Pages:
Author

Topic: Hacked Wallet please help - Bounty Offered - page 3. (Read 1565 times)

Activity: 1932
Merit: 504
January 02, 2022, 06:05:06 AM
That was really a huge amount of money, I don't think you would be able to get it back but you might be able to track it down. I think there are some services somewhere that might help you with that. I was just curious why would you put a huge amount of ETH on a metamask wallet? I think you should consider the safety of your coins by investing a little on a hardware wallet or something more safe than it.
Activity: 812
Merit: 53
December 17, 2021, 02:25:40 PM
So sad to hear that. It's a very big amount of dollar. I think you need you keep huge amount of dollars in hardware wallet. Software wallet are so risky. Software wallets can easily hacked. So, don't keep a big amount in software or online wallets. There are different types of techniques that hackers use for stealing users data.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1367
December 17, 2021, 12:14:43 PM
Another Metamask hack case. Unfortunately, there are more and more cases of Metamask hacking. Of course, everyone says that it is due to user errors, but I am beginning to suspect that something really bad is happening with this application.

I wonder if it is related to access to disk and retrieving wallet data (I did not investigate how strong it is encrypted - and if it is secured at all). Then metamask as a UI for hardware wallet should be a better solution.

And of course there are also attacks like that:
https://metamask.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018766351-How-to-use-the-Vault-Decryptor-with-the-MetaMask-Vault-Data
Activity: 966
Merit: 10
Allah is the Greatest
December 16, 2021, 01:33:21 PM
It's really bad with you . Please next time be careful s no way to recover huge money . Hackers are very sharp . Next time please use hardware ware wallet to secure money. If you do ask before question so in this Time you have feel save . But it's ok don't stress forget it . And again hardwork to more success
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127
December 14, 2021, 06:24:11 PM
You have received alot of suggestions and they are all pretty much valid. So i won't suggest u anything, u already know what you should had done. But yeah, it hurts.. i have gone through that and i know how it feels, though my loss wasn't that huge but still it was a loss and i made a few mistakes making me learn few things.
This is really a costly lesson learned for someone and for sure majority of us do really have some experience in related to this on which you do lost up money due to your carelessness and lack of knowledge which is understandable but for someone who do have big funds or money invested then you would
be having those questions on mind on why the heck they arent aware off on things when it comes to security? which its actually understandable or you
would be mind off specially you know that you are storing big funds?
Activity: 1260
Merit: 102
December 14, 2021, 12:53:17 AM
You have received alot of suggestions and they are all pretty much valid. So i won't suggest u anything, u already know what you should had done. But yeah, it hurts.. i have gone through that and i know how it feels, though my loss wasn't that huge but still it was a loss and i made a few mistakes making me learn few things.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016
December 12, 2021, 10:32:40 PM
Another Metamask hack case. Unfortunately, there are more and more cases of Metamask hacking. Of course, everyone says that it is due to user errors, but I am beginning to suspect that something really bad is happening with this application.

I'm sorry to lose so much money. However, I'm afraid the chances of getting it back are nil.
Activity: 2226
Merit: 834
December 11, 2021, 01:25:41 AM
You never come back to the forum to check the possible solution to your problem. If you ever be online, I would like to know first that how can we believe that this is your wallet?

Theoretically, the OP doesn't have to be logged in to read the answers, and apart from the advice given to him by @hugeblack, no one can do anything else. People take the security of their digital assets too lightly, because what else to say if someone keeps almost half a million $ in a browser extension or mobile app? It’s an easy job for hackers, even for the less experienced ones.

I understand that he can read the replies without login into his bitcointalk account, but I was expecting him to reply even after he have read the replies that bitcoin once lost cannot be recovered. Maybe he should have asked more about the precautions he should take while owning crypto for the future (as his loss is not a small one) or maybe I am expecting too much.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 5364
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
December 09, 2021, 11:10:30 AM
You never come back to the forum to check the possible solution to your problem. If you ever be online, I would like to know first that how can we believe that this is your wallet?

Theoretically, the OP doesn't have to be logged in to read the answers, and apart from the advice given to him by @hugeblack, no one can do anything else. People take the security of their digital assets too lightly, because what else to say if someone keeps almost half a million $ in a browser extension or mobile app? It’s an easy job for hackers, even for the less experienced ones.
Activity: 2226
Merit: 834
December 09, 2021, 07:14:27 AM
Hi Everyone,
Someone just hacked my metamask wallet and took 98.9 eth or 470,000 usd. If anyone can please help in where to start to get this back it would be life changing.

Here is there address who they took the 4th
https://etherscan.io/address/0x9ec869191de9d514b82ecc1c1e0f227910467a38

Here is the etherscan of the transaction me
https://etherscan.io/tx/0xb630c6373b83ac016d27af9721c97837c7d478371f2907ddc036e31c686acc43

Secondly, if we believe the first part is true, then let us know how was our wallet hacked? Did you share your passphrase with anyone or it was because of any malware on your system or browser on which metamask was installed?
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1206
December 07, 2021, 06:49:42 PM
Hi Everyone,
Someone just hacked my metamask wallet and took 98.9 eth or 470,000 usd. If anyone can please help in where to start to get this back it would be life changing.

https://etherscan.io/tx/0xb630c6373b83ac016d27af9721c97837c7d478371f2907ddc036e31c686acc43

Similar dire events will remind the community of the need to comply with safety measures. It is a pity that the topic starter gave few details. It would be good to know where he kept the metamask private keys in order to understand the vulnerability in this story. On a PC or physical storage media.
Even though we know where the private key is, the fund can't recover anymore.
I think the last drop of the OP ETH lost was on the exchange and swap it into other coins which are easy to withdraw and swap again into other coins and then to the scammer's wallet without having any footprint that can be traceable.

OP didn't give further information and it might OP was moved on of the loss he has.
We should always be careful in our valuable assets, never invest on double divestment scam and never disclose to anyone our private keys.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1296
keep walking, Johnnie
December 07, 2021, 04:32:30 PM
Hi Everyone,

Similar dire events will remind the community of the need to comply with safety measures. It is a pity that the topic starter gave few details. It would be good to know where he kept the metamask private keys in order to understand the vulnerability in this story. On a PC or physical storage media.
Activity: 55
Merit: 16
December 05, 2021, 12:44:38 AM
Wow that’s super unfortunate. Whoever did that is risking a lot of jail time of they’re ever caught! Hope you can get your coins back man goodluck. Crypto is so anonymous I doubt you ever will, best to just put it in the past and move on with your life vs worrying about it. Hopefully things work out for you. Stay strong. 💪💪💪💪
Activity: 62
Merit: 1
December 01, 2021, 08:38:37 AM
I am so sorry about your lose but I am afraid there is no way to get your funds back.... Plzz be careful from the next time
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3548
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
November 19, 2021, 04:40:53 AM
If it is your wallet, you can sign message using:

• access your wallet using MyEtherWallet page and Select Browser Extension option
  • your MetaMask will popup, open it and connect using your MetaMask account
  • no you can access your MyEtherwallet[1] go to >> Sign a message with your wallet address and sign message as link belown.

Unfortunately, signing a message will prove your seriousness. If you have money, hire a team to track your currencies and open a report at the nearest police station.

[1] https://blog.independentreserve.com/knowledge-base/how-to-create-an-eth-wallet-and-sign-a-message

Activity: 980
Merit: 10
November 18, 2021, 02:10:40 PM
you are doing too much risk by keeping that many assets in a hot wallet like metamask.
you may be able to find someone who is an expert who can be trusted in this matter but indeed things like this are very difficult and you may later be exposed to double fraud.
avoid seduction that does offer services but asks for payment up front, this is certainly something that can make things worse.
on the other hand as others have said here, you have to learn with cold storage
Activity: 312
Merit: 30
November 17, 2021, 01:09:45 PM

1. Next time learn to use cold storage for such big amounts.
2. For this kind of issues you need professional help and probably law enforcement agencies too (at least police, but it won't be easy)
3. You should ignore/avoid all the private discussions with members of the forum - especially newbies - whether in forum's private messages, whether by other means because you can easily end up getting scammed/losing more than that.
when you have next $470k haha
to author of the question: it's lost. if it really was stolen
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1220
November 17, 2021, 07:19:18 AM
Hi Everyone,

Even metamask support will not help this issue since in the first place you are the one liable on your wallet and the same other says this amount should not place in that kind of wallet since this is prone of hacking so maybe next time when you have huge balance try to use trezor since its more safe than using myetherwallet. Also better move on since this is I think the best thing you need to do since there's almost impossible chance that you can recover that balances from the hacker.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1147
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
November 15, 2021, 11:00:28 AM
Be careful not to fall for a double scam (those offering service to help recover an account with an upfront fee) because there's no way they can recover it for you. They can help you trace the transactions but that's about it. I think you're also capable of tracing using explorers though and that means you won't need these investigators.

I read some comments on etherscan on that address and it seems you're also one of the victims of a fake Uniswap website.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
November 15, 2021, 06:08:42 AM
i hope you can get your ETH back! and you will recieve many scam messages, avoid them!!
Pages:
Jump to: