Pages:
Author

Topic: Hacked and stolen - page 5. (Read 4028 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
May 17, 2013, 09:17:01 AM
I'm confused, you say that your computer is safe, so what are you saying? That the Bitcoin system was hacked?

What exactly are you complaining about?

If your computer was never compromised then that means the Bitcoin system is broken. The thing is though, this is considered highly improbable and so far you are the only person to have been hacked with a secure computer. Perhaps your wallet was laying around on another computer from a longer time ago?

As a hint, if you change the password on a encrypted wallet, the older backups can still be used to steal the Bitcoins. Personally I would not bother changing passwords for a wallet because that means two passwords can be used to steal my coins (because of old backups). Instead I will create a brand new wallet on a offline computer and send my coins to that one. And leave the old wallet as ruined.
staff
Activity: 3290
Merit: 4114
May 17, 2013, 09:12:37 AM
your statement that my pc is not protected well enough is first of all a joke. my pc is very well protected, but a good hacker does have no problem hacking into even goverments, banks and big companies.
So assuming that your safe .... think again having a good firewall and and a router does not mean your safe at all

His/Her statement is correct, your computer is not secure enough, not even mine is. However my Bitcoins are not stored on a computer, but a paper wallet.
So unless someone comes and takes it away from me physically, then it's pretty darn safe. (It's not even at my house, but a secure location).

It's also known that governments do not have the biggest protections systems, read some articles online from Whitehats, they will tell you that their computer at home is more secure.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Mining FTW
May 17, 2013, 09:09:06 AM
your statement that my pc is not protected well enough is first of all a joke. my pc is very well protected, but a good hacker does have no problem hacking into even goverments, banks and big companies.
So assuming that your safe .... think again having a good firewall and and a router does not mean your safe at all
omg... your explaining to us how to be safe... while not understanding what you are saying?

if you follow your own advice, you know that anything more than a 100 BTC, should NEVER EVER EVER EVER be on a NETWORKED PC, EVER!

you can not hack, that which is not networked, unless you have physical access...
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
May 17, 2013, 09:08:21 AM
Your fault, next time make a better bitcoin client and a better protection system. What? The only thing you did was "whine"?
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Mining FTW
May 17, 2013, 09:07:11 AM
well... sounds like you don't know how to secure your computer... then again... having 100's of bitcoins... cold storage would've been so much smarter...

Still love it how people don't lock their computer... and then complain when something gets taken out of it... (like not locking your car, and being mad someone stole your 1000 bucks photo camera you left in your unlocked car, its theft but insurance won't pay you back for it.)

I've had a client with minimal btc running on a honeypot, and it still hasn't been hacked after over 6 months. (ofc I'm not so stupid to login and unlock the wallet for them... or it would've been gone months ago) So the btc client is fine... you just need to learn to use proper security on your computer when handling money.

Get yourself a live cd, or you'll get scammed again.

Owh and a side note, you don't wanna know how many thieves, scammers and other bad people you will meet when going out of your house... Internet is just the same, and you need to apply the same rules in a different format to them. (as ofc you can't be pickpocketed online, but they can still steal your money, aka you still need to watch your wallet)

update, same story as above three, if you properly secured your computer, none of this would've happened. (hope you just learned to lock your "car")
Activity: 774
Merit: 500
Lazy Lurker Reads Alot
May 17, 2013, 09:06:39 AM
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
May 17, 2013, 09:03:40 AM
Thanks, Obama.
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
May 17, 2013, 09:03:28 AM
Sorry for your loss, but it has nothing to do with bitcoin. If you had secured your coins this would not have happened.
legendary
Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000
May 17, 2013, 09:01:24 AM
i dont want to laugh at you, but you are basically blaming the community for your problem which makes no sense. Because your computer wasnt protected well enough you blame others?
Activity: 774
Merit: 500
Lazy Lurker Reads Alot
May 17, 2013, 08:57:52 AM
 Angry

After many months not being active on bitcoins i was reading about some person busy developing something so i decided i wanted to send him a small donation.
The reason for my inactivity is that i am waiting for for butterfly labs to send me my ordered single SC which seems to be the second scam at present.

Anyway I installed the new version of bitcoin-qt and fired it up

After it opened i instant spotted a huge transaction being send from my client about a month ago to this address which is obvious one of hundreds addresses which are constant being used to resend it to another address since this thief tries to cover his tracks (1BxFY9cD3KPJMtvKEDTbLj7ZoijoTpzNyb)
I also traced back that the culpritt operated from IRAN where his ip address resides

So this made me painfully clear that bitcoin is far form being a safe community and that your painfully mined bitcoins are not safe at all from thiefs, scammers and other bad persons luring to get them from you.

So in the years i have been active on bitcoin i got scammed and stolen several hundred bitcoins

nice going bad memebers of the bitcoin community

Pages:
Jump to: