Pages:
Author

Topic: Guns - page 24. (Read 22182 times)

Activity: 702
Merit: 503
July 20, 2012, 02:12:26 PM
Today is why regular citizens of America need to be able to carry firearms.

And tell me how Colorado gun law was a hindrance to your dream.
It's not my dream.  Cheesy

It seems unfortunate to me that even though most of Colorado citizens are privileged to have the legal right to carry firearms, (most people in the world don't have that right) none of the ones at the scene availed themselves of the opportunity to be able to defend themselves or others...

Upon googling, i also see that unless an American citizen is from a US state with which Colorado has "reciprocity", even a citizen who is legally allowed to carry a firearm in another US state, she is not allowed to do so in Colorado:
Colorado gun laws

That restriction seems to apply even to American soldiers.  Huh

Also, looks like the Colorado and other US states' laws prohibit legal firearm carriers from carrying in places where mass shootings have already taken place in America, such as schools and universities.

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
July 20, 2012, 11:57:33 AM

What a horrendous massacre over there in the state of Colorado!   Shocked  Cry Sad

Considering how many guns and mentally ill people there are in the world, regular citizens everywhere need the means to defend themselves. Even one sane, armed person could have made a difference...

Of course the media is going to say this is a reason for more gun laws, which are exactly what has failed.

Isn't the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
July 20, 2012, 11:54:59 AM

And tell me how Colorado gun law was a hindrance to your dream.
July 20, 2012, 11:47:46 AM

What a horrendous massacre over there in the state of Colorado!   Shocked  Cry Sad

Considering how many guns and mentally ill people there are in the world, regular citizens everywhere need the means to defend themselves. Even one sane, armed person could have made a difference...
Activity: 711
Merit: 500
Fight fire with photos.
July 15, 2012, 10:25:42 PM
One thing to remember as well is that in the United States we do not have access to the same firearms and other weapons as the military.  T

It really depends on the state that you live in.

*Class 3*

All it takes is a bunch of permits and ALOT of money.
You want an M16 No problem Got the cash fill out the permit wait 6-9 months and poof.

The things you can't get is Nuclear weapons and Weapons that are not exported outside the USA for military use.

You just have to show a need to use it.

You'd be surprised on what you can buy legally.

I have 2 grenade launchers, I have friends with legal silencers.

Need explosives just got to have a demolition license.

You have the class 3 M203 type of grenade launcher? Or the civilian one?
Activity: 826
July 15, 2012, 07:33:08 PM
One thing to remember as well is that in the United States we do not have access to the same firearms and other weapons as the military.  T

It really depends on the state that you live in.

*Class 3*

All it takes is a bunch of permits and ALOT of money.
You want an M16 No problem Got the cash fill out the permit wait 6-9 months and poof.

The things you can't get is Nuclear weapons and Weapons that are not exported outside the USA for military use.

You just have to show a need to use it.

You'd be surprised on what you can buy legally.

I have 2 grenade launchers, I have friends with legal silencers.

Need explosives just got to have a demolition license.

July 15, 2012, 01:06:16 PM
legendary
Activity: 1014
VIS ET LIBERTAS
July 09, 2012, 06:06:28 AM
Oh sorry, now I've got it  Roll Eyes
Activity: 711
Fight fire with photos.
July 09, 2012, 01:33:44 AM
Did I say that before? Sorry  Cool

He was implying that your three terms (cops, terrorists, and mentally sick kids) were all the same thing.
legendary
VIS ET LIBERTAS
July 09, 2012, 01:30:26 AM
Did I say that before? Sorry  Cool
Activity: 532
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
July 08, 2012, 05:30:49 PM
Guns are toys for cops, terrorists, and mentally sick kids.

But now you repeat yourself.
legendary
VIS ET LIBERTAS
July 08, 2012, 05:23:27 PM
Except the military, and the police, and the criminals, of course. But I repeat myself.
I never see criminals or military walking in the streets with guns. Most criminals dont even have a gun, they dont need it, at least where i live. Guns are toys for cops, terrorists, and mentally sick kids.
July 08, 2012, 12:53:23 PM
Living in a "no-firearms" country, I doubt of the usefulness of having open access to guns. I think it creates a placebo effect of security. You feel more secure, but the source of the danger is the gun.
The gun has more value in being a placebo and for defining social status(like cars or clothes can be used to) than being a really useful tool.
Guns as a placebo certainly exist, and many gun-related accidental tragedies also exist, and gun use as an effective tool also exists in meaningful numbers.

A useful thing to google is the "NRA Armed Citizen column", which comes out in their American Rifleman magazine.
I think at least some of those reports are true, because i personally knew a Russian guy, who moved to the United States and was reported in that column to have successfully stopped an armed robbery of a small store he opened there...

He was seriously wounded and survived, but he fatally wounded one of the robbers...

So upon contemplation and life experience, i have to give credit to the Americans and the US government in most of the States for giving American citizens the optional choice to legally use a gun as a placebo or a real tool.

The vast majority of governments don't give their citizens such a choice. Seems to me that the greatest measurement of "Freedom" is the number of options one has...
legendary
July 08, 2012, 12:37:49 PM
Cops in America harass people who legally carry anyway.

/mode troll ON
Yeah maybe that's the problem:  people who carry guns don't use them enough.
/mode troll OFF

Not if you're talking about cops. They're quick to shoot a guy even when he's pinned to the ground: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKy-WSZMklc
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1080
July 08, 2012, 11:35:35 AM

/mode troll ON
Yeah maybe that's the problem:  people who carry guns don't use them enough.
/mode troll OFF
legendary
July 08, 2012, 09:27:10 AM
Im glad that in Europe, you dont see people with guns walking around.

Yeah, cause in American cities there are tons of people with guns on their hips just walking around.

Activity: 532
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
July 08, 2012, 07:14:29 AM

Except the military, and the police, and the criminals, of course. But I repeat myself.
legendary
VIS ET LIBERTAS
July 08, 2012, 07:10:22 AM

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1032
RIP Mommy
July 05, 2012, 03:54:57 PM
We can all see how well any kind of "control" works in Chicago; perfectly for violent criminals (who love when the government disarms all innocent victims for them).
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
July 05, 2012, 01:15:02 PM
Gun control.... Why not bullet control?

ANY criminal can go into a gun shop and buy ammo, no questions asked..
That is being tried in Illinois. There you have to have a special permit to buy ammo. A "FOID", card I think it's called.
Pages:
Jump to: