Pages:
Author

Topic: [GUIDE] GridSeed 5-Chip USB, Blade & Black Miner Support/Tuning - page 13. (Read 308626 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 502
well, I

C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\minerd-gc3355>minerd-gc3355.exe -c config.json
minerd-gc3355.exe: config.json:18: '}' expected near '"log"'

C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\minerd-gc3355>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

I added "log" : true and got above error.
tnx reactor, nst6563 also explained it over pm.

I'm liking this sandors cpuminer. very neat.

now to enable log in the json is what I don't know how to do. I asked nst6563 over PM, sure he is writing it up as we type.

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Does it auto tune everytime it is restarted? or shutdown then started does it autotune again?

Generally you run autotune until it finishes, capture the final values, then re-start with those values and no autotune.  It is basically taking care of the step, test, step, test... for you so you get max performance per chip, but leaving it on indefinitely adds no value since it'll restart the step process again.

Does it auto tune everytime it is restarted? or shutdown then started does it autotune again?
Activity: 252
Merit: 254
Will this keep auto tuning? it don't even touch 361 KH/s.

GSD 0: | 855 MHz | 247.3/347.2 KH/s | A: 38 R: 0 H: 4

You should set log = true also so you have a record of the autotune results and how long it took.  When I ran autotune, I left it for a couple hours and checked back and it was finished.
Activity: 413
Merit: 10
Sandor, sorry to keep following up on this. If you don't fave time to investigate, is there a way to obtain the source code of 0.9F version so I can compare it to the latest one? Something must have changed and I can try to figure it out myself.

Works fine here.

Thanks for the response. Does it work for you when connecting to us-east01.miningrigrentals.com:3333? I don't know where the other port is coming from, it seems like they redirecting my connection.
It works fine on 0.9F

Code:
cpuminer-gc3355 (v0.9f) - Started: [2014-05-12 23:00:49]
===================================================================================
 (2s) | 3.39/3.64 MH/s | A: 1143 R: 3 HW: 41
 Connected to us-east01.miningrigrentals.com:3333 diff 512 with stratum as user toxic0n.749
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.

How many hours have you had it running for, and what was the start frequency?

legendary
Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000
Sandor cpuminer with Gridseed GC3355-Q64 55nm ASIC

does this look normal?

Nope. Make sure your supplying proper 12v power to your last two. Try them one at a time to see if they all work.
Sandor cpuminer with Gridseed GC3355-Q64 55nm ASIC

does this look normal?

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
I don't think --gc3355-timeout is needed anymore. I think I have fixed what is causing the GC3355 to stop hashing, if you send work and reset too fast, it will corrupt the registers. Solved it by waiting a minimum of 100ms before and 100ms after resetting.

Is there a Windows version of 1b compiled somewhere?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves.
I've tried both wafflepool and clevermining and result is the same.

I ihaven't yet tried cpuminer because I can't seem to image sd on my machine.

I had an issue recently, turns out a lot of the newer SD cards (HC/XS or whatever) have problems. Had to buy a little dedicated reader that plugged in to USB port and then it worked
I'm currently doing a test run of hashra and seems to be going well - only 30 minutes in though and 14% rejects... hmm! Will give it 24h
Clevermining seems to be reporting the correct rate. May test on multipool also

are your seeds volt-modded?
Activity: 112
Anyone successfully running more than 32 gridseeds on a Raspberry Pi (wheezy raspbian image)?

There seems to be a limit of 32 USB devices in the cdc-acm driver or something.
After 32 devices the system reports "no more free acm devices".

That can be subverted by increasing the limit in the source header and re-compiling Raspbian.
I've done a similar thing for the LightningAsic firmware.
Thnx, I was afraid for that Smiley
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Anyone successfully running more than 32 gridseeds on a Raspberry Pi (wheezy raspbian image)?

That can be subverted by increasing the limit in the source header and re-compiling Raspbian.
I've done a similar thing for the LightningAsic firmware.
Activity: 112

I had an issue recently, turns out a lot of the newer SD cards (HC/XS or whatever) have problems. Had to buy a little dedicated reader that plugged in to USB port and then it worked
I'm currently doing a test run of hashra and seems to be going well - only 30 minutes in though and 14% rejects... hmm! Will give it 24h
Clevermining seems to be reporting the correct rate. May test on multipool also

Has anyone encountered the following problem?:

I am running 20 grid seeds off a pi running hashra controlla (BFG). These are recently volt-modded 47.7k resistor to go about 510khsh.
Controller shows very little hw rejects at 1200.

PROBLEM: They are showing 510khsh on the controller, but poolside they only report about half that.

When I take I clock it back down to 800 from 1200, controller and poolside are aligned at about 340 per unit.

Thanks in advance for any help.

bump

Tried a different pool? Tried cpuminer?
I'm not technical enough to debug but it's worth ruling out some of the basics - pool, mining software
Has anyone encountered the following problem?:

I am running 20 grid seeds off a pi running hashra controlla (BFG). These are recently volt-modded 47.7k resistor to go about 510khsh.
Controller shows very little hw rejects at 1200.

PROBLEM: They are showing 510khsh on the controller, but poolside they only report about half that.

When I take I clock it back down to 800 from 1200, controller and poolside are aligned at about 340 per unit.

Thanks in advance for any help.

bump
Pages:
Jump to: