Pages:
Author

Topic: (GUIDE) Masternode, Node, Full Node / Masternode setup with screens. - page 2. (Read 1545 times)

legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
that Kalkulus looks like an empty common-template project, besides the fact its pretty much centralized (check chainparams) 🚨🚨🚨 https://github.com/kalkulusteam/klks/graphs/contributors

Why are you talking about this Kalkulus project here? I don't think I have written anything about this? Can you please explain?
legendary
these resources are collection of scam projects...go to github, not damn cmc or mnranks Wink...

Of course, one should not rely only on one source and check all available information about the project he is interested in, especially Github.

Both these services are good to compare all masternodecoin projects in one place.

If you have something against these services it would be great to post some links or other materials as proof, because like this is only FUD.

Activity: 1204
Merit: 220
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ
Are there any comprehensive & reliable lists of masternode coins? No inflated ROIs, etc

I think the best tools to check all masternodecoins and compare them in one place are:

https://masternodes.pro/
https://masternodes.online/

Two very good services which provide all the info you asked for.

This is a great question because this is the main problem with masternodecoins, after the period of profitability which is from 1 to 5 years, but mainly not more as 3, they just going to be inflated and finally the price is going down. If there is no additional value in the project like anonymous transfers or features inside the wallet like chat or something then with no use is no value and after high POS profitability period, all these projects just become death zones.

these resources are collection of scam projects) they don't care about the code and list any shit that pays their listing fee. want to check a project - go to github, not damn cmc or mnranks Wink if you can not compare projects on github - you better learn or just burn your money)

ps check the github of the coin that is in the footer of mnrank - nice example of overall picture
legendary
...I am just wondering on average ho much RAM does a node take? How many could I run on 4gb RAM ?? could I run 5? What are other people here using to stake with or use master nodes. I have 1 pc with 2gb ram and a very small 140w PSU that runs 2 wallets staking 24/7 and it quite large so it is resource hungry.

Every project has different specifications for resources needed to run a masternode on computer:

And here are specifications for VPN:

Here is post from a member who runs 8 wallets on his machine:

I run around 8 wallets open at the same time on an older i7 laptop with 4GB RAM, works like a charm. If you want to actually have 40 wallets open at once say for staking, you'll need some big power probably.
https://betweenblocks.org/post/430

But still, I will advise using VPS today. Of course one can use an old laptop for this but here is a great article why you shouldn't.
https://coinguides.org/masternode-requirements/

I hope this answers your questions. If you have any additional please feel free to ask and I will be happy to help (if I can).
Activity: 966
Merit: 535
Wow, dude. This is very well written and must have taken you quite some time. I think I will bookmark this and come back and ask questions here if I need some help setting up a master node. I have a dynamic IP so I can use the master nodes and I have an extra pc. I am just wondering on average ho much RAM does a node take? How many could I run on 4gb RAM ?? could I run 5? What are other people here using to stake with or use master nodes. I have 1 pc with 2gb ram and a very small 140w PSU that runs 2 wallets staking 24/7 and it quite large so it is resource hungry.
legendary
Are there any comprehensive & reliable lists of masternode coins? No inflated ROIs, etc

I think the best tools to check all masternodecoins and compare them in one place are:

https://masternodes.pro/
https://masternodes.online/

Two very good services which provide all the info you asked for.

This is a great question because this is the main problem with masternodecoins, after the period of profitability which is from 1 to 5 years, but mainly not more as 3, they just going to be inflated and finally the price is going down. If there is no additional value in the project like anonymous transfers or features inside the wallet like chat or something then with no use is no value and after high POS profitability period, all these projects just become death zones.
legendary
Actually the guide i sent you seems pretty good, it has all the details from A to Z and there may be no need for you to write a new one, you could probably just include the guide in the OP.

Finally, I updated the first post with a guide you found. One more time thanks for your help.

This is a very detailed step by step guide with screens and could be used by many different masternodes setups. No Ubuntu or Linux knowledge needed.

1. Firstly go to Vultr and get an account.

2. Click on the + to “Deploy New Server”.

3. Choose your “Server Location”, choosing the closest place to you, this should minimize ping times.

4. Choose “Server Type”, choose “Windows 2016 x64”.

5. Choose “Server Size”, usually the most basic size will do, choose “20 GB SSD/1 CPU/512MB Memory/500GB Bandwidth”.

6. On “Additional Features” I always choose only “Enable IPv6" (don't know why to be honest).

7. On “Server Hostname & Label”, put the name you want for your VPS.

8. And finally, click on “Deploy Now”

9. Wait until the “Status” of your VPS says “Running”, then click on “View Console”.

10. You will get a screen as below, click on “Send CtrlAltDel”.

11. Click on the icon of “Ease of access”, then choose “On-Screen-Keyboard. This will save you hours of frustration, facilitates typing the correct characters in the password.

12. Go back to vultr.com, click on “Server Details”.

13. Click on “Show Password”.

14. Use the password from step #13 to access your VPS. Use On-Screen Keyboard so you don’t waste time typing incorrect characters.

15. Launch “Internet Explorer”, choose “Internet Options”, then click on “Security” tab, de-select “Enable Protected Mode”.

16. Then click on “Custom level…” button, look for option “File download”, and “Enable” it. Then click “OK”, click “Apply”, and lastly click “OK”

17. On “Internet Explorer” address bar, go to opera.com, and download and install Opera.

18. Once “Opera” is fully installed, and is open, go to your coin website and download and install it.

The steps below suppose that you have already downloaded your desired Wallet to your VPS and have the necessary collateral to run a masternode (X amount of coins). You can buy the collateral needed in exchange were your coin is listed.

19. On the wallet click on “Tools” -> “Debug Console”.

Enter the command: masternode genkey and copy the output on a Notepad.

Enter the command: getnewaddress and copy the output on a Notepad.

20. Send the amount needed for masternodes collateral of (X amount of coins) to the address that you just generated.

Copy the Transaction ID (TXid).

Wait at least 20 confirmations (if you attempt to start your masternode before you get 20 confirmations, your masternode won’t work and you have to restart procedure).

21. Now you need the Transaction Out (TXout), this gets the proof of your masternode collateral transaction.

Open the “Console Debug” and enter the command: masternode outputs

Check that transaction is the same as previous step and copy the result of Outputidx in your .txt file, or your Notepad of step #19.

22. Go to your “NAME OF COIN” system folder and edit the “NAMEOFCOIN.conf” file with your masternode information. Easiest way to find the this file it to go to the wallet of your coin, go to “Tools”, you will have either “Open Wallet Configuration File”, or “Show Automatic Backups”, if “Open Wallet Configuration File” exists, click on it, if it does not exist, click on “Show Automatic Backups”.

23. If from step #22 you had to choose, “Show Automatic Backups”, this step applies for you. Click on the name of the folder named after the coin, see red box below.

24. Access the conf file of your coin.

25. Now you have to enter the following information and save:

rpcuser=YOUR_USERNAME
rpcpassword=YOUR_PASSWORD
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
listen=1
server=1
daemon=1
logtimestamps=1
maxconnections=64
masternode=1
externalip=YOUR_VPS_IP
bind=YOUR_VPS_IP
masternodeaddr=YOUR_VPS_IP:XXXXX
masternodeprivkey=YOUR_MASTERNODE_KEY

a. YOUR_VPS_IP= you obtain it from your vultr.com portal is below the name of your VPS.

b. bind= same as above.

c. masternodeaddr=same as above + :XXXXX (this is port number, specified by your coin)

d. masternodeprivkey= you obtained this number in step #19.

This is an alternate conf file of your coin, if option above does not work this, should do the trick.

rpcuser=random since this is disable, but needs to have something.
rpcpassword=random since this is disable, but needs to have something.
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
listen=1
server=1
daemon=1
logtimestamps=1
maxconnections=256
masternode=1
externalip=YOUR_VPS_IP
bind=YOUR_VPS_IP
masternodeaddr=YOUR_VPS_IP:XXXXX
masternodeprivkey=YOUR_MASTERNODE_KEY
addnode=IP specified by your coin
port=XXXXX specified by your coin
staking=1

26. Now it’s time to get back to your Desktop Wallet, open it and click on:

“Tools” -> “Open Masternode Configuration File”.

In the ‘Masternode Configuration file’ we’ll need to input the following information:

MN Label:

VPS IP:Port:

Masternode genkey: (we generated previously on step #19).

TX id: (we generated previously on step #19).

TX out: (we generated previously on step #21).

27. Next, save the configuration file, close and restart your coin desktop wallet:

28. After restarting your Wallet, go to “Masternodes” Section, select your Masternode and click on “Start Alias”.

29. VERY IMPORTANT, go to “Control Panel” > “System and Security” > “System” choose “Remote settings”, and click on “Don’tallow remote connection to this computer”.

30. Don't forget to encrypt your wallet, create a backup, keep your VPS up to date with the latest drivers and latest antivirus version.

31. Increase security by setting account lockout policy, so if someone tried too many times, he’ll be locked out for a while. In your VPS, go to Start (“Windows” logo) on your VPS console, bottom left corner, type in “Local Security Policy”, then click on “Account Lockout Policy”, input “3” in “invalid login attempts”, then click “OK”.

Guide source: https://medium.com/@Panama_TJ/simplest-guide-to-setup-your-masternode-250a87349e42
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 6509
be constructive or S.T.F.U

Actually the guide i sent you seems pretty good, it has all the details from A to Z and there may be no need for you to write a new one, you could probably just include the guide in the OP.
legendary
...let me know if this suffice, if not i will dig for more information for you.

Sorry that I needed so much time to answer but as you know I had hard times lately on the forum and needed some time to catch up.

This guide is great but I would rather look for one with windows setup because this is the operating system the majority is using.

Of course, Ubuntu and Linux are better suited for this but I don't have enough knowledge about these systems.

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
legendary
In the meantime, if you find such a guide somewhere, please let me know.

I tried searching the forum with no luck, but using Google I came across this guide , he is using UBUNTU to launch a Masternode >  https://medium.com/@Panama_TJ/simplest-guide-to-setup-your-masternode-250a87349e42

I am not certain if it's something standard or every Masternode would have it's own set up, but i tend to believe that they should be more or less the same.

let me know if this suffice, if not i will dig for more information for you.
legendary
...That would be nice , i will be waiting for the tutoria...

I just can't find enough time to write this guide because is a lot of work if I will do it correctly with all needed details like screenshots.

Still, I will try to write this guide but this can take a while.

In the meantime, if you find such a guide somewhere, please let me know.
legendary
...Please let me know if the bot sent you a notification for this post.

No, because my username is wwzsocki and not wwzsock. You misspelled and that is why there was no notification.

Anyaways is my thread and I come back here frequently to update and answer all questions.
legendary
wwzsocki

That would be nice , i will be waiting for the tutorial , yes the bot will surely inform me when you mention my name like it just did , i am not sure whether it needs the @ before the username when you don't quote my post.  Please let me know if the bot sent you a notification for this post.

Edited : a typo
legendary
...would you mind putting up a newbie guide on how set up one , in simple and full details ? or , are you aware of any guide on the forum which you have found to be both accurate and simple ?...

I will try to find something tomorrow because I think I have such a guide already written a few years ago but I will have to search my social media accounts to find it. 

I have published this tutorial when I was in promotion team for Masternodecoin project, to get people attention and show new (at a cuurent time) way earning money with POS mining.

Additionally, I have seen in my local section text about masternodes and will have to check if there is an updated tutorial on how to set up masternode for beginners.

This is for sure a great idea and I will definitely do something about this in the coming days.

I will mention your username when posting this tutorial and if you have Maggiordomo bot set up for notifications then he will let you know about it.
legendary

True said, since you seem to be an expert with masternodes, would you mind putting up a newbie guide on how set up one , in simple and full details ? or , are you aware of any guide on the forum which you have found to be both accurate and simple ?

i will be willing to translate that to Arabic as some members there are interested in masternodes.
legendary
...It is safe to say that well over 90% of coins that give you rewards for owning a node are shitcoins...
I agree with you fully on this statement.

...IMO , a masternode is just a way for the dev team to sell their worthless coins in bulk, the rewards at first might seem so promising but it's merely a gamble...
True but not forget about this 10% of legit masternode coins.

Like I said before this article was written a long time ago but still, if I have to choose to mine then I always chose masternode coin because of flawless staking and masternode rewards compared to resources hungry and time-consuming POW mining.

This is the easiest way for starting cryptocurrency miner or enthusiast to begin because all he needs is an old laptop, internet connection and literally a few $.

legendary
I have not picked dash because it is the most expensive , i simply took it as an example because it is one of the very a few coins that have been there for years and still somehow stable, i did you a favour when i went with dash, in fact dash itself is not too far from being a shitcoin , let alone other weaker coins.

IMO , a masternode is just a way for the dev team to sell their worthless coins in bulk, the rewards at first might seem so promising but it's merely a gamble.

It is safe to say that well over 90% of coins that give you rewards for owning a node are shitcoins.

But if you have any good example of other coins go ahead and let me know, will be willing to compare the rewards against mining a pow coin.

legendary
...i'll throw a simple example here, Dash masterrnode  requires 1,000 dash...

This is my opinion and we can discuss this subject and maybe I will admit that you are right, but why to take the most expensive coin as an example and not the best performing one at this moment or any other with chances for profit at this moment?

If one wants to invest in maternode he should make a research first and choose the best performing and promising coin from new or old once but he will have to calculate his profits first and look at many other measures not go and blindly buy the most expensive masternodecoin in the crypto space.

When I have written this article some time ago there were plenty masternodes which one can buy and make a nice profit after some time, only from staking and rewards. Of course, everything is changing with the time and I can't change or update this article, every time when circumstances are different.

We can, of course, discuss that further in our comment and I appreciate your input.
legendary

Why mining on masternode POS is better as mining on equipment POW?
I am convinced that this mining is the future. Judge for yourself.

The way you make this sound is funny, you put it as a solid fact when it's only a matter of what you think , there is an endless debate on which is better, this is not the right place to discuss the pros and cons of investing in POS vs investing in POW , but if you wish to debate this, feel free to start a new topic on this subject and let's have a debate  Roll Eyes

but the least you should do is rephrasing this part to make it more reasonable.

Payback. And here, in general, the most destructive argument. You have no recoupment!

This is SO WRONG !, you do have recoupment and it's almost always higher than investing in POW.

i'll throw a simple example here, Dash masterrnode  requires 1,000 dash

let's take someone who would have followed your advice and bought 1,000 dash @ 1000$ each last year , this means he would have spent 1,000,000$ aka 1 million dollars.

he would have gained 90 dash at most ( 14 months ) so he has 1000+90 dash now which equal to 110*1090$ = 119,900$

so if they decide to quick now , they would have lost  -880,100$ or just about 90% of whatever they invested ( not accounting for other expenses because there is no way on planet you going to run a 1 million dollar node on your home pc, but i'll let it pass)

so now if they decide to keep the Masternode, they only get to make about 550$ a month from a 1 million dollar investment ( as per today's prices).

on the other hand, if they invested that 1 million $ in say Bitcoin miners , at the same period of time they could have acquired  about 350 S9s, at this point they would have been close to getting back that initial investment , or have gotten it back if power is cheap.

and at the average rate of 5 cents per khw , with those 350 S9s , they would make 18,000$ a month now as appose of 550$

and by the way, even if you were to use today's prices / 5 months prices and probably even 1 year from now of masternode vs POW mining , the math will almost always be on POW side, let alone the fact that 90% of POS are worthless shitcoins.

but this indeed does not go without saying that owning a masternode requires almost 0 maintenance or time , no risk of your gears going on fire or simply dying ,etc which is not the case if you were to own mining gears.

TL:DR ;

I think that is the best way of addressing the pros and cons of these two things, it's pretty simple , profit wise POW wins , peace of mind wise POS wins.
owning a Masternode is very very risky, the online calculators make it look so easy and tempting, but it is actually not, neither buying a POW hardware.

Pages:
Jump to: