

Anyone tried this on a p2pool?

Would be curious to see results.

Cheers

Chris
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
Can anyone confirm to us that the fan speed control on the R3 is working?

Someone who has one must be able to tell us!
Just pull the lan cable out of the pi (stops hashing) for 3-4min to see if the fan speed reduces

I can't seem to get it to save at full speed. Anyone else?
Activity: 119
Merit: 10

Someone who has one must be able to tell us!
Just pull the lan cable out of the pi (stops hashing) for 3-4min to see if the fan speed reduces
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Brainwashed this way
Will that firmware update work for the rk-Box also? They are basicly the same 4 blades.

Maybe, would take about 10 minutes to try if you've got an RK (which I don't), if we can track down an image file for this. I might have to rip one.

Could you add a step on how to image an sd card for an R3 please?

Will do if I can get an official copy of the SD card from somewhere. Cant find it on the repositories yet.

Update:  Firmware upgrade instructions for r3 does work with rk-Box with pi. On my two units(each has a pi) I had to ssh with pi then exit, then ssh a second time to allow for update. The first time you ssh to pi a corrupted dadabase error comes up, but once you fully exit and go back in everything works fine and update is applied. You can now adjust freq's at bottom of pools page.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

Small Video Rockminer R3-BOX Hashing 500++ Giga Hash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc5glg1g_K4
 Grin
Activity: 119
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
Yes, Zadig is for cgminer.
MM uses BFGMiner which uses the standard Sil Labs driver.

Multiminer wouldn't find any rocks, just my ant s1's. Maybe have to remove zadig driver?
Activity: 79
  I just ordered a Rpi.....
  Multiminer wouldn't find any rocks, just my ant s1's. Maybe have to remove zadig driver?
Activity: 322
3D Printed!
Thanks for the info. Are you using cgminer 4.4.1?

Actually I am using MultiMiner (www.multiminerapp.com)
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/multiminer-any-miner-any-where-on-any-device-free-open-source-cross-platform-248173

I just heard Windows/CGMiner/RK,R3,R-Box miners DO NOT play well with the SiLabs drivers I linked

MultiMiner uses BFGMiner for the backend so the SiLabs drivers work great with MultiMiner but for CGMiner I was told to use the Zadig driver when using CGMiner/Windows combo
  OK, I got the 4 r3rockbox blades recognized and 5 rbox miners. When I start cgminer 4.4.1 they all come on and the rbox's get up to 30gh/s but the 4 r3 blades only show 6-10 gh/s and keep restarting, after about a minute cgminer closes. Now it wont start, unplug the r3rockbox and the 5 rbox's work fine. Don't know what to do...
  I dont have a clue what to do......
 Thanks for the info. Are you using cgminer 4.4.1?
3D Printed!
 Just got my r3 rocketminer and trying to run it on windows 8. Devices list it as unknown and I cant get the zadig driver to load. Is there a different driver for this? I dont have a rpi.  Have 5 rbox 32 gh/s running on this computer, will they run together? Thanks

I cannot confirm Windows 8 but I have R-Box and RK-Box both running on Win7 x64, though they are hashing WAY lower than they should be (60Gh/s per blade currently  Cry )

The proper driver is available here...

CP210x USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers
http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/pages/usbtouartbridgevcpdrivers.aspx
  Just got my r3 rocketminer and trying to run it on windows 8. Devices list it as unknown and I cant get the zadig driver to load. Is there a different driver for this? I dont have a rpi.  Have 5 rbox 32 gh/s running on this computer, will they run together? Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
infact i think these will top 500+ GH no problem. This is the real Antminer S3 Killer right here!!!

Can you clarify what you mean by Antminer S3 killer?

It doesn't mean anything at this point given the 10%+ rejects...

I'd be willing to bet the S3 doesn't have this problem when it's released and actual hashrates will be comparable.

Maybe...

I left the R3 overnight and this is the speed i am getting:

Stable 515 GH/s! I expect the rejects rate drop further as well

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I am more interested in what the pool says it sees from this.  When the error rate is that high the pool tells you more about what the effect is on the number of shares you are getting.
For the cost difference over the Ant S3 the Rock R3 is going to need to be at 580+ Gh/s with 2-3% rejects to reach parity.  Assuming the S3 performs as advertised.  Although, even with that if your a bigger a miner you would have to consider the increased power draw of the R3 before slapping 10 on the shelves.

510 - 10% is 449 at the pool, which is what I'm seeing here.
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
infact i think these will top 500+ GH no problem. This is the real Antminer S3 Killer right here!!!

I'd be willing to bet the S3 doesn't have this problem when it's released and actual hashrates will be comparable.

Maybe...

I am more interested in what the pool says it sees from this.  When the error rate is that high the pool tells you more about what the effect is on the number of shares you are getting.
For the cost difference over the Ant S3 the Rock R3 is going to need to be at 580+ Gh/s with 2-3% rejects to reach parity.  Assuming the S3 performs as advertised.  Although, even with that if your a bigger a miner you would have to consider the increased power draw of the R3 before slapping 10 on the shelves.
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats

Maybe...

3D Printed!
cgminer: https://github.com/rockminerinc/cgminer-for-R-BOX/blob/master/cgminer-win0.3.1.zip

params: cgminer.exe --icarus-options 115200:1:1 -o (pool) -u -p --rmu-freq=320

Awesome, thanks mate!

I was able to get MultiMiner to detect my RK-Box and it is hashing away (only 80 Gh/s per blade but I have yet to move my R-Box miners and test a higher FREQ-currently 290)

Either way, stoked to have the rocket-miner hashing in MultiMiner!
Pages:
Jump to: