Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive RockMiner R3-Box Setup [HD] - page 5. (Read 22021 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
cgminer: https://github.com/rockminerinc/cgminer-for-R-BOX/blob/master/cgminer-win0.3.1.zip

params: cgminer.exe --icarus-options 115200:1:1 -o (pool) -u -p --rmu-freq=320
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
3D Printed!

Anyone know if the RK/R3 miners can be connected to a Windows PC via USB?
I guess it couldn't hurt to try eh?

Yes, they can.  There's info in one of the other rockminer threads...will dig it up for you when I get a minute.

Thanks mate, you rock! I have so much going on right now I am almost in system overload mode! ack Shocked Shocked Shocked

Yes, they can.  There's info in one of the other rockminer threads...will dig it up for you when I get a minute.
Activity: 322
3D Printed!

Activity: 372
Real Bets. Real People. By Anyone, on anything
infact i think these will top 500+ GH no problem. This is the real Antminer S3 Killer right here!!!

Can you clarify what you mean by Antminer S3 killer?

It doesn't mean anything at this point given the 10%+ rejects...

I'd be willing to bet the S3 doesn't have this problem when it's released and actual hashrates will be comparable.

Put it up on https://www.betmoose.com and see if there are any takers - sounds like a good bet to me!
infact i think these will top 500+ GH no problem. This is the real Antminer S3 Killer right here!!!

It doesn't mean anything at this point given the 10%+ rejects...

I'd be willing to bet the S3 doesn't have this problem when it's released and actual hashrates will be comparable.
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com

Look at your reject rate, you won't be getting that at the pool.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Can we not use normal USB mini to usb cables or do we have to use USB-MCU cable to connect up the boards?

I'm not sure, I can't see any reason why you couldn't use the mini to usb directly (not tried it) as that's all its doing anyway. You do need the little green standoff PCB though, it doesn't work directly to the mining card.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
You wrote:
Units are only stackable when mounted on their sides due to the interference of the PCI-E and Raspberry Pi wires.

There's no way to route all of the wires through the end pieces?

Not if you want to use the onboard hub. Strictly the unit is already on its side as pictured, so its not really a problem at all. Look at the end pieces and where the screws are for the correct orientation and stacking.
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
They have done something because these babies are tons more stable. No need to wait 1-2 hours to warm up. Straight out of the gate i am getting 490 - 500 gh/s on mine with no configuration. Simply plug and play. Here are some pictures:

Screenshot of cgminer in webUI:

Dogie, sorry i know my camera is not up to much but i had to share this!
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Owner, Minersource.net
dogie,

thanks for another great review. Any idea what the upgrades are compared to the rocket box? Seems by looking at the pictures they cleaned up the design a bit. Any other real world things?

Steve

Nope, no other changes.
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
Can we not use normal USB mini to usb cables or do we have to use USB-MCU cable to connect up the boards?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
dogie,

thanks for another great review. Any idea what the upgrades are compared to the rocket box? Seems by looking at the pictures they cleaned up the design a bit. Any other real world things?

Steve
Activity: 512
You wrote:
Units are only stackable when mounted on their sides due to the interference of the PCI-E and Raspberry Pi wires.

There's no way to route all of the wires through the end pieces?

legendary
dogiecoin.com
Will that firmware update work for the rk-Box also? They are basicly the same 4 blades.

Maybe, would take about 10 minutes to try if you've got an RK (which I don't), if we can track down an image file for this. I might have to rip one.

Could you add a step on how to image an sd card for an R3 please?

Will do if I can get an official copy of the SD card from somewhere. Cant find it on the repositories yet.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Woof!  S1 on steroids.  Great Job, nice camera abeit expensive camera.
Activity: 280
Brainwashed this way
Will that firmware update work for the rk-Box also? They are basicly the same 4 blades.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
Another excellent guide by Dogie.

He / She / They are the go to people on forum for setting up your new miner.
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
Could you add a step on how to image an sd card for an R3 please?
Pages:
Jump to: