Pages:
Author

Topic: Hacking BFL Monarchs and servicing them while times are weird. - page 6. (Read 21034 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
I just got my monarch, new, unused (supposedly) from eBay. I can't try it out yet because the power supply that I ordered hasn't arrived yet. I know that it's not efficient enough for modern mining, but I think that it's just plain cool looking, with it's little radiator and everything exposed for view on the desktop. And if I run it at work the electricity won't matter. The power supply that I ordered is an EVGA 80+ Gold Rated 650GQ power supply. Do you think that it was a good choice for the 700 Monarch? Has anyone ever tried WaterWetter added to the coolant? It prevents bubbles from forming on aluminum, it's worth up to 30°f in automotive applications.
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239
I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)
They can run a good .5 w  /gh. Nice part is how quiet they are. 3 plug units were the best just run them.
Activity: 13
So what was the final results? How much were you able to stably overclock? How efficient can they be when underclocked? Why does mine have 3 pcie power ports while the instructions say 2? I think that this thread is and was interesting, why no updates or final summary? Also the link to the mining program for the first generation monarch's is dead.
legendary
lightfoot,

Thanks so much.  It is working perfectly.  No errors - nothing.

Yep the first gen firmware had some oddness on out of order responses the software compensated.

Anyone else need it feel free to use that link.
Activity: 9
lightfoot,

Thanks so much.  It is working perfectly.  No errors - nothing.

legendary
Hey lightfoot,

I tried the link and just got this.

Error (429)
This link is temporarily disabled. The person who shared it hit their daily limit of traffic or downloads. Learn about traffic limits.

Thanks
That stinks. Make sure you're not using tor, pm me your email and I'll send it.
C
Hey lightfoot,

I tried the link and just got this.

Error (429)
This link is temporarily disabled. The person who shared it hit their daily limit of traffic or downloads. Learn about traffic limits.

Thanks
legendary
Try this for a copy of the software:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f82ace9scav0jml/Bfgminer-For%20Monarchs.zip?dl=0

Download, extract, fix the bfgminer.conf file to include your pool, username, password, etc and you should be good to go. Needs 64 bit windows 7,8,10.

C
Ok - I don't think that is the version because all I got was an error message saying "This is Gibberish"
Hey lightfoot,

Is this the correct version - bfgminer-4.2.0-win64.zip?

Thanks

Matt
Thanks - really appreciate that.
legendary
Yeah, that. I see BFL doesn't have the software download, let me see if I have a copy here.
C
Hi lightfoot,

I have been give 8 BLF Monarchs.  I would like to get them up and running.  Been working with BFG but getting errors.  Can I get a copy of the special 4.2.0 miner?

2017-06-06 09:31:17] BFL 1ct: Failed to find work for queue results: D887,47,0

I think this is similar to the error I read about from the previous posts.

Thanks

Matt
legendary
Oh post a pic or a link to a imgur or something.
Activity: 8
I took it off the mount and inspected it closely. There is a chip of some sort in the lower right hand corner that appears to be burned. The label appears to be U17. Little square thing with 4 prongs. Thanks. grandpa86
legendary
Ok. I'll PM you my info, I'll take a look at the little thing.

Activity: 8
Thanks for answering. I really did not know anyone else to ask. As far as I can tell it has just quit hashing. I am an absolute total novice although I have been mining with this Monarch for a good while. What would probably make the most sense would be to box it up and send it to you. My email is [email protected] you can tell me whether it is worth repairing.
legendary
Hm. If they are first generation Monarchs (2 power plugs per board) then you need to run the special 4.20 version of BFGMiner on 64 bit Windows. Annoying, but it works. Or you can run BFGMiner on Unix, that also seems to work. Later models (3 PCI power plugs) can run the latest BFGMiner without issue.

I never really put them in a PC; the water blocks and such required too much fiddling around to make them fit.

Hope this helps. They were good units, just a bit too slow for modern times.
Activity: 427
Merit: 105
Wow,

so sorry lightfoot, did i not respond to you about the software i asked, but then again, but to start putting those bfl monarch's into
a system, pci, etc, is a nice job. i don't even know where i put mine, 4 of them, 700ghs/ i guess, brandnew, almost, used shortly, btw.

they did work fine usb. so i guess will do that part anyway someday with them..  Wink

do you have them updated somewhere, i don't need servicing, but i have drivers original ones that should work somehow in windows 7, but with pci 64bit,  no go..
thanks gain for helping.
legendary
Haven't been in this thread for awhile, but yes I can probably help. What seems to be wrong with it?
Pages:
Jump to: