Pages:
Author

Topic: Half bread is better than none - page 3. (Read 1394 times)

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335
November 05, 2020, 01:59:12 AM
That is correct, expecting too much from a project and holding for it for too long losses you an opportunity to earn and let your portfolio grow. Sometimes you need to get your profit and move to the next project. Some projects only spark for a short time and become stale in the later part.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 505
November 04, 2020, 08:56:06 PM
Once upon a time I was so hooked with the word HODL, it's all I ever dreamt of, becoming a whale some day shouldn't be that hard, that's all I thought but after losses over and over again, all in the name of holding I finally end up breaking the chain. .. I prefer taking my profits, even if the token grows big later I won't regret
If you are hooked to the term HODL to bitcoin then you might have  made a fortune and that cannot be said about the countless shit tokens. Everyone made their mistakes in the past and i was silly enough to hold some of the coins much longer especially tokens and there is no way i am going to get my capital investment nor expecting those to move again. 
Activity: 2730
Merit: 632
November 04, 2020, 06:06:12 PM
Altcoins are really scary, if you can do some research you will see many good altcoins that had very good start and value in 2018 and are still alive today but we never heard anything good from them anymore for some reasons, they are now like ghosts, honestly altcoin investment is more scary, this is why its better to always take profit, most especially from new altcoins, Profit is Profit, either big or small.

You cant really avoid for someone not to think to held up into their coins on where they do believe that it might really shoot up its price in near future.
We do have that kind of hope thats why we do hold into something when it comes to expectations.Profit is indeed profit but some do prefer on taking up some
risk neither its a strategic one or would really have that kind of gambling way of perspective.Altcoins can really give that kind of opportunity but
taking some shot and the odds for it to happen is very less.Diversifying is being suggested but be careful on dealing with alts yet there are tons of
options to take from but it do vary with some sort of luck and of course you would need to make up some research.
Activity: 406
Merit: 252
kittiefight.io Combat MMO Lending Jackpots
November 04, 2020, 06:01:45 PM
Altcoins are really scary, if you can do some research you will see many good altcoins that had very good start and value in 2018 and are still alive today but we never heard anything good from them anymore for some reasons, they are now like ghosts, honestly altcoin investment is more scary, this is why its better to always take profit, most especially from new altcoins, Profit is Profit, either big or small.
I have followed this strategy myself but believe me for forex or commodity market it can work but in crypto market this strategy will give you more stress and confusion because everytime you take profit you will regret that your profit could have been bigger if you have waited more.

it all depends on how the price of the coin you sold further behaves
of course, you always want to make the most of your profit
however, it is worth understanding for yourself that it is much better to get at least some profit than losses
Activity: 938
Merit: 13
AMEPAY
November 04, 2020, 01:23:22 PM
I have followed this strategy myself but believe me for forex or commodity market it can work but in crypto market this strategy will give you more stress and confusion because everytime you take profit you will regret that your profit could have been bigger if you have waited more.
Activity: 952
Merit: 308
November 04, 2020, 01:19:32 PM
It's anything but difficult to guarantee a splendid thought during beginning stage however the greater part of them didn't proceed with the advancement because of some unique part as of now leave the gathering after they got there share on the symbolic deals that bolted for a specific timeframe. Now and again even an altcoin with great exchanging volume go low with low exchanging volume no time. This is extremely large danger, since we've gotten it at a lower cost and the cost has developed pretty much nothing.
Activity: 854
Merit: 103
November 04, 2020, 12:45:19 PM

There are too many coins which makes it difficult for new traders to choose and they end up losing. thats why its a good idea to stick to alts that have been tested through times and continue to show progress and stability. If you keep gambling from new altcoin to next new altcoin, eventually you'll end up losing everything you have gained.

Therefore, newbies should better invest first into Bitcoin. They can hold it for all the time, and spend months (at least) learning the crypto market ABC. Only then, they can start buying altcoins they like and further, trade using them.
Activity: 196
Merit: 12
November 04, 2020, 02:12:32 AM
Those who haven't lose money on crypto space before will surely say otherwise until they learn too, not taking profit is completely greediness to me, Rome wasn't build in a single day so why hoping to make a millon dollar overnight? Just like that? Well I know some made biggest money in 2017 but the chance that we will see a year like that again is very slim
Activity: 3010
Merit: 629
November 03, 2020, 09:36:50 PM
Depends on many factors, the technology, the business, the team. It is safer to invest in top coins since it has a more solid business compared to other coins, the lesser risk. Still, no one can predict what can happen in the future, even bitcoin might die out. We can never know.
We'll never know whats going to happen for the future of altcoins it can turn to shitcoins for losing its value or stay because it has progress still. Op is right, always take profit if we had a chance because the price is unpredicted. I have alts that I bought 2 years ago, it has value but not acceptable to sell, im still waiting for the right time. Now I regret not selling it before when the price is good to take profit.
Activity: 686
Merit: 107
November 03, 2020, 09:17:57 PM

Depends on many factors, the technology, the business, the team. It is safer to invest in top coins since it has a more solid business compared to other coins, the lesser risk. Still, no one can predict what can happen in the future, even bitcoin might die out. We can never know.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 103
COMBO 2.0
November 03, 2020, 07:40:50 PM
best time to catch alts is when a big update is happening or when it just realized, is better to watch out for release dates and then when huge updates are coming Is really easy to get some 5x with those simple strategies I think
Activity: 406
Merit: 252
kittiefight.io Combat MMO Lending Jackpots
November 03, 2020, 07:29:08 PM
Thats why new altcoins nowadays don't sell that much unless they attach Defi to their brands or its already a working project. I'm also a bag holder of some altcoins before luckily I disposed them early back in the day when they are still worth something but now I didn't hear news or updates most of them. Thats why everytime I made a decent profit I sell them even in short term because there is no assurance in every investment even if you have investted in the top coins in the market.  

there can be no identical strategy for all tokens
some tokens fall in price immediately after the start of sales and never rise again
others, on the contrary, with the start of sales begin to grow rapidly in price
it is difficult to guess whether you need to sell right away or you need to wait
I usually divide my amount of tokens into three parts
 I sell one part immediately, the second a little later
 and the sale of the third part depends on the price increase
Activity: 517
Merit: 10
November 03, 2020, 11:09:48 AM
It hard for new dealers to pick and they wind up losing. that is the reason its a smart thought to adhere to alts that have been tried through occasions and keep on indicating progress and dependability. This is the best model for desire versus reality post. It's anything but difficult to guarantee a splendid thought during introductory stage however the greater part of them didn't proceed with the advancement because of some unique part as of now leave the gathering after they got there share on the symbolic deals that bolted for a specific timeframe.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 259
November 02, 2020, 12:53:55 PM
yes i totally agree with you, i used to hope that the value of the coins i have will be valuable so i hold onto them but what do i get ?? It has absolutely no value now, and now I don't want to be left behind, I will take whatever profit I will take, because I don't want to lose my profit anymore.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 250
November 02, 2020, 10:10:17 AM
Once upon a time I was so hooked with the word HODL, it's all I ever dreamt of, becoming a whale some day shouldn't be that hard, that's all I thought but after losses over and over again, all in the name of holding I finally end up breaking the chain. .. I prefer taking my profits, even if the token grows big later I won't regret
It's amazing the journey you have been on in the past, because I myself really hate the word "HODL" because with that word I can't have what I want anytime soon, so I always sell all the coins I get from bounty and Airdrop campaigns, because for me, having assets is significantly more valuable than anything.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
November 02, 2020, 09:51:08 AM
Activity: 2170
Merit: 530
November 02, 2020, 09:43:13 AM

I agree with your Profit is profit, either big or small. It really scary if you still have that altcoin in your wallet, and the value of it might not give you a profit, or the losses on that altcoin is too big that you still want to hope it will pump soon. At least right now, we know that we should convert to a profit even if the profit is too small.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 420
www.Artemis.co
November 02, 2020, 09:41:18 AM
Thats why new altcoins nowadays don't sell that much unless they attach Defi to their brands or its already a working project. I'm also a bag holder of some altcoins before luckily I disposed them early back in the day when they are still worth something but now I didn't hear news or updates most of them. Thats why everytime I made a decent profit I sell them even in short term because there is no assurance in every investment even if you have investted in the top coins in the market.  
Activity: 447
Merit: 100
November 02, 2020, 09:33:40 AM
Actually I lost a lot of money because of that mentality, waiting for an altcoin to increase in price to take profit, and then hold to die. Perhaps alway take profit is the best way to survive in this market.
Activity: 448
Merit: 4
November 02, 2020, 09:21:30 AM
You are right, just like what happened to me lately I got tokens from the bounty campaign I joined, I didn't sell it because I thought it would still have a high value later on but the result was end up with nothing, it really disappoints me, and I regret why i didn't sell it when there's still a chance. Because the pursuit of big profits sometimes leads to nothing, so it is better if we have our profit even if it is small  we should not seek bigger because it is difficult to trust new altcoins mostly they pump and dump and can not get up anymore.
Pages:
Jump to: