Pages:
Author

Topic: Hack any wallet? - page 6. (Read 1076 times)

Activity: 1736
Merit: 857
June 02, 2019, 02:48:52 AM
In theory, you'll find a wallet with millions. All cryptography is based on probabilistic proofs but not strictly mathematical proofs. Theoretically, you can even find two different private keys to the same address. But practically all this is impossible without a quantum computer.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1292
Hhampuz for Campaign management
June 02, 2019, 02:44:13 AM
That would be a waste of time, better focus in earning money in a legit way.
If that can be done, it would have been done in the past and we can clearly see a lot of complains regarding hack wallets.
Activity: 780
Merit: 101
June 02, 2019, 02:26:02 AM
Theoretically, you can do this only if you live a million years and will not be interrupted to sort out the words. But in fact it is impossible, the only way to get someone else's passphrase from the wallet is social engineering, followed by access to the storage of the phrase.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
June 02, 2019, 02:11:22 AM
I know the number of combinations is astronomical. But in theory if you keep generating random phrases, you might eventually stumble upon a wallet holding millions?

the number of grains of sand on earth is also astronomical. if i choose 1 grain, in theory if you keep going through every single grain you might eventually stumble upon that  1 grain that i chose but practically you will die before you even go through a tiny percentage of them.

one thing is for sure, you can not call this a "hack any wallet" thing. this is something that can not happen in a million years.
Activity: 546
Merit: 21
June 02, 2019, 01:33:24 AM
I know someone who tried this for weeks ,he got nothing and I think wallets are well planned in the first place ,it won't be easy to get a right combination phrase for wallets
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
June 02, 2019, 01:31:09 AM
I never thought about writing random seed words to the Bitcoin wallet but it is almost impossible to guess the right combination. In my opinion, you can use the most commonly used word list for having a stroke of better luck. Only luck can help if you want to find a BTC on random wallets.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
June 02, 2019, 12:45:19 AM
So there are 12 words chosen from thousands to recover any wallet.

If you iterate through random word combinations you will eventually generate a wallet that exists, correct?

I know the number of combinations is astronomical. But in theory if you keep generating random phrases, you might eventually stumble upon a wallet holding millions?

As per the calculation it will take more than hundred years to find the right combination of recovery seeds so don't think it will come easy just like you mentioned and most of the online password generator don't create the same combination again if once it was made.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003
June 02, 2019, 12:04:25 AM

If you iterate through random word combinations you will eventually generate a wallet that exists, correct?

I wish you good luck, it is even disgusting for me calculating the possibility of calculating all word combinations in the dictionary. Instead of wasting your time, learn the trading and make more BTC with your skills. In theory, it can be possible but reality slaps hard.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 322
June 01, 2019, 11:58:30 PM
You think you are clever, if it was truely possible and worth the time you must have to spend to find out the correct seed, a lot of people would do it before you. Bruteforce doesn't work that much of easy.
Activity: 784
Merit: 256
Binance #Smart World Global Token
June 01, 2019, 11:50:29 PM
Theoretically, if there is a specific list of words from which the recovery phrase is formed, you can try to hack. But I think that the list is randomly updated with new words and therefore no chance.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1069
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
June 01, 2019, 10:07:03 PM
As everything is random, there can be random chances of getting the words correct in the first try. But its chances are very very low.
But as all of the wallets use just dictionary words, a dictionary bruteforce with multiple of computers may result in some wallets to open.
But again that wallet may have coin or might be empty. You'd have greater chances wining a lottrey.
Activity: 191
Merit: 1
June 01, 2019, 09:56:34 PM

Yeah, the odds are crazy and almost impossible to break. Some of the comments here do have a point but as someone who's holding a lot of their savings in 1 wallet, you will always have these thinking that its still possible for someone to do it. Hardware wallets, I would say, are the best thing you can have to get the utmost security you want for your coins. Mine has 2-f authentication to complete before you make any transaction and can store collectibles, just for fun! It's not really that bad to invest around 90~100USD for a wallet that can help you have an ease of mind.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
June 01, 2019, 08:45:41 PM
Indeed many people are willing to do this to get results. But in my view, there are still many good ways to have results from the world of cryptocurrency. My experience is that my carelessness sent the private number to the bounty listing, there was someone who took advantage of it, indeed it was my own carelessness, but I didn't think about it, even though I had moved the wallet and left a little, but the contents were taken too.
Activity: 265
Merit: 102
June 01, 2019, 06:44:03 PM
Activate 2fa so you are the one who can open your wallet here in crypto

Then to avoid hack or scam use trusted already like we have different wallets here without accusation

Another thing cryptocurrency create for saving money in our own place and without regulator like this is run for long like that
Activity: 1540
Merit: 68
June 01, 2019, 07:20:04 PM

It is very much harder to generate 12 correlating words to get a random account
That’s why it’s safe and secure using such paper wallet

And the opportunity to stumble on an existing wallet is 1 in a billion
Activity: 910
Merit: 250
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
June 01, 2019, 05:40:40 PM

At this point in time, this is exactly unrealistic, but I think in the future there will be computers that can quickly pick up the words and hack wallets.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 578
June 01, 2019, 04:56:41 PM
Hitting a random seed through brute force? I don't think that it's very possible to happen. Yes, some may say that you can actually hit someone's seed by accident if you're going to try but for how long?

Theoretical question here: isn't every 12 word combination a valid wallet using the valid words?
There are 24 words and more than that too.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
June 01, 2019, 04:01:02 PM
Doing hacking is something that is disturbing and harmful is not it? What if we experience hacking? Of course we will be sad, confused, angry and feeling disappointed. My question is simple, how much time will it be spent random and why do we do it? For me, something is impossible. I think there are still other positive activities that are more useful.
Activity: 658
Merit: 11
June 01, 2019, 02:16:18 PM
Right.
Suppose that only lowercase Latin letters are used. For example, I often write my own combination, such as lanufqjpdwjufbyqdbwkwffpvnxsdfcdgsufwtrfaiofbreebtfpjef.
Combinations more than stars Wink.
copper member
Activity: 182
Merit: 18
Crypto.BI
June 01, 2019, 02:06:47 PM
OK thanks for all the replies.

So I realize the combinations are absurdly large.

Theoretical question here: isn't every 12 word combination a valid wallet using the valid words?

By simply concatenating the words randomly I can create a wallet. Right? Wrong?

Pages:
Jump to: