Pages:
Author

Topic: Guys, be aware of a new scam! Stay safe with your funds! - page 3. (Read 628 times)

Activity: 845
Merit: 52
This scam pattern is an old school way of scamming people, whoever falls for this is greedy and not wise. This once reigned on twitter and was later moved to telegram, still very prevalent at telegram channel. One of my student wanted to give it a trial, I cautioned, can't tell if he would later go ahead.
Activity: 539
Merit: 100
BIB Exchange
Very great article to warn new people. They are very relieved to believe in the sweet words of the crooks. This system is becoming more and more sophisticated which makes us fall into the trap without knowing it. Deal with caution as there is no such thing as easily earned
Activity: 21
Merit: 4
Thanks for bringing this to people's attention so others don't get scammed.

But this is not Exodus doing the scamming. There are scammers that are hacking YouTube channels and then using livestreams from popular crypto companies to scam people. It's happening to other companies within the space as well like Atomic wallet and Ledger.

Like you said - people will not trust this kind of wallet if they are promoting it from a hacked account.
So what would Exodus gain by doing this? Nothing - it would create a bad appearance and ruin their business. To think that a company like Exodus would destroy their business in order to scam a few measly BTC is ridiculous.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 104
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
As the crypto community become smart, scammers are not just sitting there. They are making new plans to scam people. Recently a smart scam idea they whelp and that is youtube live streaming! Lots of people are falling those scams even one of my crypto mentors shared that link to participate!

Scammers are hacking youtube channels which have at least 10K subscribers to 80K! Then they collect some famous crypto meetup or interview videos! Later they make live streaming with that downloaded video, and announce a giveaway of 100K BTC or 100K ETH, BCH, XRP and so on! Can you imagine how smart this shit idea is? However, at the corner or left side of that live streaming they add a live transaction banner where you can see that if you send 1 Ethereum, you will get 5 or 10 Ethereum instantly!

If you ever fall in that trap means you are done, you fall in the scam and lost your money forever! Guys, be aware, always check a coin's official twitter handle to verify every giveaway! Don't fall in the scam, let scammers cry and die!

Someone coming across this type of activity and still goes ahead to send his hard earned ETH needs serious educating on the blockchain space, it protrarys scam by mare looking at it and it is not only on YouTube but on Twitter as well. Am just wondering that a project looking for ways to improve on their platform to make it more valuable will be generous enough to send 5-10 ETH just like that, if they want promotion they can launch a bounty or airdrop with Information clearly stated on their social media accounts. Let's be careful and try as much as possible to be okay with what we have, because greediness is also one of the things which causes people to fall for this type of scam.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
As such this is not a new con method. The YouTube part may be new... but this type of scam has existed from time immemorial (even before the invention of the first ever cryptocurrency). Intelligent users know that there is no such thing as a free lunch... however the less intelligent (and greedy) ones may lose their hard earned money to such scams.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 519
Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back
Scammers will always find new ways to scam people since people are getting aware of their means of stealing funds. Most victims of scam are those who are greedy, thinking they could make easy money and end up getting scammed. Take note that nothing comes easy especially in terms of money. Always be cautious and always be vigilant .
Activity: 1330
Merit: 326
Yeah, i have created a thread regarding this topic too. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.53721608 Scammers will hacked a youtube channel which has a lot of followers and subscribers. They will mislead viewers, attract them to send some of btc to scammers btc address. Many people still fall for this. And those scammers always find a new way to scam people. I do hope anyone will be aware about this. And had a doubt if the video they are watching are giving away free btc or requiring them to send some satoshis to them.
copper member
Activity: 994
Merit: 4
Well  if that is the technique they go by, then it should be hard for people  to fall victim except newbies who don't really understand  much about scam in the crypto space, why would anyone want to give you double of your investment or more for just investing instantly, if you even consent to fall victim then you are a very greedy person. Well newbies should take note and be very careful of such offers or give away.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 566
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Scammers are disasters, we are coming across about crypto scammers in news, articles and even in this forum Wink

Believe me they are too smart and very very clever, remember that you won't give any information's of the asset details to them. Especially when it comes to money, I request every one here not to share any Information related to your holding to a unknown person. 
Activity: 2296
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
Thank you for the info. although I haven't got it, but of course all things we have to think back logically, it would be unreasonable if we get rewards for free, staking even through the specified conditions, or bounty hunter must also work before getting rewards. but I admit the idea of ​​fraud is indeed smart

It would be completely unreasonable to get anything for free,,, but people keep asking for it. And worse, when things actually are for free, people want more.

It is always right to question things that come seemingly for free. If it is too good to be true, you know what they say about it!
Activity: 1666
Merit: 268
An interesting and too much offer is very unreasonable, from there we can see and differentiate between a scammer and not, but scammers are smart nowadays, sometimes there are still people who can be trapped by scammers. So do not easily believe in something that offers excessive benefits.
Activity: 2016
Merit: 322
I guess this is not a new type of scam as I have seen this type of attempts within my telegram group. Never ever believe into anyone who asks for money for sending you back multiple fold of what you will send. That is the logic behind this? Money will grow on tree for them to get us multi fold returns?

We have seen a long discussion of such incident of one forum member who lost his ETHs by believing into some scammer's youtube videos. When we make use of our common sense, I guess we can easily avoid this kind of scammers. When more people are not falling into such traps then those scammers may stop doing this.
Activity: 882
Merit: 13
What are they thinking? If you think of it, It would definitely a scam, sending 1 ETH and you get 5 ETH in return. That is an old form of scam, they just made it more realistic with their live streaming and adding live transactions ( most likely and edited video and put it into live stream). Scammers really never run out of ideas how to get money from someone's pocket, hopefully this could be a lesson for everyone. Should always remember that there is no easy money you have to work for it to earn it.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 257
i think the moment you see a banner which tells you to deposit  eth or btc to get double or triple of it should immediately tell you that this is scam and the person should stay away, the sign already there to tell people this is fake but only the person that is greedy will want to still try it out, i hope some people will read this warning and take note not to fall victim.
We can't removed the fact that there are people who still greedy to believe with this kind of scheme, those are who wanted to have a quick and easy benefits. People whould be aware that such indications should be stay away, there's no easy money instead it will take yours and runaway.
Work with your knowledge and stay calm finding the right investment/business for you work hard and achieved your goal.
I do agree, being greedy is the root of all this scam. People should know that this kind of offer is too good to be true. It is far from reality that they should immediately realize that this is just a trick to get their money.
Staying our distance from this kind of offer is the best action we can do, entertaining this kind of investment scheme is just a waste of time.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 267
Buy $BGL before it's too late!
i think the moment you see a banner which tells you to deposit  eth or btc to get double or triple of it should immediately tell you that this is scam and the person should stay away, the sign already there to tell people this is fake but only the person that is greedy will want to still try it out, i hope some people will read this warning and take note not to fall victim.
We can't removed the fact that there are people who still greedy to believe with this kind of scheme, those are who wanted to have a quick and easy benefits. People whould be aware that such indications should be stay away, there's no easy money instead it will take yours and runaway.
Work with your knowledge and stay calm finding the right investment/business for you work hard and achieved your goal.
Activity: 1918
Merit: 370
This is good advice because lots of people don't know the difference between a legitimate proposal and a scam, but generally if it sounds too good to be true, that's because it probably is so make sure you stay away from these types of offers
But becauase the channel has a lot of  followers they will think this is legitimate and that's the problem even its too good to be true there still people greedy to try it and they will only realise that its scam once the eth send to the provided address.

Although if the channel has a lot of followers, it doesn't mean they are legitimate and look legit because we know that the followers can be bought from the other services. We need to search for the other news about that so we can know if they are telling the truth or not, and we can follow the step to make money.
I highly suspect that this is why Youtube has a case with cryptocurrency and crypto related channels in the past where they deleted all of its content regarding cryptocurrency. Although the scam scheme is true, Youtube considered it and put it back. Seems like the scammers are getting hard time to catch ignorants and keep upgrading their scheme but if you are not new with this industry, you will notice it easily with the "Send first" procedure lol. There are really gullible people especially when they are trusting the website ( Youtube, Facebook etc.)

We need to be careful if we want to follow the giveaways because not all giveaways are true. There is no easy money that we can earn from doing an easy way. All the things we do will need time to earn some money, and we need hard work to earn that money.
Giveaways are true I can assure you that but it does not comes with huge amount since they are not giving it on a single person. Giveaways that are too good to be true is the scam one, it tends to look catchy and interesting at first but when you go deeper to it you'll see how shit it is.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 425
As the crypto community become smart, scammers are not just sitting there. They are making new plans to scam people. Recently a smart scam idea they whelp and that is youtube live streaming! Lots of people are falling those scams even one of my crypto mentors shared that link to participate!

Scammers are hacking youtube channels which have at least 10K subscribers to 80K! Then they collect some famous crypto meetup or interview videos! Later they make live streaming with that downloaded video, and announce a giveaway of 100K BTC or 100K ETH, BCH, XRP and so on! Can you imagine how smart this shit idea is? However, at the corner or left side of that live streaming they add a live transaction banner where you can see that if you send 1 Ethereum, you will get 5 or 10 Ethereum instantly!

If you ever fall in that trap means you are done, you fall in the scam and lost your money forever! Guys, be aware, always check a coin's official twitter handle to verify every giveaway! Don't fall in the scam, let scammers cry and die!

Exactly what happened in this thread:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/paolo-tomenes-famous-pinoy-sneaker-youtuber-nahack-ang-youtube-account-5227737

This is Exodus wallet is the one that hacking youtube channel having their Livestream promoting the wallet. Look ironic since people will not trust this kind of wallet if they are promoting it from a hacked account.
But also I see a post from Exodus wallet Fb page that they see youtube channel get hacked and pretending to be exodus wallet...

I follow a video editing channel on YouTube from a guy called Jack Cole. Recently his channel completely changed. The image and name were set to Exodus Wallet and they delisted all of his videos. He has more than 200k subscribers and now they are live streaming some fake promotional Exodus stuff where you click a link and go to a fake Exodus page where you are prompted to input your seeds.

Please help take this down immediately as some beginners might lose their money falling for the scam.

Here's the video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKcDKZHZP10

Here's the scam page: [DO NOT ENTER YOUR INFO HERE]  https://exodus.promo/

Here's a legit video from the original channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbnh8-T2wn4

If you Google "Jack Cole Video Editing YouTube" you will find the name of the channel is still Jack Cole but when you click it you see it's been hacked.

Activity: 476
Merit: 22
Any person, organization or entity that asked to send ETH or BTC to an address to get more in return is nothing but a scam, no matter how strong they seem to look, nothing is really free in this world, you will only get caught in this scam if you yourself has a greedy heart
Activity: 756
Merit: 12
Now especially that we are in the golden years of crypocurrency scammers will be back with a better revenge on investors, I just hope that investors aren't as stupid and lazy as they always are in 2017/2018, hope they've finally realized the importance of research

Investors who have long been in the cryptocurrency market are increasingly aware of how scams occur and their mode. What newbies in the crypto market need to pay attention to is that they are not interested in promotions or airdrops that look too good to be true.
Activity: 1946
Merit: 112

Lchino, I hear for the first time about this type of fraud, perhaps because I personally do not go to such meetings. But if this is true, then the scammers are really getting smarter before our eyes and come up with new schemes. I know for sure that now you need to protect yourself and your social networks from hacking, for this you need to set strong passwords and put protection in the form of SMS alerts or 2fa. Unfortunately, I personally know people who will not miss the temptation to go to such a meeting and try their luck and they will fall into the hands of scammers. All this is sad, but do not despair and you need to know more about scammers and their schemes and inform the community.
Pages:
Jump to: