Pages:
Author

Topic: HAL 10K - Bitcoin PHP trading bot - page 2. (Read 24308 times)

Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Across the Universe
January 17, 2014, 05:24:18 PM
I left the bot running for 20 hours, using the settings of woutie70. Here's the data of the last transaction and the accompanying chart. The initial $fake_btc_balance was set to 2.

*** Processing order...array ( 8 )
  ["type"]=> string(3) "ask"
  ["amount"]=> float(1.8646517758757)
  ["price"]=> string(9) "952.99500"
  ["datetime"]=> string(19) "2014-01-12 20:12:07"
  ["prem"]=> string(6) "profit"

The results are not very encouraging, but I'll do another overnight run with the default settings from github and see how it goes. intrd, please push the new chart code to the repo, as pChart isn't very legible after a few hours.

Did you ever perform another overnight run?

As a matter of fact, I've left the bot running since my last post. It started at 2 BTC and again slowly lowered to 1.7 overnight. Now it is at 1.919 but I can't see the graph as I'm running it on an old Pentium 3 and it times-out drawing it.

Anyway, it clearly needs tweaking, but presently I don't have much free time to devote.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
January 17, 2014, 12:21:55 PM
I left the bot running for 20 hours, using the settings of woutie70. Here's the data of the last transaction and the accompanying chart. The initial $fake_btc_balance was set to 2.

https://i.imgur.com/ExkKsdm.png

The results are not very encouraging, but I'll do another overnight run with the default settings from github and see how it goes. intrd, please push the new chart code to the repo, as pChart isn't very legible after a few hours.

Did you ever perform another overnight run?
Across the Universe
January 12, 2014, 05:48:39 PM

January 12, 2014, 03:43:24 PM

Nice! Looks like you moved it over to HighCharts/HighStocks javascript charting.
Across the Universe
January 11, 2014, 07:30:48 PM
First of all, thanks for making this tool open source. I believe that with enough feedback from its users you'll deliver a solid final product. I'm using it right now on linux at paper mode, testing to see how it goes, using the settings woutie70 reported as "perfect".

The least I can do is provide a good start_hal10k.sh for UNIX-like systems:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

#export HTROOT=/srv/http/bitcoin/hal10k

[ $HTROOT ] || { echo "Please, edit $(basename ./$0) and set the correct HTROOT path."; exit 1; }

while true; do
    echo Start time is: $(date)
    cd $HTROOT
    php start.php
done

I'll leave hal10k (what a cool name, BTW) running all night and report back with the results.
Activity: 75
HAL10K developer
January 11, 2014, 12:31:15 PM

IMG Link: https://i.imgur.com/LSsmiYK.png
v2.3 almost ready..
HAL10K developer
January 11, 2014, 02:58:01 AM
Client side charts done! macd almost..

@initrd:  Have you thought about using ta-lib (technical analysis library)?  There is a PHP/PECL extension. Might save you the time from having to re-write each technical analysis function you want to use (ie. SMA, EMA, MACD, etc)
January 10, 2014, 11:55:21 PM
At the chart.php i've created a trick to optimize graph generation,
just turn on "$pular" and the graph is rendered discarding useless information..
but surely it would be better to generate the graph client side..
(I'm planing run HAL at my Pi too..)

About macd, finishing here..
thanks @yahma and @whydificult for the tips..

Code:
 $control=(count($F1)*12)/100;
 $control2=(count($F1)*1)/100;
 $pular=false;

Will look into it. BTW, tried running it on my rasp-pi and it works for the most part (chart rendering is slow), except when the chart becomes longer than 1 day, then PHP hits the cpu limit time when rendering through pChart API.  I might look into replacing the server side chart rendering with something client-side (ie. Javascript).

@initrd:  Have you thought about using ta-lib (technical analysis library)?  There is a PHP/PECL extension. Might save you the time from having to re-write each technical analysis function you want to use (ie. SMA, EMA, MACD, etc)
HAL10K developer
January 10, 2014, 09:15:22 PM
At the chart.php i've created a trick to optimize graph generation,
just turn on "$pular" and the graph is rendered discarding useless information..
but surely it would be better to generate the graph client side..
(I'm planing run HAL at my Pi too..)

About macd, finishing here..
thanks @yahma and @whydificult for the tips..

Code:
 $control=(count($F1)*12)/100;
 $control2=(count($F1)*1)/100;
 $pular=false;

Will look into it. BTW, tried running it on my rasp-pi and it works for the most part (chart rendering is slow), except when the chart becomes longer than 1 day, then PHP hits the cpu limit time when rendering through pChart API.  I might look into replacing the server side chart rendering with something client-side (ie. Javascript).
January 10, 2014, 08:09:16 PM
Hey people,
I'm creating the v2.3 HAL w/ some new features, one of which is the MACD analysis, however.. I need some way of getting data from the last 26 days and the maximum of bitcoincharts returns is about two days..
does anyway to solve this problem or can i do the MACD basing in a shorter time different EMA pattern of "12-day - 26-day"?

Suppose you could use 12-min / 26-min (or 12-hour / 26 hour) MACD for intra-day trading.
January 10, 2014, 08:07:47 PM
I'm workin on MACD right now,
I have not started integrating btce and vircurex, It would be great if you could help integrate these other exchanges..

Nice project! I would like to help out if I can.  What is the current status of BTC-e and Vircurex api?

Will look into it. BTW, tried running it on my rasp-pi and it works for the most part (chart rendering is slow), except when the chart becomes longer than 1 day, then PHP hits the cpu limit time when rendering through pChart API.  I might look into replacing the server side chart rendering with something client-side (ie. Javascript).
HAL10K developer
January 10, 2014, 04:03:06 PM
I'm workin on MACD right now,
I have not started integrating btce and vircurex, It would be great if you could help integrate these other exchanges..

Nice project! I would like to help out if I can.  What is the current status of BTC-e and Vircurex api?
HAL10K developer
January 10, 2014, 03:59:12 PM
Hey people,
I'm creating the v2.3 HAL w/ some new features, one of which is the MACD analysis, however.. I need some way of getting data from the last 26 days and the maximum of bitcoincharts returns is about two days..
does anyway to solve this problem or can i do the MACD basing in a shorter time different EMA pattern of "12-day - 26-day"?
January 10, 2014, 02:26:46 PM
I left the bot running all night with default settings and I've lost almost 20% of the amount I had. Apparently it's selling low and buying high, always:

https://i.imgur.com/0SKCo7m.jpg

What should I change in the settings to stop this behaviour? Is there any reason for this?

Can't say for sure, but it looks like a lag due to the order-queue/lag at Gox is causing your trades to be delayed slightly, which is enough to cause serious problems.  It does look like the bot is trying to buy when the short MA crosses over the long MA, and vice versa.. just by the time the trade executes its too late.
January 10, 2014, 01:36:44 PM

p.s. I've done much bot programming before, and unless the paper-trading simulates all the nuances of a real market, its VERY unlikely the bot will act the same IRL vs. papertrading
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
January 10, 2014, 08:19:41 AM
I think it's more a matter of getting everyting tweaked correctly to make money. No bot is simply plug and play.
Activity: 112
January 08, 2014, 11:56:40 PM
Has anyone made money running this bot?
Activity: 27
January 08, 2014, 09:37:56 PM
Well I gave it many many tries, but it doesn't work me. I've lost too much money already.
Activity: 87
January 08, 2014, 06:06:33 PM
Very good Smiley I think most people prefer profit in BTC is where it has more advantages. Cool

I created the bot to profit starting w/ btc, but like many requested here, next version will be able to start w/ USD or any fiat..

Great job, I would take a doubt, apparently the bot is configured to obtain profit in U.S. dollars, how do I flip and make a profit in bitcoin?  Huh
Activity: 15
January 08, 2014, 03:59:54 PM
How to config others API? I want to test in an other market différent (no just MTgox).

Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: