Pages:
Author

Topic: [GUIDE] GridSeed Blade (80 Chip) Miner Support/Tuning - page 5. (Read 38912 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 265
Hey guys! Nice guide.

Ive got a few questions.

1. Where to buy?
2. What do I need beside the G-Blade?

Thanks in advance Smiley

For switzerland you can buy ... from me ^^
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
Hey guys! Nice guide.

Ive got a few questions.

1. Where to buy?

Thanks in advance Smiley

Hi Depends on where you are ?

You will need a Good PSU 550w (i have seen posts about the PSU that included in the accessory pack where people are having issues)
2 (1 per Blade) good 5 core USB leads (not the 4 core ones)
A good powered USB 2 Hub
PC / Ras Pi
and you set

I have been running three blades from one 12V 30A PSU with no problems but not all PSUs are created equal as they say Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1003
NodeMasters
Hey guys! Nice guide.

Ive got a few questions.

1. Where to buy?

Thanks in advance Smiley

Hi Depends on where you are ?

You will need a Good PSU 550w (i have seen posts about the PSU that included in the accessory pack where people are having issues)
2 (1 per Blade) good 5 core USB leads (not the 4 core ones)
A good powered USB 2 Hub
PC / Ras Pi
and you set

legendary
Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005
Hey guys! Nice guide.

Ive got a few questions.

1. Where to buy?

Thanks in advance Smiley
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Thanks! Any Raspberry images have this latest compiled version or is there a way to make Hashra or Scripta use cpuminer?
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Seems Scripta (scripta-20140408.img.gz mox235 version) image for Rasberry Pi is not hashing stable and swings from 17Mh to 20Mh/s for my 4 Gridseed Blades. If I just use cgminer (http://cryptomining-blog.com/1990-updated-cgminer-3-7-2-with-support-for-gridseed-5-chip-and-80-chip-gc3355-asics/) on windows it will get a stable 22Mh/s, but the only problem is my gridseed blades doesn't always show up even when you unplug and replug in after started and using hotplug=5 or 10.

Using https://github.com/mox235/scripta (scripta-20140408.img.gz)   posted a new version and will test tonight, but bfgminer doesn't produce the same hash power as cgminer on miner or pool side. I can only get 14-16Mh/s with bfgminer.

Hashra 1.4 Image  (just released)  locks you to 800freq or 850freq which isn't good because 838freq is the sweet spot for blades to produce low hw errors. Yes I know a blade version will be released, but I need a solution today.

Only way to get cgminer to detect devices is update driver one by one to the STelectronic driver one then use zadig select device one by one to update WinUSB driver after starting cgminer. Once you close you need to revert the driver back to STelectronic and use WinUSB all over again which is crazy! Any tricks to have cgminer find the devices every time with no issues?

https://github.com/jmordica/cgminer-gc3355 seems to have it stable and doesn't have any issues?? (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guide-gridseed-blade-80-chip-miner-supporttuning-571255) but I don't know how to compile it for windows or update a raspberry image with his version, if it is stable??

Any feedback would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks,
Rob
Where are you guys purchasing your blades from? Im trying to find a reputable seller ... I see comm issues w/ atari02 (gawminers)... you guys get them anywhere else?

Dark seems to be reliable seller although also being hard to get ahold of.

A very good online seller is https://minereu.com

Yes, I can sell blades ... but at the moment I reduce it to people ... in switzerland (local pickup) ... to avoid getting to much dispatching work. But I might do dispatching for bigger orders to EU ... ust get in contact with me ... :-)
how can i get cgminer to always detect blades?
Activity: 17
Where are you guys purchasing your blades from? Im trying to find a reputable seller ... I see comm issues w/ atari02 (gawminers)... you guys get them anywhere else?

I work with sevengnomes.com so I am biased, but I bought mine from there too Smiley
Got it in 3 days, but I also live nearby, so probably 4-5 days for most.
If you are looking for someone prompt and trustworthy though, that's what I'd recommend.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Dark seems to be reliable seller although also being hard to get ahold of.

A very good online seller is https://minereu.com
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
Activity: 774
Merit: 500
Lazy Lurker Reads Alot
having an issue with mine it only shows GD 0  2.7 Mh
installed nasty zadig crap and i see 2 devices under devices but i only see 1 board hashing
not sure what the proper device command is for these blades
the one provided on the net constant gives improper command parameters and crash

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
waiting on mine too

pics of blades hashing on this site
-- Removed URL

Pretty sure that site is SCAM.

YES, it is a SCAM

Bitciondad has been posting that same line everywhere... He is behind the fake Lightning Asic, I did sent him a PM asking him to stop posting the Fake URL but obviously he things people are dumb.
as it is more or less the same as the gs5 ... I will move both support threads together ...

and close this thread

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/guide-gridseed-5-chip-usb-blade-black-miner-supporttuning-482352
legendary

thanks i tried that version of cgminer (3.7.2 i think from the crypto blog) from there but it doesn't work...just says no device detected. However i can get the modified version of bfgminer to work but the speed is a bit inaccurate.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
legendary

I have this working already in bfgminer and cgminer Smiley

15Mx8Veh2iryc4RawjqiEJKLpb68CFSxTp

Nice! can you please post some compiled versions on here and i will transfer the 0.2 btc straight away Smiley
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
just got my little babies in the post...i tried cgminer 3.2.7 + winusb drivers and chips=40 but i keep getting no devices detected  Huh Huh Huh

used bfgminer 3.10.0 but it is showing an inaccurate speed...actually the speed has been increasing but the first two columns are incorrect

0.2 btc bounty to the first person who gets version of bfgminer working that shows the correct speed Smiley

I have this working already in bfgminer and cgminer Smiley

15Mx8Veh2iryc4RawjqiEJKLpb68CFSxTp
Pages:
Jump to: