Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive SpondooliesTech SP30 Setup [HD] - page 2. (Read 20060 times)

cxz
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
and still waiting to be compensated. anyone else being ignored by spondoolies? anyone know a phone number for them?

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
The site says 2x1200watt power supplies and it's drawing 1500w from the wall.  But here is the kicker.. It says 3000w nominal power.  So does this machine operate at 2400w or 3000w at any given time?  Thanks

The machine will operate at 3000W. The PSUs can do 1200W, but they can be overclocked by 10% which would make them run at ~1320W. This is the power they feed to the chips. The power that they will draw will be 1500W per PSU.

Gotcha!  Thanks -  so a vanilla out of box sp30/31 will only draw 1200w per pus from the wall.  With OC 1500w?

No. The PSUs supply 2600W to the unit, but require up to 3000W from the wall in order to provide that power. They're about 90% efficient.

3000W wall usage
400W PSU inefficiency
2600W SP30 usage

Good stuff - thank you!
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
The site says 2x1200watt power supplies and it's drawing 1500w from the wall.  But here is the kicker.. It says 3000w nominal power.  So does this machine operate at 2400w or 3000w at any given time?  Thanks

The machine will operate at 3000W. The PSUs can do 1200W, but they can be overclocked by 10% which would make them run at ~1320W. This is the power they feed to the chips. The power that they will draw will be 1500W per PSU.
Thanks for clearing this up Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com

Gotcha!  Thanks -  so a vanilla out of box sp30/31 will only draw 1200w per pus from the wall.  With OC 1500w?

No. The PSUs supply 2600W to the unit, but require up to 3000W from the wall in order to provide that power. They're about 90% efficient.

3000W wall usage
400W PSU inefficiency
2600W SP30 usage
legendary
dogiecoin.com
If it is the same (size wise and PSU) how did they end up proposing a 5.5 TH/s compared to 4.5?

By forcing the little chips to work under pressure. Usually the performance increases with the experience gained .. heh.

No. There was a manufacturing blip with the first batches of chips causing them to underperform. The SP31 has this removed.

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

Activity: 571
Merit: 500
If it is the same (size wise and PSU) how did they end up proposing a 5.5 TH/s compared to 4.5?

By forcing the little chips to work under pressure. Usually the performance increases with the experience gained .. heh.
Although I do not have this miner I find that your guides are always thorough and easy to understand. Keep up the good work!

Oh, and do you get any of these machines for testing purposes or do you have to buy them out of pocket?

Its a mixture, this one was purchased.

Dogie,  do you have an order in for the SP31?  How is your overall satisfaction with the SP30?  Was shipping on time?  I pre-ordered SP31.   Looking forward to the 5.5 TH/s.

SP30 was fine, but too loud as expected. I don't believe in the race for power density when there are so many tradeoffs for no real gain. Stick it in a 4U case, give us quieter and cheaper PSUs and everyone is a winner. SP31 is no different to SP30 so I don't have an order.

legendary
dogiecoin.com
Although I do not have this miner I find that your guides are always thorough and easy to understand. Keep up the good work!

Oh, and do you get any of these machines for testing purposes or do you have to buy them out of pocket?

Dogie,  do you have an order in for the SP31?  How is your overall satisfaction with the SP30?  Was shipping on time?  I pre-ordered SP31.   Looking forward to the 5.5 TH/s.

SP30 was fine, but too loud as expected. I don't believe in the race for power density when there are so many tradeoffs for no real gain. Stick it in a 4U case, give us quieter and cheaper PSUs and everyone is a winner. SP31 is no different to SP30 so I don't have an order.
I'm not dogie and I don't have any SP30, but I'm very tempted to order 2 x SP31. So far Spondoolies-Tech makes a solid impression, they are fast on replying inquiries, the CEO (Guy) participates here on bitcointalk and answers inquiries himself as well. You even could fly to Tel Aviv, drive to their facility and pick-up a unit by yourself (though you would have to pay 18% Israeli VAT which you would have to let refund once leaving the country).

Of course I'm worried about the long time it takes to have a SP31 shipped, so this is no easy decision at all.

Exactly my thoughts as well except I will not be flying to Tel Aviv Wink

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Wanna buy a Tesla? Visit TeslaBargain.com first!
I'm not dogie and I don't have any SP30, but I'm very tempted to order 2 x SP31. So far Spondoolies-Tech makes a solid impression, they are fast on replying inquiries, the CEO (Guy) participates here on bitcointalk and answers inquiries himself as well. You even could fly to Tel Aviv, drive to their facility and pick-up a unit by yourself (though you would have to pay 18% Israeli VAT which you would have to let refund once leaving the country).

Of course I'm worried about the long time it takes to have a SP31 shipped, so this is no easy decision at all.

Who here has the SP30's installed and operational?  How are you finding it so far?  I missed out on September batch 2 and went with October batch for the SP31...

Activity: 714
Can this unit be turned off and on easily? For example, can the power be turned off and on without issue during a power outage or just because you wanted it off for a couple hours? Would you need to initialize anything and set it up again, or would it seamlessly start where it left off? Thanks!

Sure,  I don't see why not.
I don´t see any major problems with that, but the question arises: Why would you want to periodically turn a 4.5TH miner off?

Booting is done in less than a minute, and if you had a pool entered before the power went off, it will continue mining to that pool.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Can this unit be turned off and on easily? For example, can the power be turned off and on without issue during a power outage or just because you wanted it off for a couple hours? Would you need to initialize anything and set it up again, or would it seamlessly start where it left off? Thanks!

Sure,  I don't see why not.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
How did you arrive at the 300$ number?

Those are the shipping costs for one SP30 to Europe.

Unless you bought one in the group buy which includes shipping.
Activity: 714
How did you arrive at the 300$ number?

Those are the shipping costs for one SP30 to Europe.
Those are the worldwide shipping costs.

I highly doubt that a European facility can beat 227$/SP30/m on a 6-month contract.
Pages:
Jump to: