Pages:
Author

Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive SpondooliesTech SP30 Setup [HD] - page 3. (Read 20060 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Wanna buy a Tesla? Visit TeslaBargain.com first!
How did you arrive at the 300$ number?

Those are the shipping costs for one SP30 to Europe.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Simply put, there is no advantage of getting any of these miners into Europe.

You get cheaper hosting outside Europe than what you woul pay for electricty alone, never mind VAT.

If you are a VAT registered company, you reclaim the VAT on the hardware anyway. $300 is a small price to pay for control of your investment.
How did you arrive at the 300$ number?

Have a look at the hosting comparison thread (under service discussions), you will find that you can get hosting for as cheap as 0.1$/kWh on 6 month contracts.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com

You get cheaper hosting outside Europe than what you woul pay for electricty alone, never mind VAT.

If you are a VAT registered company, you reclaim the VAT on the hardware anyway. $300 is a small price to pay for control of your investment.
Activity: 165
i waiting an offer for hosting in Holland
do you have a good cheap hosting service ?

here in Greece we have 23 % tax + customs (i dont know ?)

here is a list i made ...

List of companies in EU sells asic miners
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/list-of-companies-in-eu-sells-asic-miners-743261

thank you
how much money did it cost to you to import it in EU shipping + charge taxs + customs ?
I don't know if that is directed at me, but I did decide against the SP30, simply because it's way easier to resell a bunch of used Antminer S3 second hand than one SP30.

Shipping on one SP30 to Europe is 300 USD, afaik there are no custom charges, but you will have to pay import VAT for sure (that depends the regular VAT rate of your country).
how much money did it cost to you to import it in EU shipping + charge taxs + customs ?
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Is any reseller in EUROPE for SpondooliesTech SP30 ?

spondoolies-tech = Israil

Reseller
GAW Miners = USA

Not that I know of.
Is any reseller in EUROPE for SpondooliesTech SP30 ?

spondoolies-tech = Israil

Reseller
GAW Miners = USA
Where do you live in Europe? It is very likely that there are hosting options available that are in fact cheaper than hosting it at your house. Additional VAT charges that apply when importing into Europe would also not need to be paid.

I'm here in Austria, VAT in not an issue (I can let our company purchase and run the hardware), and despite the fact that the lowest energy price I can get here at 0.11 EUR/kWh (excl. VAT) all calculations indicate so far that I'm better off with self-hosting.
There are good hosting solutions available starting at 0.07€/kWh, feel free to pm me if you need any infos.
Where do you live in Europe? It is very likely that there are hosting options available that are in fact cheaper than hosting it at your house. Additional VAT charges that apply when importing into Europe would also not need to be paid.

I'm here in Austria, VAT in not an issue (I can let our company purchase and run the hardware), and despite the fact that the lowest energy price I can get here at 0.11 EUR/kWh (excl. VAT) all calculations indicate so far that I'm better off with self-hosting.
Where do you live in Europe?

It is very likely that there are hosting options available that are in fact cheaper than hosting it at your house.

Additional VAT charges that apply when importing into Europe would also not need to be paid.
Does anyone know if it is possible to connect a SP30 to a three-phase 400V/50Hz power output common here in Europe (the voltage is in fact 3 x 240V and not 400V, but such a power connection is called like that).

I've just checked, all our regular 240V circuit breakers are only 13A, so I would need two separate circuits to run one SP30, whereas the three-phase 400V circuit has a 16A breaker, which would fit the bill, but I'm unsure it it's possible to use only two phases (2 x 240V) causing an asymmetric load.

Any idea on that matter?
I can also confirm the hashrate of 4.5TH at the pool for my first unit.

In fact it is nearly 100GH more, but it sometimes goes "down" to 4.5
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Box size and weight?

Its in the OP

The shipped weight of a SP30 is 16kg, dimensions of the shipping box are 750 x 600 x 160mm
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Box size and weight?
legendary
dogiecoin.com
what is the purpose of the micro SD, USB and serial interface?

Micro SD allows the unit to 'auto' update from firmware file on an mSD, serial allows 'force fed' update. I believe USB is/was intended for beta wifi dongle but its not ready yet.
Activity: 121
what is the purpose of the micro SD, USB and serial interface?
legendary
dogiecoin.com
Hello Dogie,

Two questions regarding the SP30:

Does it bring power cables?
Does it bring an ethernet cable?
Are the mounting ears robust enough?

Thx

No power or ethernet cables (hence they're in the what you need to get started section), mounting ears are fine. There are two rear stabilisers as well and SP30s aren't that heavy due to being 2U.
Pages:
Jump to: