Pages:
Author

Topic: (GUIDE) Masternode, Node, Full Node / Masternode setup with screens. - page 3. (Read 1545 times)

legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
...They key lesson is nothing shared free in financial market. Smiley

You are right, of course, but I remember times when Bitcointalk was such a gold mine. Many times I found pieces of information which brings me a lot of money, right here on this forum. All kinds of info in different sections from mining to the marketplace. But from last 2 or 3 years, this started to disappear and today such info is shared only in private groups on Telegram. At the start, there were not so many scams as today and all great opportunities were checked by high rank and trusted members. Later all disappeared between hundreds of exit scammers and mistrusted members.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 4085
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
I like that you are honest in your posts. Normally people don't admit that they won't share anything in the open only lie that they will do that but don't have anything to share. I think the worst truth is better as the best lie.
It is a bittery fact. Whenever someone say "Please pay atention, I have something to share with you and you can make a fortune from that", please be careful with their advice. It's especially right in financial area, and in crypto. Investors, basically only want to have money, to accumulate more money for their port folios, so why they have to share pure gold for others, and share for free? Easily believe in such advice might lead you to traps.  They key lesson is nothing shared free in financial market. Smiley
legendary
..In a nutshell, I don't think there is reason to share such hidden pure gold for totally free, especially I am not rich to do that.

I like that you are honest in your posts. Normally people don't admit that they won't share anything in the open only lie that they will do that but don't have anything to share. I think the worst truth is better as the best lie.
legendary
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
Whenever with find them (pure gold), let's keep them in secret, because we can make a fortune with them.
In order to find them, it requires lots of things prepared ourselves over long period in crypto, and luckiness, as well as huge efforts spent to search, analyze, and so on. In a nutshell, I don't think there is reason to share such hidden pure gold for totally free, especially I am not rich to do that.
because many times I find services I never heard before and they are sometimes like pure gold. If you know what I mean?
legendary
I mentioned about technical term (that usually mis-understood), not service, so I can not give you my advice on which service to use...

Doesn't want your advice (don't get me wrong) only to know which service you use and if any. Anyways, thanks for the answer because indeed I have misunderstood a little your previous post. I like to know which tools people are using because many times I find services I never heard before and they are sometimes like pure gold. If you know what I mean?

legendary
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
So which services are you using?
I mentioned about technical term (that usually mis-understood), not service, so I can not give you my advice on which service to use.
I would prefer to use the term: CoinMarket Value. It means total value of coins on market.
legendary
Coinmarket cap and Coinmarketbook, I don't like them...

I don't like Coinmarketcap only because of the fake volumes and if it goes to the service and how it works I can only say that it is ok at least.

So which services are you using?
legendary
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
I found a great service which shows real volumes on exchanges and what is more important real buy and sells walls.

We all know that almost 90% of exchanges listed on CMC are showing fake volumes and there is not much CMC can do about it as you said @crypto mania.

Service I am talking about is called Coinmarketbook

On the page you can read:
Market cap is a lie. Buy support tells the true story. Buy support rating separates investments from gamblers.
Coinmarket cap and Coinmarketbook, I don't like them. I would prefer to use the term: CoinMarket Value. It means total value of coins on market. It changes over time, not only from supply and demands, but also from availability of capital flow from investors. When investors have more spare money to invest, and really decide to buy, total market value will increase. In contrast, total market value will decrease.
legendary
I found a great service which shows real volumes on exchanges and what is more important real buy and sell walls.

We all know that almost 90% of exchanges listed on CMC are showing fake volumes and there is not much CMC can do about it as you said @crypto mania.

Service I am talking about is called Coinmarketbook

On the page you can read:
Market cap is a lie. Buy support tells the true story. Buy support rating separates investments from gamblers.
Activity: 476
Merit: 92
...don't see any reason to be angry at MnRank...
...I will not like to recommend to a newbie...
Some time ago I was wondering how can Coinmarketcap list all these scammy projects and exchanges on their page?
After some time I realized this same as @wwzsocki that they just provide the best service possible and to be able to do this they just have to list all this crap because this is the actual state of cryptocurrencies and they just can't hide some of them.
Like you said @r1s2g3 when one is using these services always has to remember that there is no guarantee that even the best looking project is not a scam.
Regulations are needed to change this and we need a little more time for that but is coming and will finally happen.
legendary
Some other related terms are Service Nodes, Secure Nodes...

This article was written some time ago and from this time many things changed and evolved.

Cryptocurrencies are developing constantly and one needs to have a finger on the puls to stay updated.

I will try to add something about Services Nodes, Secure Nodes but first I have to learn about them by myself to share proper knowledge here.

Thank you for this suggestion.
legendary
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
Some other related terms are Service Nodes, Secure Nodes.
The roles on network are a bit different than Masternodes, but they can be sorted out into group of nodes, that have main roles to secure networks better, and maintain healthy networks.
Activity: 742
Merit: 395
I am alive but in hibernation.

I don't see any reason to be angry at MnRank because is not their fault that almost 90% of masternodcoins are a scam.

I am not angry but it is the site that I will not like to recommend to a newbie but I thought again and I found even this forum cannot be recommended to someone who is going to put a blind faith.
I guess whenever in doubt use your commonsense  and don't hesitate to ask question.
legendary
You put a nice guide for a newbie to understand about node, fullnode and masternodes...

I am happy that you liked my post/article and thank you for merit support.

...I think you should add pitfalls in MN concept too, specially when mnrank.com is publishing all MN projects and most of them are scam...

That's the problem with cryptocurrencies and services like MnRank.com or Coinmarketcap.com.

They provide a service where one is able in few clicks to see the latest state of each project together with price predictions, profitability, links, analysis and many more.

I think they are here not to judge projects only to provide the best service possible and we have to evaluate them further using the tools they provided.

I don't see any reason to be angry at MnRank because is not their fault that almost 90% of masternodcoins are a scam.
Activity: 742
Merit: 395
I am alive but in hibernation.
You put a nice guide for a newbie to understand about node, fullnode and masternodes. I see you are also referencing mnrank.com as well as the profitablity.
I think you should add pitfalls in MN concept too, specially when mnrank.com is publishing all MN projects and most of them are scam.
legendary
If anybody has questions regarding my post or this subject, please share them and I will be happy to answer if I would be able of course.

I have moved lately few of my threads to beginners section because I think it is a lot better suited for this kind of articles.
legendary
I must confess that this post is rich in information and educative. There is a lot that most of us in blockchain have been hearing but do not know the real meaning. Let's take for instance NODES, I never know that nodes are simply my computer when it is used for mining. This post really exposes us to much information and my day is made.

I am very happy that you found my post informative and learned something new. This is my main goal to spread the knowledge between people and there is nothing more rewarding for me as such a comment from a happy reader.

I have another part of this article about PoS and PoW mining which is very important to fully understand this subject. The title is:  "What are PoW and PoS mining? Introduction to the masternodes".

Here link if you are interested:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/what-are-pos-and-pow-mining-introduction-to-the-masternodes-5120108
legendary
Not quite a very power hungry way to run a network unlike the Sha with the ASIC devices but still crunches a lot of resources.

If you have heard of MNX, they do have a minexbank which you can stake your coins and earn either by quarterly or yearly, I think that's what they call the PoS pools I'm still unsure about it.

Minexcoin with Minexbank - is a project in which by parking MNX coin in your MinexBank account, you may earn your interest with no risk of losing your money because they are safe in your personal wallet and parking is made by signing a message. The main purpose of MinexBank is to stabilize the exchange rate within the range of no more than 5% of the previous day’s closure price. The five percent growth owes to the practice of global stock exchanges. Once the values are reached, stock markets halt the trading, thus preventing speculators and misguided investors from dictating their own prices. Once the limit values of the five percent range are reached, MinexBank has two options: it either changes interest rates for parking payouts or intervenes to keep the price within the preset range. Coin parking and intervention are the basic financial instruments used by MinexBank.

Which is a pure BS and was already proved by the price which failed to stabilize and lost 99% of its value during this bear market.

Minexcoin - is an original project which uses parking (something like PoS but it isn't) and mining PoW to secure the network.

It is a hybrid algorithm EquiHash with SHA-256.

Ethash - is used for encrypting Ethereum and Ethereum Classic. Ethash was built to be ASIC-resistant through memory-hardness (by requiring large memory, standart ASICs couldn’t decrypt the puzzles). Unfortunately for graphics miners, in early 2018 the first ASIC miners for Ethash were introduced on the market and Ethereum eventually lost its decentralization similarly like Bitcoin.

SHA256 (or Secure Hash Algorithm) - was originally designed by the NSA back in 2002. Later the algorithm found use within the Bitcoin cryptocurrency and is what runs all Bitcoin-based coins. SHA256 is a hash of 256 bits and is what miners decrypt using their mining setups which eventually validates blocks, for what miners are rewarded.

legendary
i don't think you should use the term "mining" for PoS coins and masternodes,... or basically anything that follow that pattern. mining a cryptocurrency is defined as the process of working to extract new coins and that work is done by using your computing power (whether it is GPU or CPU). but PoS is the process of earning a profit on your stake and they are very different concepts in my opinion and should be referred to with correct terminology.

i don't think you should use the term "mining" for PoS coins and masternodes,... or basically anything that follow that pattern. mining a cryptocurrency is defined as the process of working to extract new coins and that work is done by using your computing power (whether it is GPU or CPU). but PoS is the process of earning a profit on your stake and they are very different concepts in my opinion and should be referred to with correct terminology.

Thank you very much for Your input. I already updated my post and added needed changes. This article was written some time ago and I haven't published here because I thought that the quality is not good enough and that this subject was already discussed on the forum for sure. Some time ago in bounty mania, I realized that my articles are not so bad compared to some posts so I try to update them and publish here to spread the knowledge between Bitcointalk members.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag

Not quite a very power hungry way to run a network unlike the Sha with the ASIC devices but still crunches a lot of resources.

If you have heard of MNX, they do have a minexbank which you can stake your coins and earn either by quarterly or yearly, I think that's what they call the PoS pools I'm still unsure about it.
Pages:
Jump to: