Pages:
Author

Topic: [GUIDE] GridSeed GC3355 5 Chip Setup/power/windows/linux/rpi by UnicornHasher - page 10. (Read 365535 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 251
Git and binaries have been updated.
TUI is included, and a number of bugs have been fixed.
A number of useful commands have been added, check --help for more info.
Win: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ttqa9p851siz8oi/minerd-gc3355.zip
Rpi: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xc3lvysi8vtrt00/minerd-gc3355

Sandor111 Thinking about giving your miner a try. Have you tried dual mining with this yet.Keep up the good work and thanks.
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
Yeah, thanks for this thread.

I've succeed in setup Gseed dual mode, mining for 12 hours, using wired molex and I get 7+ Ghs, 300+ Khs.
Now catching up how to reduce HW errors, but still glad I did it.

Definitely, I have to get few more of these "G-units"  Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
A word of a apreciation from me to all who contributed in the set up of Gridseed miner

Followed the instructions
1) downloaded BFGminer for Gridseed
2) donwloaded and installed stmp drivers
3) fixed my bat file with my settings

then I first istalled the USB cable on the computer without applying power
to the miner and saw that the computer recognised the miner and gave message your
device is ready to use.
Connected power

then run the BFG miner but will not hash..... a quick look on the bat file showed a fat fingers typo
then correction and run the BFG again...hashing since 12 hours now....

Great job thanks
legendary
Activity: 1270
I've searched for quite a bit, but is there a way to limit the number of Gridseed devices per cgminer instance in Windows? Say, calling devices 0-9 only per instance would be ideal. In testing my units average a higher accepted share rate when split amongst multiple instances.

--usb :10

...I think
Activity: 472
Merit: 250
I've searched for quite a bit, but is there a way to limit the number of Gridseed devices per cgminer instance in Windows? Say, calling devices 0-9 only per instance would be ideal. In testing my units average a higher accepted share rate when split amongst multiple instances.
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
I have 10 GSDs under a Raspberry Pi running the mox235 variant of cgminer (like girnyau, but with improved JSON output). I've been using Scripta, which does a decent job of presenting stats. But it doesn't seem to display discards.

I dumped the JSON summary from cgminer this morning. It tells me that I've had 8038 discards (under the "Discarded" key) in a little less than 16 hours. During the same period there were 5866 accepts, 37 rejects, and 24 hardware errors (I have a crappy GSD that I have to under clock to get any utility out of it). Local hash rate for the 10 units averages 3.61 Mh/s.

This was with the rig pointed at wafflepool. I'm getting a utility of 6.16 with that pool.

My question is whether these numbers are reasonable for GSDs on a multi-pool like wafflepool? Searches elsewhere indicated that having a high number of discards is not normal for GPU rigs. But I have no idea what is normal for GSDs on pools that switch coins.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Git and binaries have been updated.
TUI is included, and a number of bugs have been fixed.
A number of useful commands have been added, check --help for more info.
Win: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ttqa9p851siz8oi/minerd-gc3355.zip
Rpi: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xc3lvysi8vtrt00/minerd-gc3355
Activity: 817
Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com
Is there a way to make the 5 chip units start using CGMiner on Windows without having to start CGMiner and only then plug them in?

This often leads to issues of them not being picked up and this arduous process having to repeat itself multiple times until CGMiner identifies all of them.

Anyone?
Activity: 308
this is how I run them, I have previous version of sandors cpu miner, new one has some extra features but it should get you up running

minerd-gc3355.exe --gc3355=\\.\COM7,\\.\COM8,\\.\COM9,\\.\COM10,\\.\COM11 --gc3355-autotune --freq=1100 --url=stratum+tcp://xxxxxxx:xxxxxx --userpass=xx.xx:x

so replace the coms with yours etc.. you know the drill I think

where can i see my com port numbers? when i look in device manager all i see is STM32 Virtual COM Port for all of them?

have you been runing CGminer before? cause if you did you changed the drivers with zadig and do a manipulation to uninstall those and re install
the proper drivers
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
this is how I run them, I have previous version of sandors cpu miner, new one has some extra features but it should get you up running

minerd-gc3355.exe --gc3355=\\.\COM7,\\.\COM8,\\.\COM9,\\.\COM10,\\.\COM11 --gc3355-autotune --freq=1100 --url=stratum+tcp://xxxxxxx:xxxxxx --userpass=xx.xx:x

where can i see my com port numbers? when i look in device manager all i see is STM32 Virtual COM Port for all of them?

******edit i figured it out and it seems to be working but im confused how i can see my actual speed in cpuminer? im used to cgminer... Sad ugh i feel like a total noob all over again

***edit again dont really know what im looking at and im trying to decypher it but it looks to be running a hell of a lot better than cgminer was.!!!

https://github.com/siklon/usb-miner/tree/master/software/cpuminer

Short summary:
* Added hashrate statistics
* Added auto per-chip frequency tuning
* Added JSON API at port 4028 -> send {"get":"stats"} to get stats for each miner/chip
* Input any frequency you want

Code:
 -G, --gc3355=DEV0,DEV1,...,DEVn      enable GC3355 chip mining mode (default: no)
  -F, --freq=FREQUENCY  set GC3355 core frequency in NONE dual mode (default: 600)
  -f, --gc3355-freq=DEV0:F0,DEV1:F1,...,DEVn:Fn      individual frequency setting
  -A, --gc3355-autotune  auto overclocking each GC3355 chip (default: no)

It should work on Rpi, but I haven't tested it yet.

im looking for this cpuminer compiled for windows can someone point me to a place to download it? thanks in advance

look a few post up, sandor is the one that made it and the link is in his signature Wink

duhhhh!!!!!!! dont know how i overlooked that! Thank you!!!!

Ok so I downloaded the CPUminer for windows from Sandors signature but I can't figure out how to use it? I've been reading and reading and reading with no luck .... I have 14 gridseeds all have the 49.9k mod I can't get them to work with CPUminer all I get is dispatching new work to GC3355 threads <0x5f1b8182> if some can give me a sample .bat setup for auto tune I would highly appreciate it!!!!!!

Short summary:
* Added JSON API at port 4028 -> send {"get":"stats"} to get stats for each miner/chip

Code:
 -G, --gc3355=DEV0,DEV1,...,DEVn      enable GC3355 chip mining mode (default: no)
  -F, --freq=FREQUENCY  set GC3355 core frequency in NONE dual mode (default: 600)

im looking for this cpuminer compiled for windows can someone point me to a place to download it? thanks in advance

look a few post up, sandor is the one that made it and the link is in his signature Wink

duhhhh!!!!!!! dont know how i overlooked that! Thank you!!!!

Short summary:

Code:

Short summary:

Code:

Activity: 817
Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com
Is there a way to make the 5 chip units start using CGMiner on Windows without having to start CGMiner and only then plug them in?

This often leads to issues of them not being picked up and this arduous process having to repeat itself multiple times until CGMiner identifies all of them.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
Support for individual chip frequency is added. It’s possible to run regular USB miners and G-Blades on a single instance, because the number of chips is now auto detected.
Binaries (Win, Rpi) have been updated.
I'm still working on a summary like cgminer, almost done, but it feels like I'm reinventing the wheel.

I think you've mentioned something about an API but I can't find that post now. Does it have an API? Any other means to monitor it remotely short of scraping stdout? Thanks.

Yes, the API is accessible on port 4028, sending
Code:
{"get":"stats"}\n
will output a JSON encoded array with mining stats for each chip.
It's disabled on Windows though.

Great, I'll try it out. Thanks!
Support for individual chip frequency is added. It’s possible to run regular USB miners and G-Blades on a single instance, because the number of chips is now auto detected.
I'm still working on a summary like cgminer, almost done, but it feels like I'm reinventing the wheel.

I think you've mentioned something about an API but I can't find that post now. Does it have an API? Any other means to monitor it remotely short of scraping stdout? Thanks.

Yes, the API is accessible on port 4028, sending
Code:
{"get":"stats"}\n
will output a JSON encoded array with mining stats for each chip.
It's disabled on Windows though.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

Pages:
Jump to: